Too hard on them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by vyxen
Uh no, I didn't tell her off for using foul language, I told her off because she made Dom apologize to the board for using the language that she is now using.

Hah, and what are you going to do? Somehow grab me from the monitor and choke me to death?

Just curious...what is vbulliten's policy on threats and hate propaganda (against Muslims, the French and Canadians)?

vBulletins policy is EXTREMELY clear, they don't have one! I bought the board outright and it is on MY website! Go complain if you like though:
http://www.vbulletin.com

Hate propaganda? FUCK THE BROWN MOTHERFUCKERS, FUCK THE COWARDS, and most definitely FUCK THE LOSERS NORTH OF THE BORDER!

I'll spread whatever hate I damn well please on my website. YOU joined and acknowledged the TOS, YOU can just as easily take your fat ass and leave!

AND YET AGAIN, it is VBULLETIN for the spelling impaired from canada.

YOU are the one posting on a United States Message board! If you are not guilty of spreading hateful slander toward the American people, then I will shut up! But until that time, I will say anything I feel like saying - remember - this is America - land of the free! Stick your rules and threats the same place you stuck that picture!

Originally posted by Joan
YOU are the one posting on a United States Message board! If you are not guilty of spreading hateful slander toward the American people, then I will shut up! But until that time, I will say anything I feel like saying - remember - this is America - land of the free! Stick your rules and threats the same place you stuck that picture!

Heh, in case you haven't noticed, I've refrained from sweeping generalizations and attacks on the American people. Oh, and even in America it is illegal to threaten bodily harm, BTW. Freedom of speech isn't absolute.

And would you be kind enough to tell me who is being threatened with bodily harm?

What she was referring to was when I said to her if she has such a problem, then come see me in NJ! now, I didn't threat, but for such an intelligent person, she claims it is. She is still welcome to come though! I can look back at all the posts on here, and see that SHE is the one and her friend the Teacher, that started with me, so I will defend myself. The Teacher, who claims to know all on SARS doubted what I said on it. None of it matters anyway, coming from a little girl with a BIG mouth! and that's about all you have vyxen, is just that, a BIG MOUTH! with nothing to back it all up with.

>You know I kind of feel bad for these people, maybe we are a little hard on them. <

Hard on US?? Our national pastime is making fun of Americans! And you thought it was hockey or curling! What a putz. Have you never heard of the shows "Talking to Americans" or "This Hour has 22 Minutes"? Rick Mercer is not laughing WITH you - he is laughing AT you!

http://radio.cbc.ca/programs/thismorning/sites/a&e/mercer_010330.html

>I mean think about it, living in a country constantly in the shadow of the US<

Um. We both live in the Northern Hemisphere. The Land of the Midnight Sun is part of Canada. Who is in whose shadow?

>having a military our boyscouts could defeat<

http://www.hamilton-scourge.city.hamilton.on.ca/stoney.htm

Wow. Better send the boyscouts next time. LOL

>not even having a their own language. <

Um. English. Let's see. What country is that language from? What do Americans speak? Good questions. Check out my website and read items one, two, three and five. Then enrol in remedial English for Dummies (subtitled - English as a Second Language for those from the Lost Colonies - Learning How to Speak the Proper Queen's English in Three Easy Steps)

http://members.shaw.ca/uncle_red_dog/2000November8.htm

>They can't even decide if they should speak French or English.<
Actually, we can, and those of us who are bilingual speak the appropriate language in any given situation. For example, we use English to take money from stupid Americans like you, and French in the bedroom or if speaking to any of our other "allies" when an American neo-conservative is in the room. How many languages do you speak? It is a sign of intelligence, not indecision, you mental midget.

P.S. Pidgeon English or "English" that has devolved through interbreeding with slaves and learning the slave dialects don't count as second languages, Einstein. What d'yall think o' them thar apples?

>Must really suck having a second rate health care system<

That's the funniest thing you've said yet.

