Tolerance? Not for Christians...

A disorder would be a mutation, injury or disease that adversely affected the human's health or functioning. Homosexuality is like left-handedness, or eye color, or earlobe shape. It might not occur most of the time, but it t'aint maladaptive or dysfunctional.

A left hand is still a hand and functions as such just as a blue eye functions the same as a brown eye. A long nose still takes in air and blows out snott... Madeline, have you not noticed that men cannot have babies and women cannot have babies without a little help. ;)

Maybe the Bible is right after all...

Romans 1:22-28

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I can only imagine how insulting and belittling all of this "mental disorder" nonsense must seem to homosexuals...

I can only imagine how insulting and belittling all of this "mental disorder" nonsense must seem to homosexuals...

Is it true that a large portion of the muslim male population have sex with each other since the women are off limits or seen as 'unclean' and beneath you? From what I understand, that's been widely reported by troops stationed over in Afghanistan.

neurobiological is not the same as "mental".

You still insist homosexuality is a disorder, sheila?

Yes, I do. Sorry. It just not "normal". I am impressed to find that there is actually a physical difference in the brains of gays vs "normals". This does seem to indicate that it's not a choice. Still, we are learning more about the brain everyday.

And just so you don't feel real bad, I'm not "normal" either. :D

neurobiological is not the same as "mental".

Yes, I do. Sorry. It just not "normal". I am impressed to find that there is actually a physical difference in the brains of gays vs "normals". This does seem to indicate that it's not a choice. Still, we are learning more about the brain everyday.

The APA hasn't considered homosexuality a disorder for thirty five years.

So? I've always used my brain to think for myself. You don't have to agree with me, I don't have to agree with the APA, that's kind of how this country works, isn't it great?

So? I've always used my brain to think for myself. You don't have to agree with me, I don't have to agree with the APA, that's kind of how this country works, isn't it great?

Fine. You want to call me crazy, so be it.

:lol:, no Sky a neurobiological disorder doesn't make you crazy. Besides, I'm crazy so you can't be...so there! :tongue:

:lol:, no Sky a neurobiological disorder doesn't make you crazy. Besides, I'm crazy so you can't be...so there! :tongue:

I just look at it like being left handed. It used to be considered evil to be left dominant with you hand. The latin name for left is sinister.

I can use my right hand if I have to but it's awkward, unnatural to me.

That's what I think human sexuality is like. Homosexuality is like being left dominant in a right dominant culture.

Yeah, I agree, you are pretty crazy sheila,:cuckoo:

I just look at it like being left handed. It used to be considered evil to be left dominant with you hand. The latin name for left is sinister.

I can use my right hand if I have to but it's awkward, unnatural to me.

That's what I think human sexuality is like. Homosexuality is like being left dominant in a right dominant culture.

Yeah, I agree, you are pretty crazy sheila,:cuckoo:

Well, at least we agree on SOMETHING! :lol:

Yes, I was thinking of psychology. That's what a psychiatrist is, an MD with a degree in psychology. Look it up.
No. A psychiatrist is an MD with a degree in MEDICINE. Look it up (wikipedia)

As a person with two autistic children, I do know a bit about the DSM 4, it has changed several times since my kids were first diagnosed. Hence, it is constantly changing.
"bit" is the key word in the above quote. You don't understand what you're talking about. The DSM IV does not change, not does it change all the time as you suggested. Again, here is a quick wiki search that proves you wrong yet again. I'm sorry to hear about your children, but your experience with them in no way offers you insight into the medical world or research.

Now you can claim I'm an idiot all you want, but that doesn't make it so.
No, constantly saying incorrect things about the medical world makes it so. Congratulations.

I think, unless you are a psychologist, or a psychiatrist, I just might know a just a little more on the subject than you. I don't have a degree but with two special needs kids I've been doing a lot of studying over the past 20 years that most people don't. I have attended several seminars on the subject. The brain interests me greatly as you can probably guess. There is no cure for autism. I doubt there ever will be, though there may some day be a preventative. Adults with autism have smaller brain stems than "normal" adults. Again, a neurobiological disorder. This indicates to me, that while they may come up with a way to prevent it, I doubt they will ever come up with a cure, unless they can figure out a way to grow a brain stem in an adult. Interesting idea, but not likely to happen in mine or my children's lifetimes.
Look it's truly a great thing to hear a parent take that kind of interest in the medical issues of their children, really. But you're overstepping your knowledge here. A few seminars and books does not an expert make. I can understand that you feel you have a vested interest here, but please do not spread misconstrued ideas.

And if you don't think psychology is a soft science, talk to a psychologist. Again, a psychiatrist is an MD with a degree in psychology.
Again, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Yes, I was thinking of psychology. That's what a psychiatrist is, an MD with a degree in psychology. Look it up.
No. A psychiatrist is an MD with a degree in MEDICINE. Look it up (wikipedia)

As a person with two autistic children, I do know a bit about the DSM 4, it has changed several times since my kids were first diagnosed. Hence, it is constantly changing.
"bit" is the key word in the above quote. You don't understand what you're talking about. The DSM IV does not change, not does it change all the time as you suggested. Again, here is a quick wiki search that proves you wrong yet again. I'm sorry to hear about your children, but your experience with them in no way offers you insight into the medical world or research.

No, constantly saying incorrect things about the medical world makes it so. Congratulations.

I think, unless you are a psychologist, or a psychiatrist, I just might know a just a little more on the subject than you. I don't have a degree but with two special needs kids I've been doing a lot of studying over the past 20 years that most people don't. I have attended several seminars on the subject. The brain interests me greatly as you can probably guess. There is no cure for autism. I doubt there ever will be, though there may some day be a preventative. Adults with autism have smaller brain stems than "normal" adults. Again, a neurobiological disorder. This indicates to me, that while they may come up with a way to prevent it, I doubt they will ever come up with a cure, unless they can figure out a way to grow a brain stem in an adult. Interesting idea, but not likely to happen in mine or my children's lifetimes.
Look it's truly a great thing to hear a parent take that kind of interest in the medical issues of their children, really. But you're overstepping your knowledge here. A few seminars and books does not an expert make. I can understand that you feel you have a vested interest here, but please do not spread misconstrued ideas.

And if you don't think psychology is a soft science, talk to a psychologist. Again, a psychiatrist is an MD with a degree in psychology.
Again, you have no clue what you're talking about.

An MD IS a degree in medicine.......

Is it true that a large portion of the muslim male population have sex with each other since the women are off limits or seen as 'unclean' and beneath you? From what I understand, that's been widely reported by troops stationed over in Afghanistan.

No. Muslims must be heterosexual in accordance with the teachings of the Qur'an; a person who is willingly and remorselessly involved in any sort of homosexual relationship is not a Muslim. There is no mention in scripture or prophetic tradition of women being "unclean" or inferior to men in the eyes of God.

Some sort of bizarre phenomenon supposedly exists in northern Afghanistan that involves boys being dressed up as women and being forced to dance and perform sexual favors for men. It would be inaccurate to say that a large portion or even a significant portion of Afghan men involve themselves in that sort of perversity, and it certainly has no basis in Islam. It is probably the result of their practice of strict gender segregation, which goes far beyond the limits set by Islam when taken to such extremes. With no women around, some men have decided to look elsewhere for sexual gratification.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back