Tom DeLay Sentenced to 3 Years

Tom DeLay gets three years' jail in money laundering case | World news | The Guardian

A leading figure in George Bush's Republican party, Tom DeLay, was sentenced today to three years in prison on accusations that he by-passed political funding laws to forward his own electoral interests.

DeLay remains a free man, released on $10,000 bail pending appeal. But his sentence runs to five years in prison, reduced to three years with the addition of 10 years on probation.

Three years isn't nearly long enough.

i love how unbiased the media is:

leading figure in George Bush's Republican party, Tom DeLay

hmmm, when rangle or other dems get busted, you don't hear:

leading figure in obama's democratic party

Uh... Tom DeLay was the House Majority Leader.

fresh_duh_2.jpg

Hey, if he did it, let him serve his time like the rest of us if we get convicted. Simple as that.

Seems to me, that what the certified arsehole Rangel did was a helluva lot worse than what Delay did ..... yet Rangel gets wrist-slapped. Delay gets booted to jail.

But......I forgot ....... Rangel is not only black.....he's a member of the Ultra Corrupt Congressional Black Caucus.

And we know that without the Monolithic Black vote of 13% of the Total American vote...... the Dem Party wouldn't exist.

Mebbe......just mebbe......all that has something to what with what's happening.

Rangel screwed up his tax returned and misused some stationary.

Hard as it to believe...the two aren't even near comparable.

Add in Rangel is an American Hero.

No..I mean it. A real live American Hero of the first caliber.

:rofl:

good one

of course, in the ensuing 60 yrs, he's shown himself to be a complete and total scumbag... *misused stationery*lol

Rangel is one of the sleeziest politicians I can think of. They both should be in prison.

Tom Delay was found guilty in by a jury, he did it. He should serve the punishment. It's not something I think people should just "get over" because it's a serious crime that a high ranking politician did.

Delay's problem was he wasn't slick enough to cover it up as well as countless others do.

Rangel is one of the sleeziest politicians I can think of. They both should be in prison.

Tom Delay was found guilty in by a jury, he did it. He should serve the punishment. It's not something I think people should just "get over" because it's a serious crime that a high ranking politician did.

Delay's problem was he wasn't slick enough to cover it up as well as countless others do.

Yeah, the only crime seems now-a-days is getting caught. And then they blame the ones that ratted on them. How juvenile.

Rangel did a helluva lot more than "screwing up his returns". He deliberately STOLE MONEY.....like a common THIEF!!!!. Any THIEF stealing that amount of money would serve YEARS in jail.

Also, Rangel isn't an American Hero.

Rangel was a combat vet and served with distinction. And, got a medal.

There are many of us who are combat vets and have TWICE as many medals Rangel has.....and we don't consider ourselves as Heroes....because in practically all those "instances" the guy next to you woulda done the same. And, we know it.

However, Rangel is a THIEF and BLACK RACIST MONUMENTAL PIECE OF SHIT ......THAT is Indisputable.

Sure, it was all an honest mistake. All that rental income he neglected to claim just slipped his mind. :eusa_drool:

leading figure in George Bush's Republican party, Tom DeLay

fresh_duh_2.jpg

you're focusing on the wrong subject....

that they went out of their way to put this under george bush, for rangle, they didn't say "prominent" figure under obama's admin...furthermore, you don't have to actually be the leader to be A leading "figure"

fresh_duh_2.jpg

you're focusing on the wrong subject....

that they went out of their way to put this under george bush, for rangle, they didn't say "prominent" figure under obama's admin...furthermore, you don't have to actually be the leader to be A leading "figure"

I think you're focusing on the wrong subject - you're looking for bias, so you think you found it. There was a much stronger working relationship between DeLay and Bush - he was majority leader when Bush was President, and every single piece of legislation that Bush wanted went through DeLay.

Rangel was never that associated with the White House and Obama.

TDL has been a sleeze bag for a very long time in the Houston area and then nationally.

He will be spending some time where he should have gone long, long ago.

A judge sentenced the former Texas congressman Tom Delay to three years in prison Monday for conspiring to direct laundered corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002. Last November, a jury had also found Mr. DeLay guilty of money laundering, and he accepted 10 years of probation for that in lieu of an additional five years of prison time. In the meantime, his attorneys are appealing the conviction.

DeLay was found guilty of conspiring in 2002 to use his political action committee to send $190,000 in corporate contributions to the Republican National Committee, which then sent the money to candidates for the Texas House. That year, the Republicans gained control of the state legislature for the first time since Reconstruction. That new majority then redrew Texas congressional districts in a way that favored the Republicans. In the next election, 2004, Republicans defeated five Democratic incumbents in the US House.

Tom DeLay, former House majority leader, sentenced to three years in prison - CSMonitor.com

merged-del

And yet, John Boehner, the new Republican Majority Leader, was video taped handing out money filled envelopes on the house floor just before a vote. Everyone called those payments "bribes". Apparently, it's not illegal. I guess Republicans don't really see anything wrong with buying votes. Companies buy their's all the time. In fact, they are proud that they can sell their votes to the highest bidder.

Sure, it was all an honest mistake. All that rental income he neglected to claim just slipped his mind. :eusa_drool:

Feel free to compile a list of people with the same sort of "crimes" that did any time..or even lost their jobs.

Normally you make arrangements to pay back taxes with the IRS.

Forum List

Back