Top Modern President.

Oh, so Obama is to blame for the War in Iraq. That takes the cake. That's the most absurd statement I've read on this board.
Do yourself a favor, take a reading comprehension course.

You said the Kenyan's keeping us there. He's not Kenyan first of all. What are you trying to say if you're not laying blame on him?

We shouldn't have 1,500,000 active military and 1,500,000 reserves. That number should be cut considerably. I appreciate the ones that serve, but we don't need all of them. We should have never gone to War with Iraq. Getting out is much more difficult than getting in. If you're implying he hasn't done a good job of transitioning us out, I'd love for you to explain. The previous administration is 100% responsible for that mess.
Uh, excuse me but, I never said that....Pale rider did.

Fact is, and if your reading comprehension was up to par you would know that PALE RIDER stated that Obama is staying in Iraq.......Totally against all the BS promises he made......He never said that Obama is to blame for the war in Iraq.

Like I said, take a reading comprehension course......And don't even try to insinuate I said something I never did........I don't play that shit!

And just to be clear....We did the right thing going into Iraq......Just go ask the Iraqi people who lived under that murderous regime. Go ask The Iraqi people who were tearing down statues of Sadaam and partying in the streets when they realized he was nothing but a bad memory. Ask the Iraqi people who watched their loved ones being dragged out of their homes, executed, and shoved into mass graves for simply daring to speak out against the regime. Ask the Iraqi people who know they will now NEVER have to face the rule of Sadaam's even crazier and sadistic sons when power would have been handed to them. ASK THE KURDS!

And just to be clear again, Obama is 100% responsible for us still being in Iraq.....You cannot deny that!

Last edited:

You said the Kenyan's keeping us there. He's not Kenyan first of all. What are you trying to say if you're not laying blame on him?

We shouldn't have 1,500,000 active military and 1,500,000 reserves. That number should be cut considerably. I appreciate the ones that serve, but we don't need all of them. We should have never gone to War with Iraq. Getting out is much more difficult than getting in. If you're implying he hasn't done a good job of transitioning us out, I'd love for you to explain. The previous administration is 100% responsible for that mess.

Fact is, and if your reading comprehension was up to par you would know that PALE RIDER stated that Obama is staying in Iraq.......Totally against all the BS promises he made......He never said that Obama is to blame for the war in Iraq.

Like I said, take a reading comprehension course......And don't even try to insinuate I said something I never did........I don't play that shit!

And just to be clear....We did the right thing going into Iraq......Just go ask the Iraqi people who lived under that murderous regime. Go ask The Iraqi people who were tearing down statues of Sadaam and partying in the streets when they realized he was nothing but a bad memory. Ask the Iraqi people who watched their loved ones being dragged out of their homes, executed, and shoved into mass graves for simply daring to speak out against the regime. Ask the Iraqi people who know they will now NEVER have to face the rule of Sadaam's even crazier and sadistic sons when power would have been handed to them. ASK THE KURDS!

And just to be clear again, Obama is 100% responsible for us still being in Iraq.....You cannot deny that!
Obama promised to get the troops out of Iraq on the timetable proposed by his predecessor.

he is on track to accomplish that.

You can't deny that!

Sorry if I quoted you for something someone else said. I read what he wrote. Obama is doing everything he can to get us out of there and he would have never gone in.

I don't know if you fought there. If you did, thanks. But...the $3,000,000,000,000 + the lives of our soldiers, dead and injured, and the moral high ground of respecting others sovereignty lost is not worth taking that guy out unless he's a direct imminent danger to us here or perhaps if he were invading other countries. He was a horrific dictator that did terrible things to his own people, we all know that. Most of that took place a long time before. If HW had chosen to finish the job, that would have been reasonable, but to start over and invest that much of our treasure for that fight, total mularkey. Completely unreasonable choice. In my opinion, and I acknowledge it's just my opinion, I think Cheney did not think they had WMDs, but wanted to go and sold Bush Jr. on it. I also believe Powell did not think they had WMDs and did not want to go in spite of his hatred for Saddam, but out of respect for the chain of command, with orders from the Commander in Chief, he reluctantly sold a bill of goods to the American people. I never bought it. Hans Blix said he was almost certain they had no WMDs and I believed him. The only mistakes in our history that come to mind as worse than the Iraq War were slavery, killing the Indians, and perhaps the build up to the Great Depression or waiting to jump into World War II. The Iraq War makes a really short list and will having lasting negative consequences.

