Top 9 reasons a Dem president couldn't handle the war against terrorists

lol

hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

The undeniable truth is that progressive liberalism WON the 20th century, hands down. Every single advance we made was fought, tooth and nail, by conservative america and you lost every battle...the only "victories" you EVER had were ones of delay. We have never retreated...at worst, we have stood still for a term or two or even three.... from women's suffrage to a worker's rights to organize, to child labor laws, to social security to minimum wage to civil rights legislation to workplace safety to the Americans with Disabilities Act to medicare to medicaid to environmental legislation...we won. we won. you lost. and you will continue to lose... and we will win the 21st century as well.

Here's a clue: if you want to really slow us down, nominate and elect someone other than a fucking lameass chimpanzee as president....

There is no doubt that Bush's inept incompetent performance as president only served to turbocharge and jump start the progressive liberal agenda.

thanks.

Why are you of the opinion that those aren't conservative values?

because "conservatives" fought against each and every one of them.

No, republicans and/or claimed to be conservatives fought against them. There is a difference in the ideology and those that claim to espouse them.

ScreamingEagle said:
Not obvious at all. In fact there is plenty of evidence to the contrary if you'd only take the time to actually look. Liberals have a long track record of being on the wrong side of any conflict, of being fools for communism, and of being on the wrong side of history. I think Ann Coulter sums it up nicely:

"Whenever the nation is under attack, from within or without, liberals side with the enemy," Coulter writes. "This is their essence."
What on Earth are you talking about!?!?! It's traitorous scum like Ann Coulter who are always selling our country short, emboldening the enemy and disregarding, even disparaging our troops. I'm just glad that finally we have what will hopefully be a responsible party in Congress. Instead of the special interest-first, screw-it-up and cut-and-run attitude of the Republicans who, I remind you, cut and run from Korea, Vietnam, Nicaragua, and even considered abandoning the allies in WW2, we're going to have the responsible democrats trying to set Bush straight and find a way to make the best of the situation. I really love the image of the Republicans steaming in rage as Pelosi and the Democrats stop the Republican plan to ruin this country. Hopefully all the damage they've done over the past six years can be reversed, but I don't know. The Republicans Death Agenda is so throughly entrenched that their adherents will undoubtedly continue trying to destroy America.

lol

hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

The undeniable truth is that progressive liberalism WON the 20th century, hands down. Every single advance we made was fought, tooth and nail, by conservative america and you lost every battle...the only "victories" you EVER had were ones of delay. We have never retreated...at worst, we have stood still for a term or two or even three.... from women's suffrage to a worker's rights to organize, to child labor laws, to social security to minimum wage to civil rights legislation to workplace safety to the Americans with Disabilities Act to medicare to medicaid to environmental legislation...we won. we won. you lost. and you will continue to lose... and we will win the 21st century as well.

Here's a clue: if you want to really slow us down, nominate and elect someone other than a fucking lameass chimpanzee as president....

There is no doubt that Bush's inept incompetent performance as president only served to turbocharge and jump start the progressive liberal agenda.

thanks.

You're right….liberalism has been winning for the majority of the 20th century… and just look at the friggin MESS we're in today. :razz:

You're right about GWB in some ways. He actually turned out to be your lucky star as he's been a big fizzle for conservatives in many ways. He's done more than just "reach out" as a moderate. Why is it liberals continue to hate and attack him so much? Oh, that's right. The salivating and teeth-gnashing communistic Far Left is running the Democrat Party.

Mr. Conley said:
What on Earth are you talking about!?!?! It's traitorous scum like Ann Coulter who are always selling our country short, emboldening the enemy and disregarding, even disparaging our troops. I'm just glad that finally we have what will hopefully be a responsible party in Congress. Instead of the special interest-first, screw-it-up and cut-and-run attitude of the Republicans who, I remind you, cut and run from Korea, Vietnam, Nicaragua, and even considered abandoning the allies in WW2, we're going to have the responsible democrats trying to set Bush straight and find a way to make the best of the situation. I really love the image of the Republicans steaming in rage as Pelosi and the Democrats stop the Republican plan to ruin this country. Hopefully all the damage they've done over the past six years can be reversed, but I don't know. The Republicans Death Agenda is so throughly entrenched that their adherents will undoubtedly continue trying to destroy America.

You really need to read up on your history. Truman(D) retreated to the 38th Parallel and lost NK to the communists. Liberals supported the communist Sandanistas in Nicaraqua. Liberals called for running from Vietnam and the communists had a field day.

Pelosi is just another cut and run Far Left liberal.

Screaming Eagle said:
You really need to read up on your history. Truman(D) retreated to the 38th Parallel and lost NK to the communists. Liberals supported the communist Sandanistas in Nicaraqua. Liberals called for running from Vietnam and the communists had a field day.

Pelosi is just another cut and run Far Left liberal.
What do you mean? Eishenhower signed the armistice in Korea, Ford abandoned Vietnam, and look how Reagan's efforts in Nicaragua turned out. The Republicans have repeatedly failed to honorably protect and serve this country. Spineless conservatives would have you believe otherwise, but the truth is readily apparent if you look for it. The truth is they'll say that they can handle the responsiblity of war, but time and time again the Republicans have failed to show the courage and wisdom necessary to lead this nation, instead perferring to hurt our troops while lining their own pockets. Let's not even get into the lies and corruption...

