Tony Snow dies at 53.

Wow

Rookie
Jul 10, 2008
Texas
One of my favorite talk show hosts.

Tony Snow, the former White House press secretary and conservative pundit who bedeviled the press corps and charmed millions as a FOX News television and radio host, has died after a long bout with cancer. He was 53.

A syndicated columnist, editor, TV anchor, radio show host and musician, Snow worked in nearly every medium in a career that spanned more than 30 years.

"Laura and I are deeply saddened by the death of our dear friend, Tony Snow," President Bush said in a statement. "The Snow family has lost a beloved husband and father. And America has lost a devoted public servant and a man of character."

Snow joined FOX in 1996 as the original anchor of "FOX News Sunday" and hosted "Weekend Live" and a radio program, "The Tony Snow Show," before departing in 2006. A sometime fill-in host for Rush Limbaugh, Snow said he loved the intimacy of his radio audience.

"It's a tremendous loss for us who knew him, but it's also a loss for the country," Roger Ailes, chairman of FOX News, said Saturday morning about Snow, calling him a "renaissance man."

As a TV pundit and commentator for FOX News, Snow was often critical of President Bush before he became Bush's third press secretary in 2006, following Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan. He was an instant study in the job, mastering the position — and the White House press corps — with apparent ease.

• Banned
Hi Wow. Welcome to the board. Sorry about Tony Snow.

Just so you know, you have to link to whatever articles you post here. (Thanks, btw, for only reproducing part of the article). I know you don't have enough posts to be able to link, so I believe this is your source, yes?
Thank you for the welcome!
Yes, that is my source.

Maybe Rush will start a TV program to make up for the loss of Tony? :lol:

A good man that knew his craft well. Probably one of the best.

As Scott McClellan's replacement, Tony couldn't have been a better pick.

Scott should review all of the press briefings that Snow did and learn what the meaning of "class" is.

In any event, Tony's premature departure is a sad event. He will be missed.

What a terrible year for political personalities, all dying off so young. Snow and Russert, probably couldn't have happened to better people in the business. There just aren't any.

Im sorry to hear about this today. I didn't agree with his take on many issues but I thought he was a better press sec. than many i've seen in that position. Tony was a good guy. I take my hat off to this sad news.

One of the biggest liars in American history. The Baghdad Bob of the Bush Administration.

At least McClellan had the guts to come clean.

One of the biggest liars in American history. The Baghdad Bob of the Bush Administration.

At least McClellan had the guts to come clean.

Are you the wife of midcan? Or is he the bottom?

You fucking party hack pieces of shit disgust me. You are everything that is wrong with this fucking country.

We're not going to play that on this thread. I didn't agree with Tony Snow's politics, but the man died...and died in a very difficult way. If you can't be respectful, take it elsewhere....

both of you.

Are you the wife of midcan? Or is he the bottom?

You fucking party hack pieces of shit disgust. You are everything that is wrong with this fucking country.

What is wrong with this country?

1. Huge debt created by Bush-Cheney's invasion of Iraq.

That is the Republican's fault.

2. No energy policy for the last 28 years.

That is both party's fault.

One of my favorite talk show hosts.

Tony Snow, the former White House press secretary and conservative pundit who bedeviled the press corps and charmed millions as a FOX News television and radio host, has died after a long bout with cancer. He was 53.

A syndicated columnist, editor, TV anchor, radio show host and musician, Snow worked in nearly every medium in a career that spanned more than 30 years.

"Laura and I are deeply saddened by the death of our dear friend, Tony Snow," President Bush said in a statement. "The Snow family has lost a beloved husband and father. And America has lost a devoted public servant and a man of character."

Snow joined FOX in 1996 as the original anchor of "FOX News Sunday" and hosted "Weekend Live" and a radio program, "The Tony Snow Show," before departing in 2006. A sometime fill-in host for Rush Limbaugh, Snow said he loved the intimacy of his radio audience.

"It's a tremendous loss for us who knew him, but it's also a loss for the country," Roger Ailes, chairman of FOX News, said Saturday morning about Snow, calling him a "renaissance man."

As a TV pundit and commentator for FOX News, Snow was often critical of President Bush before he became Bush's third press secretary in 2006, following Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan. He was an instant study in the job, mastering the position — and the White House press corps — with apparent ease.

I wonder what Tony thought about stem cell?

And I wouldn't have taken the job of Bush's press secretary. He had to lie about what we are doing in Iraq, which is killing people for oil.
But maybe he believed we were doing the right thing. Scott McClellan was naïve at one time too. Plus, they lie to their press guy. I won't blame the messenger.

and why can't this be chaney?

Forum List

Back