Top 30 (from 20) Superhero Movies redux

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
(1) Captain America 2 (The movie was great from being to end and the story was top notch - suspenseful, great villains and great climax)
(2) The Dark Knight (The Joker stole the show - Still the best)
(3) Deadpool (Funny and awesome - it is a one of it's kind)
(4) Guardians of the Galaxy (I loved this movie and I had low expectations
(5) Captain America 3 (Great story and great pulling together all the characters - loved it. Great Spider-Man intro, but Giantman stole the show)
(6) Batman Begins (Bale was the right choice, but the dark and serious view fit Batman)
(7) Ironman (the movie that really kicked off the superhero revival. RDJ captured the role
(8) Avengers (yes I liked the original better than the sequel)
(9) Spiderman 2 (After watching the Amazing Spiderman 2, it made me appreciate the Toby McGuire Spiderman more. Amazing Spiderman 2 was horrendous and ruined Amazing Spiderman 1 in my eyes).
(10) Watchmen (Never heard of them before, but the movie was awesome. It was so underrated and the villain wins$
(11) Thor Rangnorak (Thor and Hulk team up was great and all the new characters were also awesome and very funny, but the class constant comedy took a little away from the movie)
(12) Wonder Woman (Great story and the WWI was an interesting choice)
(13) GoG 2 (baby Groot was awesome, loved the music and it was actually pretty good, despite my disappointment they didnā€™t introduce Adam Warlock)
(14) Man of Steel (call me crazy, but I loved this movie. I don't get why so many people hated it.)
(15) Xmen Days of Future Past (They did good on a classic comic story and did a good job of reversing the damage done by X3)
(16) Xmen 2 (beat the original in my mind)
(17) Spiderman Homecoming (I thought it was a little slow and anti-climatic and I hate what they did to MJ, but still good movie with a great villain)
(18) Spiderman (Great, just not as good as the sequel)
(19) Xmen (Ditto)
(20) Antman (Paul Rudd seemed like a bad choice, but he nailed the role)
(21) Avengers 2 (was still good not great)
(22) Captain America (It was a ton better than I expected)
(23) The Wolverine (Thank god for this movie, because the first Wolverine was so bad. He was my favorite superhero growing up and this movie was pretty good)
(24 ) Incrediables (Great Pixar movie)
(25) Unbreakable (Very unrated movie. I still enjoy it.)
(26) Black Panther (so over rated, stunk too much of SJW BS and was under whelming in many ways, but the acting and fight scenes were top notch)
(27) Dr Strange (I loved the movie, but I am one of those people who think they ruined the Ancient One and that lowered it in my eyes)
(28) XMen First Class (very good prequel).
(29)t Punisher War Zone (this was the most recent one and it was great. Very true to the character)
(30)t Incredible Hulk/Ed Norton (It was very under-rated, but still had issues. Looking back Norton made a horrible Bruce Banner)
(30)t Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(30)t Darkman (low budget special effects hurt the movie, but I still Loved this movie.)

Honorable Mentions: Blade (good not great), Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.). Crow (was very good and well casted with the son of Bruce Lee, but the others were better in my book).

Noticable left off:
Thor 1 &2: both movies sucked balls.
Ironman 2&3 (ruined awesome villains, poor flow and storyline)
Amazing Spiderman: the 2nd ruined Amazing Spiderman 1 for me.
Kickass: never saw Kickass, so I left it off.
Hellboy: l don't see the appeal to Hellboy, I thought both movies weren't that good.
F4: While I kind of enjoyed Fantastic Four (the first one) it wasn't that good.
Dark Knight Rising: I might be one of the few, but I didn't like Dark Night Rising.
BvS: Batman vs Superman sucked from beginning to end.
Suicide Squad: Fucking horrible. Weak characters and god awful plot. The climax suck and the constant Joker side plot took away from the movie and was pointless and the Joker escape was beyond retarded. Jared Leto's Joker was a disgrace. Batman also looked like shit in the movie. Another zero for DCEU.
XMen 3: Everyone agrees this one sucks.
XMen: Age of Apocalypse: Horrible story. Too many side stories. Mystic is a villain not hero they are ruining her. Cyclops was the older brother why change it? The movie was the worst of XMen.
Justice League: Not as bad as advertised, but still a bad movie
Logan: Professor X was funny, but it was too damn slow. I actually fell asleep at times. The storyline butchered the comic storyline. I just didnā€™t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

