Tom Brady Suspension Lifted

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
:thewave:

Well, Tommy Boy's suspension is no more! What do you all think? :)

Judge nullifies Tom Brady's DeflateGate suspension

Tom Brady's four-game suspension from the NFL for his role in DeflateGate has been nullified. In May, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment, which Brady officially appealed last month. Although Goodell was the arbitrator for the appeal, he changed his original ruling and has now decided that the quarterback presented sufficient evidence to reduce his punishment for allegedly having knowledge that Patriots staff deflated footballs ahead of the AFC Championship against the Indianapolis Colts.

5018883.jpg
darn

The suspension was BS to begin with. Roger Goodell is a jerk. Now when we win the AFC East NE won't have an excuse.

Where's all the haters at now, darn it??!! I have to log off and go to work now! I was hoping to rub some salt in the wounds a little before I started my day! :p

I guess this means the cheatriots will have one less rule to break as they will be watched. They will, no doubt, come up w/ some other underhanded way to gain advantage. That IS what they are known for hence their name :up: the cheatriots

I think it was a good ruling and that Roger Goodell is a power-hungry control freak. (And I'm an Eagles fan....). Steelers look like they're in trouble in the opener..........

I do guess that occasionally cheaters do win. Well, good luck with keeping the wife Shady Brady!

Tom Brady's four-game suspension from the NFL for his role in DeflateGate has been nullified. In May, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment, which Brady officially appealed last month. Although Goodell was the arbitrator for the appeal, he changed his original ruling and has now decided that the quarterback presented sufficient evidence to reduce his punishment for allegedly having knowledge that Patriots staff deflated footballs ahead of the AFC Championship against the Indianapolis Colts.

Well the reason for Berman's decision is noteworthy. It's worth recognizing that Berman effectively recognized that Brady cheated. His decision was based upon two primary principles a) the punishment had not been established in the CBA prior to the offense, thus Goodell's suspension was arbitrary. In other words "yes Brady cheated but because there was no guidelines in place to deal with this issue specifically beforehand, Goodell just made up a punishment" and Berman contends that is not permitted. b) Since Goodell acted as the arbitrator for the appeal, despite language in the CBA giving him the authority to do so, Brady did not have access to an impartial arbitrator after the fact.

Essentially, Berman said "yeah he cheated, but there's nothing you can do about it because you didn't have sanctions identified and established before the offense". We will see what happens with the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals. I think Berman's ruling will be overturned, but judges have a habit of making up their own minds and doing whatever they want at that level.

I guess this means the cheatriots will have one less rule to break as they will be watched. They will, no doubt, come up w/ some other underhanded way to gain advantage. That IS what they are known for hence their name :up: the cheatriots

This Thursday, Tommy is going to be handing Pittsburgh their arses. :D It's a home game too. Can you imagine the sheer excitement when Tommy Boy takes the field??? I just WISH I could be there instead of watching it on TV. The excitement around here is just contagious! ;)

Well the reason for Berman's decision is noteworthy. It's worth recognizing that Berman effectively recognized that Brady cheated. His decision was based upon two primary principles a) the punishment had not been established in the CBA prior to the offense, thus Goodell's suspension was arbitrary. In other words "yes Brady cheated but because there was no guidelines in place to deal with this issue specifically beforehand, Goodell just made up a punishment" and Berman contends that is not permitted. b) Since Goodell acted as the arbitrator for the appeal, despite language in the CBA giving him the authority to do so, Brady did not have access to an impartial arbitrator after the fact.

Essentially, Berman said "yeah he cheated, but there's nothing you can do about it because you didn't have sanctions identified and established before the offense". We will see what happens with the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals. I think Berman's ruling will be overturned, but judges have a habit of making up their own minds and doing whatever they want at that level.

Essentially, no he did not say that. Not ONCE did the judge say anything of the sort. Now, I understand that you are upset because your team is going to have to face down Brady, but crying isn't going to help you. :)

Forum List

Back