Top picks for Republican Presidential candidate: Romney, Palin, McCain, Brown

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
Media boost Brown into GOP presidential mix | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

I like how the article says Huckabee has "years" of national political experience.

Out of the people on the poll, I'd love to see a Romney/Brown ticket. Both are left enough from the right to draw in independents, but obviously close enough to the right to garner votes from the "base." Romney brings fiscal responsibility, and Brown brings social understanding. It would be a tough ticket for Obama to beat those two, I think.

I like how the article says Huckabee has "years" of national political experience.

Out of the people on the poll, I'd love to see a Romney/Brown ticket. Both are left enough from the right to draw in independents, but obviously close enough to the right to garner votes from the "base." Romney brings fiscal responsibility, and Brown brings social understanding. It would be a tough ticket for Obama to beat those two, I think.

Both from Massachusetts with the Republican base in the south?

It'll never work. No way the Republican Base in the south turns out for two yankees from Mass.

Its Romney's turn. I'd like to see Romney/Petraeus on the 2012 GOP ticket. Romney has the smarts to fix the economy and Petraeus has the smarts to tone down the Defense Department for a few years until the deficit is checked.

Its Romney's turn. I'd like to see Romney/Petraeus on the 2012 GOP ticket. Romney has the smarts to fix the economy and Petraeus has the smarts to tone down the Defense Department for a few years until the deficit is checked.

Except Romney is mormon and too Liberal for the GOP to vote for him. And the GOP has no real clue where Petraeus stands on the issues. If he's even socially Liberal a bit, they will not give him their support.

You seem to not realize that Petraeus wants to keep our troops in various places a long time. If you think it's possible to keep the Defense Department "toned down" for a few years and keep up two wars then you're being delusional. (No offense.)

Romney and Palin are the most frequently mentioned choices in a recent Gallup poll, when respondents are asked to name their preferred candidate. Huckabee comes in far lower down the list.

If Mitt can win the nomination, I can't imagine southern cons sitting home and letting the chance to be rid of BO pass them by.

No such thing as turns. I want to see someone emerge. I like Bob McDonnell, but time will tell.

Romney and Palin are the most frequently mentioned choices in a recent Gallup poll, when respondents are asked to name their preferred candidate. Huckabee comes in far lower down the list.

If Mitt can win the nomination, I can't imagine southern cons sitting home and letting the chance to be rid of BO pass them by.

You seem to doubt the ability of Republicans to tear down their own.

See: George W Bush and John McCain in 2000.

See: Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Rudy, and John McCain in 2008.

He is going to have to bring a heavy hitter down ticket. Brown won't do it. I would probably vote for a Romney/McDonnell ticket. I'm not high on Romney though. We'll see.

Yeah, because the Democrats always play nice during the primary season. :doubt:

He is going to have to bring a heavy hitter down ticket. Brown won't do it. I would probably vote for a Romney/McDonnell ticket. I'm not high on Romney though. We'll see.

The question is, will the Bob McDonnell of his thesis show up once elected?

And before you say, well that was 1989. The same kind of McDonnell emerged in 2003 and in recent years as well.

Following things like that, he seems like a nutter.

I expect the candidates to compete. That's why I said, "If Mitt can win the nomination..."

As for Bush and McCain in 2000, the stronger candidate obviously won the nomination. A lot of cons, me included, were suspicious of McCain for all the libs fawning over him as their favorite Republican. Big help that was in 08.

Except Romney is mormon and too Liberal for the GOP to vote for him. And the GOP has no real clue where Petraeus stands on the issues. If he's even socially Liberal a bit, they will not give him their support. You seem to not realize that Petraeus wants to keep our troops in various places a long time. If you think it's possible to keep the Defense Department "toned down" for a few years and keep up two wars then you're being delusional. (No offense.)

1. Barry Obama showed the GOP what happens if they start litmus tests. The south will vote for Mormon Romney in droves (Hint: or else its Muslim-Commie OBAMA)
2. Petraeus will need to live within a reduced defense budget. He can't spend what he doesn't have, otherwise he goes to jail.
3. Two wars will be down to about 1/2 of a war by 2012. There are better ways to deal with terrorists than turning over all the rocks in AFG.

The question is, will the Bob McDonnell of his thesis show up once elected?

And before you say, well that was 1989. The same kind of McDonnell emerged in 2003 and in recent years as well.

Following things like that, he seems like a nutter.

I hope some of the shit that I wrote in college doesn't come up if I run for office. College works are an exercise in free and critical thought. His thesis is interesting in ways that cause one to think. He has since acted much more moderate in his actions politically. I am not worried about it, for now.

Can't happen. Both Romney and Brown are from MA.

Yeah, because the Democrats always play nice during the primary season. :doubt:

Never said they all did. However in recent years, the GOP has been significantly worse to each other in the primary.

Really? Wasn't Jeremiah Wright a part of the last Primary cycle for you guys? :eusa_whistle:
Hillary Clinton said:
"You don't choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend."

"I think given all we have heard and seen, [Wright] would not have been my pastor."

"For Pastor Wright to have given his first sermon after 9/11 and to have blamed the United States for the attack, which happened in my city of New York, would have been just intolerable for me."

Hate and Fear will again be the Republican agenda - what else do they have (fiscal responsibility -LOL)? That leaves Palin, Gingrich and Bachman screaming, "Marxism!".
The American people are too smart to fall for this again.

Forum List

Back