What do you mean? Eishenhower signed the armistice in Korea, Ford abandoned Vietnam, and look how Reagan's efforts in Nicaragua turned out. The Republicans have repeatedly failed to honorably protect and serve this country. Spineless conservatives would have you believe otherwise, but the truth is readily apparent if you look for it. The truth is they'll say that they can handle the responsiblity of war, but time and time again the Republicans have failed to show the courage and wisdom necessary to lead this nation, instead perferring to hurt our troops while lining their own pockets. Let's not even get into the lies and corruption...

Pres Reagan brought down the Soviet Union without firing a shot. Appeasers like Peanut Carter did nothing, while the Soviets pointed nukes at the US and went into Afghanistan

Pres Peanut's respone to the Soviet invasion - he pulled the US out of the Oylmpics. Boy, that sent shock waves of laughter through the Soviet Union

Pres Reagan brought down the Soviet Union without firing a shot. Appeasers like Peanut Carter did nothing, while the Soviets pointed nukes at the US and went into Afghanistan

Pres Peanut's respone to the Soviet invasion - he pulled the US out of the Oylmpics. Boy, that sent shock waves of laughter through the Soviet Union

the demise of the soviet union was a long time coming...to suggest that Reagan "did" it is foolish...it was done, primarily by the weight of an unmanageable state controlled economy and any "help" that came from the west was in the form of a continuum of pressure from the US and its allies starting with Truman and ending with Bush the elder.

the demise of the soviet union was a long time coming...to suggest that Reagan "did" it is foolish...it was done, primarily by the weight of an unmanageable state controlled economy and any "help" that came from the west was in the form of a continuum of pressure from the US and its allies starting with Truman and ending with Bush the elder.

Yea, to libs the Soviet Union would have crashed under it own weight in about 200 years - all Reagan did was speed up the process

Yea, to libs the Soviet Union would have crashed under it own weight in about 200 years - all Reagan did was speed up the process

Not just Reagan...every American president from Truman to Bush I who ever signed a military defense authorization played a part.

Not just Reagan...every American president from Truman to Bush I who ever signed a military defense authorization played a part.

The Soviets grew until Reagan. Libs were bellowing how Reagan would start WWIII, and how the increase of the US military would start another arms race

Once again, libs were on the wrong side of history. No surprise there

The Soviets grew until Reagan. Libs were bellowing how Reagan would start WWIII, and how the increase of the US military would start another arms race

Once again, libs were on the wrong side of history. No surprise there

the soviets grew? what does that mean? their system of government was crumbling under the cumulative weight of the cold war waged on them by every america president from truman on.

the soviets grew? what does that mean? their system of government was crumbling under the cumulative weight of the cold war waged on them by every america president from truman on.

History as written by libs

Jimmy Carter Won the Cold War

"Short-circuiting the long-established principles of patient negotiation leads to war, not peace." - Jimmy Carter

On this 93rd birthday of the Anti-Christ, Gipper-worshipping dittoheads across the blogosphere are squawking like lovesick parrots about how "Reagan won the cold war". But history will reveal the real truth - the man who actually won the cold war was none other than the 39th president of the United States, James Earl Carter.

Carter strongly suspected that the Soviet Union might be a bully. From his grade school years, Carter also knew that the best way to deal with a bully is to make yourself very small and hope they don't notice you. Failing that, offer them your lunch money. Whatever you do, do NOT confront them - it will only make them angrier. Meekly submitting to a wedgie is better than getting a bloody nose. And perhaps in time, the bully will realize you're no threat and let you pal around with him. Carter applied this policy of d�tente to his dealings with the Soviet Union.

The French word for "I'm your bitch", d�tente with the Soviets was the dreamchild of Henry Kissinger and Tricky Dick Nixon. But it was future nobel laureate, Jimmy Carter, who perfected it to an artform. When the Soviets began rattling their nuclear sabres in the 70's, Carter cut national defense in order to make us seem less threatening. When the Soviets appeared unmoved by his overtures of peace, Carter offered them an olive branch in the form of the Panama Canal, Nicaragua, Taiwan, Ethiopia, Korea, Yemen, Angola, Kampuchea, and Afghanistan. He was in the process of handing them all of Eastern Europe when he was cruelly tossed out of office by the Moral Majority.

However, Carter's refusal to confront the USSR set the wheels in motion for its eventual collapse. Lured into a false sense of superiority, the Soviets overextended themselves, spreading their influence across the globe in much the same way the Roman Empire did. If allowed to continue on such a course, the Soviet Union would quietly fade away in just a few hundred years. All Reagan did was speed up the process by forcing the "evil empire" into an arms race.

By standing up to the Soviets and forcing them in to an arms race, Reagan brought the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation. If it weren't for Sting's visionary Russians single soothing the tensions between the two world powers, I would very likely be typing this blog from a fallout shelter today. We owe him, and Jimmy Carter, a deep debt of gratitude.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/history_lessons/index.html

I wrote a post above.... answer it and don't hide behind the cutting and pasting of words that I did not write. debate me...don't debate liberals that I have not shown any agreement with.... I am always trying to engage YOU in debate...all you can do is cut and paste words from others.... it really illuminates your deficit.

I wrote a post above.... answer it and don't hide behind the cutting and pasting of words that I did not write. debate me...don't debate liberals that I have not shown any agreement with.... I am always trying to engage YOU in debate...all you can do is cut and paste words from others.... it really illuminates your deficit.

The post shows how libs view history. You seem to support that view of the Soviet Union and the reason it fell

Forum List

Back