Too much freedom

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
Somebody asked me why the USA is becoming a failure..
This is what I said about why the USA is a failure.

For one thing, just to put things into perspective, The 1970s wasn't America's golden days in space.. it was our infancy there.
The Apollo 11 mission was our first successful landing on the moon, beating the Russians to the moon.

The fact of the matter is, that the USA has much too much freedom, and nowhere near enough rules, laws, or discipline or oversight, nor are Americans subject to enough absolute and total authority... yes... Americans have too much freedom today... to go into space.

This means that Americans won't answer to somebody that has more knowledge and experience than themselves.

And so our schools can't teach what it takes to do anything amazing like that.

And the places where the schools are that sent people up to space, are in neighborhoods that you might not survive.. because the people that run those schools are too emotionally prepubescent to move to somewhere else.

To work in space, you need to follow ORDERS , do it NOW and do it the WAY they SAY do it, WHEN they say do it, and shut your mouth unless spoken to.

That's the discipline that it takes to be in space.

If something goes wrong on a spaceship today, what you have is a lack of loyalty, a lack of trust, and a brawl going on up there.
And they're all dead.

Too much freedom to choose their behavior at school.
Too much freedom to be religious, and therefore not affirm science, and therefore create a barrier against science.

Too many safety nets against the impact of failure, and therefore no incentive to bounce back up out of failure.

Too much freedom of speech and of the press, this makes them undisciplined in the area of organization and being organized.

PS.. Your rights wont operate a space craft and explore space, against all the thousands of elements against your ability to survive there... following orders from people who know does.

That's why other countries are doing so much better than the USA today, even though most countries don't have a space program, they are getting unimaginably ahead of the USA in other, more earthly technologies, and the USA's space program is receding.

• Banned
If something goes wrong on a spaceship today, what you have is a lack of loyalty, a lack of trust, and a brawl going on up there.
Do you have any particular reason to think this is true?

Or are you just making stuff up that you know nothing about, and then whining about it?

I know that when you don't obey orders, things go wrong.
When you hate science, you don't learn science.
When you are Undisciplined, you cut corners, and lack loyalty to a team, and procrastinate and therefore don't get the job done correctly, or at all.

When there is too much freedom, you never learn discipline, and you don't learn to follow orders, or rules.

When the schools are in neighborhoods that you might not survive in, they create a barrier against the right people attending them.

When the market is TOO free, things end up being mismanaged by the wrong people.

Last edited:

Or are you just making stuff up that you know nothing about, and then whining about it?

When you are Undisciplined, you cut corners, and lack loyalty to a team, and procrastinate and therefore don't get the job done correctly, or at all.

When there is too much freedom, you never learn discipline, and you don't learn to follow orders, or rules.

When the schools are in neighborhoods that you might not survive in, they create a barrier against the right people attending them.

When the market is TOO free, things end up being mismanaged by the wrong people.
Jeezus, I never thought about that before. Sounds good. How do we get the Taliban to come over here as advisors? Maybe I can get a job as a disciplinarian.

Do you mind answering what grade you are in?

Pre-school. He's only four.

Wait a minute...isnt he the guy who claimed to be a genius?
Why's he asking us?

For one thing, just to put things into perspective, The 1970s wasn't America's golden days in space.. it was our infancy there.
The Apollo 11 mission was our first successful landing on the moon, beating the Russians to the moon.

The fact of the matter is, that the USA has much too much freedom, and nowhere near enough rules, laws, or discipline or oversight, nor are Americans subject to enough absolute and total authority... yes... Americans have too much freedom today... to go into space.

This means that Americans won't answer to somebody that has more knowledge and experience than themselves.

And the places where the schools are that sent people up to space, are in neighborhoods that you might not survive.. because the people that run those schools are too emotionally prepubescent to move to somewhere else.

To work in space, you need to follow ORDERS , do it NOW and do it the WAY they SAY do it, WHEN they say do it, and shut your mouth unless spoken to.

And they're all dead.

Too much freedom to be religious, and therefore not affirm science, and therefore create a barrier against science.

Too many safety nets against the impact of failure, and therefore no incentive to bounce back up out of failure.

Too much freedom of speech and of the press, this makes them undisciplined in the area of organization and being organized.

PS.. Your rights wont operate a space craft and explore space, against all the thousands of elements against your ability to survive there... following orders from people who know does.

That's why other countries are doing so much better than the USA today, even though most countries don't have a space program, they are getting unimaginably ahead of the USA in other, more earthly technologies, and the USA's space program is receding.

I see, so Obama must have known we were "too free" to be safe in space so he gutted NASA for our own good. What a Prez!

And they're all dead.

I see, so Obama must have known we were "too free" to be safe in space so he gutted NASA for our own good. What a Prez!

"President Obama’s other primary mission for NASA is to reach out to the Muslim world. Last year, NASA Administrator Charles Bolden told Al Jazeera television that President Obama gave him three primary tasks: encourage children to learn about math and science, improve relations with foreign nations and “perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science … and math and engineering.”

And they're all dead.

good, he did the right thing.

I'm 28 years old, and in college for my 3rd college degree.
:)

You need therapy.

I do believe some of the most brilliant people, including astronauts, were religious. Doesn't mean they aren't smart, you ass.

Talking about too much freedom and not following orders sounds like a typical radical leftwing idea. Government is the one who mismanages things.

Didn't Obama cut back on NASA funding? Maybe you have a point about lacking loyalty (to America) and not getting the job done correctly or at all. Limit Obama's freedom and see if that makes him a better president.

I think the biggest issue is that people don't understand what freedom of speech really means. The government can't arrest you for what you say. It doesn't mean anyone else has to listen to you.

In other words, you DID make up all that stuff about things going wrong in spaceship crews, and probably every other "example" you gave.

And people wonder how government becomes too big and overbearing.

It happens when lazy and dishonest people simply invent "evidence" that never happened, try to persuade people it was true, and then get elected to posts where they can impose laws on the rest of us, without people paying much attention, and seeking out and debunking their lies.

I'm 28 years old, and in college for my 3rd college degree.
:)

Well .... if at first you don't succeed ...

Forum List

Back