"The United States, for example, pays more per capita on health care than any other country, yet in overall quality its care ranks 37th in the world."

http://www.rferl.org/nca/features/2000/06/F.RU.000621122505.html

http://action.web.ca/home/wnc/alerts.shtml?sh_itm=4ab969eadd5da67d1d8851126e2ce766

http://www.davidgratzer.com/report1/5.html

"Canada ranks first in health status. This category includes life expectancy, healthy life expectancy (years lived free-of-disability), the percent of population not expected to survive to age 40, self-reported health status, and the prevalence of smoking, alcohol consumption and obesity in the population."

>an economy almost totally dependent on us<

You've got me there. You are indeed our largest trading partner. But ... guess what? That's a two way street. We are YOUR largest trading partner too. Our economies are interdependent. You might want to be a bit nicer. EU has been calling us a lot more often ever since you put the chimp in office.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/top/dst/2002/12/balance.html

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/bw/20031024/bs_bw/nf200310241823db046

You might want to check respective government deficits and the balance of payments before making the comment of exactly WHO is dependent on WHO.

>and being thought of as America's little brother.<

I could kick my older brother's ass by the time I was 12. What's your point?

>You know I can't even think of a product, service, of industry that they are know for. <

Let me help:
Oil
Natural Gas
Hydro
Water
Lumber
Talent (actors, musicians, comedians - essentially - many of the people you look up to in our society that are smarter than you - are Canadians)
Diplomacy (4 syllables - I know George, it is a big word, but you can say it too if you keep practicing)
Maple Syrup
real beer instead of piss water
toques
funny fur hats
baby seal jelly (a delicacy here)
police who actually catch bad guys regardless of their race
Shana Twain
... my fingers tire of this exercise ... I could go on but have a sudden urge to watch music videos ... goodbye

>But despite this they are proud ! <

You got one thing right you dumb Yank.

>And why shouldn't they be, look at all their country has done !<

Careful. Keep it up and you'll have me blindly waving my flag like some dumb ass Texas Republican.

>At very least they produce a hell of a hockey team !

Oh that's right, the NEW JERSEY DEVILS won the cup ! I retract my last statement .<

Check their citizenship papers. What percentage of NHL players are American born? You know our national sport must be a great success when America the Great imports it for their very own. Anybody else imported and played American "football" lately? See point #6 at my site.

http://members.shaw.ca/uncle_red_dog/2000November8.htm

;-)

Hard on US?? Our national pastime is making fun of Americans! And you thought it was hockey or curling! What a putz. Have you never heard of the shows "Talking to Americans" or "This Hour has 22 Minutes"? Rick Mercer is not laughing WITH you - he is laughing AT you!

Well, you aren't very good at your own pastime! And is Rick Mercer some sort of authority in Canada? So you have hockey, curling AND a comedian. Bravo! :laugh:

Um. We both live in the Northern Hemisphere. The Land of the Midnight Sun is part of Canada. Who is in whose shadow?

You see, we do agree, Canada IS useful!

http://www.hamilton-scourge.city.ha...n.ca/stoney.htm

Wow. Better send the boyscouts next time. LOL

Thanks for reminding me how long it's been since Canada had a backbone.

Um. English. Let's see. What country is that language from? What do Americans speak? Good questions. Check out my website and read items one, two, three and five. Then enrol in remedial English for Dummies (subtitled - English as a Second Language for those from the Lost Colonies - Learning How to Speak the Proper Queen's English in Three Easy Steps)

"enrol" in remedial English? Not the best time to make your errors, Dummy.

Actually, we can, and those of us who are bilingual speak the appropriate language in any given situation. For example, we use English to take money from stupid Americans like you, and French in the bedroom or if speaking to any of our other "allies" when an American neo-conservative is in the room. How many languages do you speak? It is a sign of intelligence, not indecision, you mental midget.

P.S. Pidgeon English or "English" that has devolved through interbreeding with slaves and learning the slave dialects don't count as second languages, Einstein. What d'yall think o' them thar apples?

