Kickboxer

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Just watching this on TV.

What a great movie this was. Great story ,great fight scenes and scary villians.

Van Damme did ok given his limited range and this was before he thought that he had a personality.

In my opinion its the best kickboxing movie I have ever seen. Why dont they make them like this anymore ?

MV5BZGYzZDQ2ZWItNjE4ZS00ZTgzLTk3ZjctZjAwZDUyM2I4Nzg5L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYxNjkxOQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,646,1000_AL_.jpg

What a great movie this was. Great story ,great fight scenes and scary villians.

Van Damme did ok given his limited range and this was before he thought that he had a personality.

In my opinion its the best kickboxing movie I have ever seen. Why dont they make them like this anymore ?

MV5BZGYzZDQ2ZWItNjE4ZS00ZTgzLTk3ZjctZjAwZDUyM2I4Nzg5L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYxNjkxOQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,646,1000_AL_.jpg

Great movie? Not even close. It was an entertaining movie. Like a few of his other movies: Cyborg (which I loved), Blood sport, Lionheart, Time Cop and Universal Soldier, they were entertaining, but not great movies

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Nostagalgic for sure. I even liked the Amazon series, "Jean Claudde Van Johnson". Tons of tongue in cheek, slap stick humor. I hope they give us a second season...

I grew up on old kung-fu movies. "Five Deadly Venoms (the class of the genre in many peoples opinions)", "Game of Death", Fist of Fury.

For me, the old school kung fu movies were so far ahead of their time.

I grew up on old kung-fu movies. "Five Deadly Venoms (the class of the genre in many peoples opinions)", "Game of Death", Fist of Fury.

And boring....the only thing that made them worth watching was the frontal nudity scenes...

And boring....

I don't watch them as an adult, but I respect the art of these movies. I'd go into my room and pretend I was in a kung fu fight. It's art, the movies themselves had predictable plots like a Western does, but they had some great choreography.

As for Van Damme, meh, I remember one scene from his movies, "boards don't hit back".

Last edited:
I was in school when Kung Fu was on tv in the 70s. We used to kick the shit out of each other in school next day.

We'd do that on Mondays after Sunday wrestling of the WWF. Kids jumping off of fences and taking elbows to your face. Noone bitched or cried either and I took a pounding once in awhile. Even the people who were the "sucker" wrestlers who were only in the WWF to be fodder for the others every Sunday took their shots without a tear.

It was the same story every week. Wanders into town looking like shit. Gets picked on. Shows restraint and then beats up the baddies.
Lessons in life for 10 year olds.

Uh oh, just had the scene where Claude dances like a twat in a Thai bar, in a vest.
Revising my opinion downwards.

I was in school when Kung Fu was on tv in the 70s. We used to kick the shit out of each other in school next day.

We'd do that on Mondays after Sunday wrestling of the WWF. Kids jumping off of fences and taking elbows to your face. Noone bitched or cried either and I took a pounding once in awhile. Even the people who were the "sucker" wrestlers who were only in the WWF to be fodder for the others every Sunday took their shots without a tear.
I liked one of the tag teams best.
Hi Energy ?

"Kung Fu Hustle". Just phenomenal.

And boring....

I don't watch them as an adult, but I respect the art of these movies. I'd go into my room and pretend I was in a kung fu fight. It's art, the movies themselves had predictable plots like a Western does, but they had some great choreography.

As for Van Damme, meh, I remember one scene from his movies, "boards don't hit back".
that was Bruce Lee.....

And boring....

that was Bruce Lee.....

I snuck into that movie to see little titties on an Asian girl.....

Forum List

Back