Modern presidents who are not guilty of war crimes and/or crimes against humanity:

By default, Carter was probably the least harmful, but that only speaks to how shitty they've been rather than being any kind of accolade.

Last edited:
you're not honestly attempting to compare the actions of France in support of US revolutionaries with Reagan's explicitly illegal contribution of funds to support the Contras...right?

I mean, you realize that what France was doing was legal, right? And what Reagan was doing was explicitly illegal. you know that right?

Ahhh... again... "What Reagan was doing", I suggest you try and get a little accuracy... was there some sneaky stuff going on?? Yeah.. Was any of it by Reagan really illegal?? Debatable in many people's eyes... Were some things done illegal? Yep, hence why there were some prison terms, etc....
The Reagan administration broke the law. They violated the constitution. It was Reagan's administration.

That is in no-way comparable to French intervention in our own revolution. Not even in the same universe of similarity.

We have done many sneaky things when dealing with enemies, etc over many years, in the name of national defense... and I am actually OK with that... CIA covert ops, under the table deals to facilitate progress in negotiations, etc... but Reagan did nothing treasonous...

How is arming an enemy and using the funds from that arming to arm terrorists "in the name of national defense"?

And yeah... when the French started helping.. it was indeed pretty similar... France sold supplies under sneaky terms thru Portugal and the Netherlands and other countries to smoke cloud over some of the actions... so yeah.. pretty fucking similar.... I would suggest a bit of reading into all that went on....

Which part was illegal? I would suggest you explain that.

Reagan did nothing illegal... his opposition would have been all over that like stink on a monkey... those committing illegal acts were prosecuted... just as others within other administrations and other persons within government have been prosecuted for crimes...

What France did was INDEED similar to what went on under Reagan... they funneled assistance thru other countries (even some NOT so friendly with them), helped under the table, etc.... I suggest you actually study your fucking history... while laws were different and not as all encompassing as they are today, the similarity is indeed creepily similar

Reagan was probably one of the worst. He committed treason and violated the Constitution.

But he was to popular to impeach with the very people who say the value the Constitution.

Go figure.

Pure unsubstantiated winger propaganda bullshit... but typical
Ahhhhhhhh, give him a break.........He obviously gets his loony liberal talking points from liberal loon Amy Goodman, and the rest of the liberal idiots on LINKtv.

This never gets old. I've posted in multiple threads. This is Ronald Reagan admitting to treason and violating the Constitution.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YOQEZtNE0&feature=related[/ame]

That's the full unedited version of the Conservative saint spilling his guts.

Modern presidents who are not guilty of war crimes and/or crimes against humanity:

By default, Carter was probably the least harmful, but that only speaks to how shitty they've been rather than being any kind of accolade.

Clinton actually stopped an on going Genocide in the Balkans. That's something that either doesn't get discussed..or gets marginalized. That whole thing was handled very well; few American casualties (Like 0), death camps were found and stopped, Milosev was frogged marched to the Hague and tried in an international court in front of the world.

Ahhh... again... "What Reagan was doing", I suggest you try and get a little accuracy... was there some sneaky stuff going on?? Yeah.. Was any of it by Reagan really illegal?? Debatable in many people's eyes... Were some things done illegal? Yep, hence why there were some prison terms, etc....
The Reagan administration broke the law. They violated the constitution. It was Reagan's administration.

That is in no-way comparable to French intervention in our own revolution. Not even in the same universe of similarity.

How is arming an enemy and using the funds from that arming to arm terrorists "in the name of national defense"?

And yeah... when the French started helping.. it was indeed pretty similar... France sold supplies under sneaky terms thru Portugal and the Netherlands and other countries to smoke cloud over some of the actions... so yeah.. pretty fucking similar.... I would suggest a bit of reading into all that went on....

