Top Modern President.

Who's the Most Popular Modern President? - Yahoo! News

JFK cause he died in office, he sucked as a President though.

Ronald Reagan second.

Bush has a 49 percent approval rating just 2 years after he got out of office. It WILL go up as time goes by. So much for him being the worst ever, ehh you retarded Liberals?

I liked JFK as president.

lowered taxes, kicked ass of foreign countries who messed with us, slept with marlyin monroe...ok the last one was a bad thing for a president or any man to do, cheat on his wife, but still she was the hottie of the day ;).

Ronald Reagan second.

Bush has a 49 percent approval rating just 2 years after he got out of office. It WILL go up as time goes by. So much for him being the worst ever, ehh you retarded Liberals?

Always said for years, that JFK gets the emotional boost of the assassination.. his 'ranking' or 'popularity' is not based on actual doings

For me... in the past 60 or so years... my top 2 are Ike and Reagan

Ronald Reagan second.

Always said for years, that JFK gets the emotional boost of the assassination.. his 'ranking' or 'popularity' is not based on actual doings

JFK for his handling of the Cuban Missile Crisis. And, because he was very sexy. :lol:

Ike.

Reagan.

Ronald Reagan second.

JFK for his handling of the Cuban Missile Crisis. And, because he was very sexy. :lol:

Ike.

Reagan.

JFK CAUSED the Cuban missile crises. He convinced Krushev that he was weak and would simply accept missiles in Cuba rather then risk war. Read some history.

I attached the link below:

Kennedy Still Highest-Rated Modern President, Nixon Lowest

W. ranks 8th out of 9. The only one that ranks lower is a guy that got impeached. Jimmy Carter, LBJ, and Gerald Ford rank higher than W. Just keeping it fair and balanced. W. will not move much higher than where he's at in my opinion. He's been on TV touting his book lately and showing himself as the likable guy we all remember and want to have a beer with. Just shouldn't have been President. Immediately following, a midterm where his party was successful, as the outparty always is. It's popular right now for the unified GOP to say you bad, we good. At least 1/2 the country won't easily forget we thought he was a horrible President, no matter how likable he is.

Ike.

Reagan.

JFK CAUSED the Cuban missile crises. He convinced Krushev that he was weak and would simply accept missiles in Cuba rather then risk war. Read some history.

I've read history, thanks. I liked Kennedy. I'm as entitled to that opinion as you are to yours.

At least I don't rely on links to provide my opinions.... unlike some on the forum.

W. ranks 8th out of 9. The only one that ranks lower is a guy that got impeached. Jimmy Carter, LBJ, and Gerald Ford rank higher than W. Just keeping it fair and balanced. W. will not move much higher than where he's at in my opinion. He's been on TV touting his book lately and showing himself as the likable guy we all remember and want to have a beer with. Just shouldn't have been President. Immediately following, a midterm where his party was successful, as the outparty always is. It's popular right now for the unified GOP to say you bad, we good. At least 1/2 the country won't easily forget we thought he was a horrible President, no matter how likable he is.

Are you not capable of forming your own opinions? Interesting.

Ronald Reagan second.

JFK's popularity is high now in part because of his untimely passing, but he was also very, very popular during his abbreviated term in office.

What was it about Carter's presidency that lends him to be as high as he is? The question needs to be asked.

And it is impossible to have a supported, logical answer that would ever show justification for any good rating.... but it does not stop leftist hyper-partisans from trying

Well, he wasn't all bad....
1. He landed the Camp David Accords.
2. He left office with a lower unemployment rate and deficit than when he took office.
3. He started a long chain of deregulatory efforts including air transportation, trucking, railroads and oil production.
3. He appointed a Fed chair with the cajones to squeeze stagflation out of the economy.

Re:California Gurl

What are you referring to? How am I not stating my own opinion. I simply attached the link hidden in the article. The OP implied W. Bush was somehow popular based off of the article. I was refuting that point with his own link and some reasoned thought. The only Presidents in our history that might have been worse than W. were at inflection points and blinked, choked, made horrible decisions, or their values were horrendous, reflected in their choices.

Last edited:

Re:California Gurl

What are you referring to? How am I not stating my own opinion. I simply attached the link hidden in the article. The OP implied W. Bush was somehow popular based off of the article. I was refuting that point with his own link and some reasoned thought. The only Presidents in our history that might have been worse than W. were at inflection points and blinked, choked, made horrible decisions, or their values were horrendous, reflected in their choices.

Yet, you won't answer my question about Carter. :eusa_whistle:

Reagan was probably one of the worst. He committed treason and violated the Constitution.

But he was to popular to impeach with the very people who say the value the Constitution.

Go figure.

Nixon should be in first place. Someday he will be.

I've always said that if Nixon hadn't been paranoid and delusional, he'd have been considered our greatest modern president.

The irony lies in the fact that he couldn't get a nomination from his party now and would probably be a dem...or minimally an independent.

he started the EPA, opened China... got us out of Vietnam...

yep, the rightwingnuts of today would have been calling him a RINO.

but... Nixon did get caught. So I doubt he'll ever be resurrected in terms of his numbers.

At some point though, someone will point out to the right that Reagan wasn't even Reagan and had the largest tax increases in our history and increased the deficit massively. His bud, Lee Atwater, is also single-handedly responsible for what passes as political discourse today... he is the philosophical father of Karl Rove and Rush Limbaugh, et al.

Forum List

Back