Too late to call out Obama and the Dems?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VaYank5150, Nov 11, 2010.

1. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I realize that the reports that Obama may cave to the GOP concerning extending the Bush tax cuts are preliminary, but WTF already? The Democrats still hold their majorities until January 1st. Rather than play right into the GOP's hands, why don't Obama and the Democrats band together and pass their proposed extension for the middle class and eliminate the cuts for the richest 2%?

This would in turn force the GOP to attempt to ram through new cuts for just the richest 2% of America. I don't get it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,175

s0n.........where I come from, we just had an election and the people had their say: "Fcukk the class warfare BS!!!". Thats the fallout from 682 state legisltor + for the GOP and all the governorships and all of those House seats.

Its called trying to save your political hide..........

On taxes, the lefties are discussing the matter as if they scored an epic victory!!!!:fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Regardless of the election results, until January 1st, the Democrats still have the majority in the House, Senate and of course occupy the White House. IF they had any balls, they would do what they believe to be right for the American middle class now and force the GOP to try to pass massive tax breaks for the richest Americans after they take power.

4. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Obama doesn't have enough Democrats in Congress to do what he tells them anymore.

5. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    He never did. The blue dogs were basically republican.

6. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Oh Jesus. REALLY? Between the Tea Baggers, the RINOs and now the Blue Dogs....why do so many people bitch about only having TWO political parties?

7. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Obama guessed wrong if he thought his party's delegation in Congress would throw their careers away for an underachiever like him forever.

8. Danaelle

Danaelle Thread Killer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Well. First, glad to see I found some of the older peeps I used to post with. Second....didnt I tell ya this was gonna happen? :D If Hills had been elected, a lot more would have gotten done by now.

Just sayin :)

9. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Oh please. Hillary was more polarizing than Cariboue Barbie at the time she was running. Had she been elected, she would have invaded some other non-threatening country already just so she could prove she was in charge. Just sayin'.....

10. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,175

and receive less revenue to the federal government??? Fcukking brilliant s0n!!!:lol:

The far left doesnt give a rats ass about the welfare of the country.....as long as the capitalist gets fcukked.

Its a brilliant stroke of political genius for Obama. Had he held out on this, reelection would be virtually impossible. This serves two purposes: 1) Amp up the economy 2) Puts the ball in the court of the GOP. On balance......Obama has waaaaaaaaaaay more to gain politically.

On this.......frankly, Id prefer he fall in lockstep with his k00k base. But alas...........