I think you just blew smoke and claimed it as brilliance. Being bi-lingual might be your barometer for intelligence, but it hasn't carried over to national statistics. Maybe taking on a 3rd language will help Canada catch up!

You've got me there. You are indeed our largest trading partner. But ... guess what? That's a two way street. We are YOUR largest trading partner too. Our economies are interdependent. You might want to be a bit nicer. EU has been calling us a lot more often ever since you put the chimp in office.

You might want to check respective government deficits and the balance of payments before making the comment of exactly WHO is dependent on WHO.

Sure, and with Canada having 1/10th of the USA's economy. Trust me, we'll survive with or without Canada.

I could kick my older brother's ass by the time I was 12. What's your point?

And your brother's effeminate ways are our problem in which way? Whatever will he do with no hockey in his future?

Let me help:
Oil
Natural Gas
Hydro
Water
Lumber
Talent (actors, musicians, comedians - essentially - many of the people you look up to in our society that are smarter than you - are Canadians)
Diplomacy (4 syllables - I know George, it is a big word, but you can say it too if you keep practicing)
Maple Syrup
real beer instead of piss water
toques
funny fur hats
baby seal jelly (a delicacy here)
police who actually catch bad guys regardless of their race
Shana Twain
... my fingers tire of this exercise ... I could go on but have a sudden urge to watch music videos ... goodbye

I see 2 things on there that are even worth mentioning, Oil & water. The rest is either useless or rubbish.

You got one thing right you dumb Yank.

So I guess that leaves the score 1-0 in his favor.

Careful. Keep it up and you'll have me blindly waving my flag like some dumb ass Texas Republican.

I suppose it's better than waving the white flag before any type of aggression even starts. Canada is one step ahead of France, and that's like saying dirt is one step ahead of mud.

Check their citizenship papers. What percentage of NHL players are American born? You know our national sport must be a great success when America the Great imports it for their very own. Anybody else imported and played American "football" lately? See point #6 at my site.

Hmmmm.... Why is American football infinitely more popular worldwide? And I find it laughable that all the successful Canadians end up moving to the USA where they know they are better off. LOL

This whole conversation is bunk as far as I'm concerned.

Despite what many detractors may think. Canada is a lovely place to live that outputs its fair share of worth to the world. This is from my experience both as Canadian and as well travelled person. Canada is simply a different country from the US no better, no worse. Canada holds a different set of values than the US. While a strong military, world leadership and economic clout is important in the US, Canada promotes multiculturalism, social welfare and international citizenry (whether we acheive that is another debate all together).

I have to admitt over the last month I've been a silent observer in the unbased bashing of our instutions and values. While many if not most people on this board have had a voice of moderation, which I respect greatly, I do take offense to the "Canada does everything wrong, and is dirt (or close to it)" attitude that I've read too often.

While bashing those who do not argue but banter may be fun, realize that your subject matter also affects others, who would prefer to argue rationally and who's country you are degrading. I for one love the US even though it's different and i can't see someone disliking Canada if they've even spent a lot of time in it.

Isaac, let me be the first to personally apologize to you, as it was obviously my writing that prompted you to post. Yet again, my "generalization" was meant to be towards the previous poster, not Canadians as a whole. Condemning my response without acknowledging what prompted it seems to make you a bit biased.

This thread was well over a month old when "Johnny Canuck" decided to reply. HE lashed out and insulted Americans as a whole. I'm sure there were better ways to reply, but should we have just ignored his ramblings? When a Canadian posts insulting remarks aimed at the US, I don't see you jumping in to stop them.

Since we don't know the poster as an individual, we can only respond to what he initially posted. I suppose the "tit for tat" is a bit amateurish, but at least shows that everyone cares for their respective countries.

Prior posts in this section were mostly started as a result of a now banned member with a lack of people skills (Vyxen). I'm sure you see the decline in "mudslinging" since she was ousted.

Does it still lean towards a USA view? Sure, but then again, this is the "US Message Board".

I'm sorry that you were offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back