Too harsh! Trump suggests Desantis' 6 week abortion law went too far

Quite simple, as Alito says, there is no mention of abortion in the constitution.

Can you show me where he is wrong?
Yes. I already have but you are evidently committed to ignorance.

The ninth amendment.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Yes. I already have but you are evidently committed to ignorance.

The ninth amendment.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."
Wrongly interpreted....or it would have remained 'law'.

No need to apologize retard, I know you’re worthless and can’t read and should be fully disregarded as the clown you are.

The Tenth Amendment still exists, not repealed, so your noise is just bullshit noise. No worries.
The 9th amendment still exists so your noise is bullshit noise.

Did you go to school in a red state? They tend to have the worst education but even I thought they taught about the constitution...unless you were just to dumb to understand?

Yeah, in 1973.

I agree that the 1973 wasn't without controversy, mootness being one and the rationale for their abortion timeline being another. My views on Roe v Wade are similar to Heller v DC: the Court decided correctly, but how they got their decision was frankly dubious. The difference is that the Court later corrected at least one of its mistakes in Roe, but doubled and tripled down on their errors in the wake of Heller.

Ninth Amendment rights are admittedly the toughest to argue and defend, precisely because people are going to disagree over which unenumerated rights exist and for what purpose.

Donald Trump seems to be open to admitting that when a woman is pregnant whatever is in her womb is not always a "baby".
As a moderate conservative I believe that this is a good view and Desantis is too much of a conservative.
Being a conservative is fine but not too conservative.
Do you think a woman has a baby in her womb throughout the whole pregnancy?

Another gold star for DeSantis!!

Great, a legal truism that effectively does nothing exists. Whoopty doo.
Does nothing? You haven't heard of unenumerated rights?

I don't consider the right to marry, the right to travel and presumption of innocence, all based on the 9th amendment, as nothing.

Either did James Madison who spearheaded the 9th.

Why do you?

Forum List

Back