(1) Captain America 2 (The movie was great from being to end and the story was top notch - suspenseful, great villains and great climax)
(5) Captain America 3 (Great story and great pulling together all the characters - loved it. Great Spider-Man intro, but Giantman stole the show)
(6) Batman Begins (Bale was the right choice, but the dark and serious view fit Batman)
(7) Ironman (the movie that really kicked off the superhero revival. RDJ captured the role
(9) Spiderman 2 (After watching the Amazing Spiderman 2, it made me appreciate the Toby McGuire Spiderman more. Amazing Spiderman 2 was horrendous and ruined Amazing Spiderman 1 in my eyes).
(10) Watchmen (Never heard of them before, but the movie was awesome. It was so underrated and the villain wins$
(11) Thor Rangnorak (Thor and Hulk team up was great and all the new characters were also awesome and very funny, but the class constant comedy took a little away from the movie)
(13) GoG 2 (baby Groot was awesome, loved the music and it was actually pretty good, despite my disappointment they didnā€™t introduce Adam Warlock)
(14) Man of Steel (call me crazy, but I loved this movie. I don't get why so many people hated it.)
(15) Xmen Days of Future Past (They did good on a classic comic story and did a good job of reversing the damage done by X3)
(17) Spiderman Homecoming (I thought it was a little slow and anti-climatic and I hate what they did to MJ, but still good movie with a great villain)
(19) Xmen (Ditto)
(23) The Wolverine (Thank god for this movie, because the first Wolverine was so bad. He was my favorite superhero growing up and this movie was pretty good)
(26) Black Panther (so over rated, stunk too much of SJW BS and was under whelming in many ways, but the acting and fight scenes were top notch)
(27) Dr Strange (I loved the movie, but I am one of those people who think they ruined the Ancient One and that lowered it in my eyes)
(29)t Punisher War Zone (this was the most recent one and it was great. Very true to the character)
(30)t Incredible Hulk/Ed Norton (It was very under-rated, but still had issues. Looking back Norton made a horrible Bruce Banner)
(30)t Batman/Michael Keaton (A little cheesy now and so inferior to the new one, but still good in it's own way)
(30)t Darkman (low budget special effects hurt the movie, but I still Loved this movie.)

Honorable Mentions: Blade (good not great), Superman 1 & 2 (I loved these as a kid, but now they are very cheesy and low special effects. Still good in their own way, but dated.). Crow (was very good and well casted with the son of Bruce Lee, but the others were better in my book).

Noticable left off:
Hellboy: l don't see the appeal to Hellboy, I thought both movies weren't that good.
Dark Knight Rising: I might be one of the few, but I didn't like Dark Night Rising.
Suicide Squad: Fucking horrible. Weak characters and god awful plot. The climax suck and the constant Joker side plot took away from the movie and was pointless and the Joker escape was beyond retarded. Jared Leto's Joker was a disgrace. Batman also looked like shit in the movie. Another zero for DCEU.
XMen: Age of Apocalypse: Horrible story. Too many side stories. Mystic is a villain not hero they are ruining her. Cyclops was the older brother why change it? The movie was the worst of XMen.
Logan: Professor X was funny, but it was too damn slow. I actually fell asleep at times. The storyline butchered the comic storyline. I just didnā€™t like it.

You really should watch Kick Ass.

I thought Logan was good, if overrated. Some people seem determined to see it as some sort of masterpiece of filmmaking, it was just a pretty good comic book hero flick. It was the best of the Wolverine movies, without all the silly crap that got added into the others.

I still prefer Andrew Garfield to Toby Maguire as Peter Parker. AM2 was a mess, but I liked the first one, despite the flaws.

I still haven't seen Black Panther, but I might be going tomorrow. Otherwise I'll probably wait until I can watch it at home.

The Crow doesn't really belong on this list. I love the movie, and can still watch it today and love it, but it's a different genre.

Spider Man 2 is overrated, but at least you aren't calling it the greatest comic book superhero movie of all time. :)

The first Cap does not hold up to multiple views very well.

WW is too high. The story was average, the movie was average in terms of comic book movies today. Such excessive hype around WW. Weak villain, underdeveloped characters, nothing really exceptional.

I wouldn't really put Unbreakable on the list either, but it is a good movie.

I actually liked some of what was done in BvS, but it was such a cluttered mess of a movie, it the good couldn't overcome the bad.

I was fine with Leto's take on Joker in SS, but that should have been a separate movie. So much wasted time on the Joker sub-plot that could have been used to flesh out the main story and characters. Waste of a movie.