Reagan did nothing illegal... his opposition would have been all over that like stink on a monkey... those committing illegal acts were prosecuted... just as others within other administrations and other persons within government have been prosecuted for crimes...

What France did was INDEED similar to what went on under Reagan... they funneled assistance thru other countries (even some NOT so friendly with them), helped under the table, etc.... I suggest you actually study your fucking history... while laws were different and not as all encompassing as they are today, the similarity is indeed creepily similar

Bullshit.

Agreed.

Bullshit.

Yes indeed, that is what you are full of....

Reagan did nothing illegal... there was no 'treason' or 'war crimes' or whatever else left-wingnuts keep spewing

Pure unsubstantiated winger propaganda bullshit... but typical
Ahhhhhhhh, give him a break.........He obviously gets his loony liberal talking points from liberal loon Amy Goodman, and the rest of the liberal idiots on LINKtv.

This never gets old. I've posted in multiple threads. This is Ronald Reagan admitting to treason and violating the Constitution.

Because you WANT it to be treason, does not make it so... nice try though

Bullshit.

Reagan did nothing illegal... there was no 'treason' or 'war crimes' or whatever else left-wingnuts keep spewing

That you keep repeating that doesn't make it so.

There were investigations..Reagan was made to apologize on tv for his actions..but Congress lost it's spine and went after lessor fish..like Oliver North.

Who got his ass out of the frying pan by ACLU.

You want to deny history, facts and the record..fine.

That's your fake little world..not mine.

Because you are ignorant..I will help you out.

trea·son   /ˈtrizən/ Show Spelled
[tree-zuhn] Show IPA

–noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state. 3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Reagan fills the bill on two of the three clauses here. I don't think he was trying to overthrow the government. He sent people to an enemy nation to make a deal to win an election.
That's a violation of allegiance...and a betrayal of a trust.

Secondly..Congress voted not to send aid to the Contras. Reagan established a secret fund to do just that. That is a violation of the Constitution's separation of powers.

Add in during his administration there were multiple bank failures and the bond market went belly up.

This guy was a lousy...and criminal president. And for someone to defend him, who has "Bring back the Constitution" in his avatar..is not only fucking laughable..it's sad at the same time.

Top modern President?
I remember the following Presidents:
Truman
Ike
Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Obama

Out of all of these guys, I would say the best President in the group would have to be Reagan.

Bullshit.

There were investigations..Reagan was made to apologize on tv for his actions..but Congress lost it's spine and went after lessor fish..like Oliver North.

Thank you for proving his point, THERE AINT SHIT UNLESS CONVICTED, YOU JUST WANT THERE TO BE, cuz you're clearly another typical, lefty, nut who hates the fact that Reagan is still RIGHTFULLY loved today and considered 1 of the best presidents we ever had.

So go somewhere else with your BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YOQEZtNE0&feature=related

Because you are ignorant..I will help you out.

trea·son   /ˈtrizən/ Show Spelled
[tree-zuhn] Show IPA

–noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state. 3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Reagan fills the bill on two of the three clauses here. I don't think he was trying to overthrow the government. He sent people to an enemy nation to make a deal to win an election.
That's a violation of allegiance...and a betrayal of a trust.

Secondly..Congress voted not to send aid to the Contras. Reagan established a secret fund to do just that. That is a violation of the Constitution's separation of powers.

Add in during his administration there were multiple bank failures and the bond market went belly up.

This guy was a lousy...and criminal president. And for someone to defend him, who has "Bring back the Constitution" in his avatar..is not only fucking laughable..it's sad at the same time.

Reagan did nothing of what you bolded.... but it is ones like you and your winger hyper-partisan ilk that WANT it to be so

Thank you for proving his point, THERE AINT SHIT UNLESS CONVICTED, YOU JUST WANT THERE TO BE, cuz you're clearly another typical, lefty, nut who hates the fact that Reagan is still RIGHTFULLY loved today and considered 1 of the best presidents we ever had.

So go somewhere else with your BS.

:lol::lol:

How absurd.

Forum List

Back