I wouldn't put Incredibles on here, either. It is a family animated movie more than a superhero movie.

Most people prefer the first Avengers to AoU. :)

(19) Xmen (Ditto)

Noticable left off:

I thought Logan was good, if overrated. Some people seem determined to see it as some sort of masterpiece of filmmaking, it was just a pretty good comic book hero flick. It was the best of the Wolverine movies, without all the silly crap that got added into the others.

I still prefer Andrew Garfield to Toby Maguire as Peter Parker. AM2 was a mess, but I liked the first one, despite the flaws.

I still haven't seen Black Panther, but I might be going tomorrow. Otherwise I'll probably wait until I can watch it at home.

The Crow doesn't really belong on this list. I love the movie, and can still watch it today and love it, but it's a different genre.

Spider Man 2 is overrated, but at least you aren't calling it the greatest comic book superhero movie of all time. :)

WW is too high. The story was average, the movie was average in terms of comic book movies today. Such excessive hype around WW. Weak villain, underdeveloped characters, nothing really exceptional.

I actually liked some of what was done in BvS, but it was such a cluttered mess of a movie, it the good couldn't overcome the bad.

I was fine with Leto's take on Joker in SS, but that should have been a separate movie. So much wasted time on the Joker sub-plot that could have been used to flesh out the main story and characters. Waste of a movie.

I wouldn't put Incredibles on here, either. It is a family animated movie more than a superhero movie.

Logan has some good points, but it was so damn boring. I fell asleep in the theater. I watched it again online to catch the parts I missed and fell asleep 2 other times. Between the 3 viewings I watched the entire movie.

I think their were flaws with WWā€™s climax, but that dark theme worked very well for it. But I agree I probably have it too high.

Unbreakable is absolutely a superhero movie and itā€™s a classic. I am very excited it is getting a sequel.

How is the Crow not a superhero movie? It is based on a comic?

I thought Leto was the worst thing in B vs S. It was horrible.

I kinda disagree on CA1. I didnā€™t like it that much on the first view, but it got better thereafter

(19) Xmen (Ditto)

Noticable left off:

Logan has some good points, but it was so damn boring. I fell asleep in the theater. I watched it again online to catch the parts I missed and fell asleep 2 other times. Between the 3 viewings I watched the entire movie.

I think their were flaws with WWā€™s climax, but that dark theme worked very well for it. But I agree I probably have it too high.

Unbreakable is absolutely a superhero movie and itā€™s a classic. I am very excited it is getting a sequel.

How is the Crow not a superhero movie? It is based on a comic?

I thought Leto was the worst thing in B vs S. It was horrible.

I kinda disagree on CA1. I didnā€™t like it that much on the first view, but it got better thereafter

Logan didn't have a lot of action, it's true. It was supposed to be more of a slow burn movie. I understand not liking it that much.

The Crow is a supernatural revenge movie. The comic is a supernatural revenge story. The main character is not a superhero.

Leto was fine IMO. I'd like to have seen the Joker and Harley story made into its own movie, and all that time in SS used to flesh out the characters and tighten up the plot.

I was pleasantly surprised the first time I saw Cap1. I expected a crappy movie, but it was decent. However, part of what made it good was my very low expectations. On rewatching, I enjoy it less. Of course, the more I see Cap in the Marvel movies, the more annoyed I get that no one can seem to shoot at any point except the shield. :p

I finally watched Black Panther last night. I didn't get the SJW issues; that kind of thing is hardly part of the movie. On the other hand, I thought some of the CGI looked sub-par, and I hated how dark some of the scenes were. I struggled to see what was going on in some of the fight scenes because the lighting was so dim. There were story issues as well, so I agree the film is overrated.

I finally watched Black Panther last night. I didn't get the SJW issues; that kind of thing is hardly part of the movie. On the other hand, I thought some of the CGI looked sub-par, and I hated how dark some of the scenes were. I struggled to see what was going on in some of the fight scenes because the lighting was so dim. There were story issues as well, so I agree the film is overrated.
I kept wondering how he could have been the Black Panther in Civil War if he didn't go through the whole " King" ritual.

I kept wondering how he could have been the Black Panther in Civil War if he didn't go through the whole " King" ritual.

I believe T'Challa was already Black Panther, but not yet king. I would guess his father had grown too old to remain Black Panther and the mantle was passed down. I can't remember if it was specifically covered in the movie.

Forum List

Back