Moron Trivia. Why does it work?

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
I mentioned this a bit in the Super Bowl thread. Oh wait! Can I say Super Bowl? I don't want to be sued!

Anyway, for those who don't listen to the Glenn Beck program, Moron Trivia is a joke segment where the show calls 4 gas station attendants from each of two cities that are playing football that weekend (1 attendant per city per quarter). They then ask them ridiculously easy questions, have a good laugh at the ones that they miss (giving them hilariously false answers). At the end, they total up the scores, and the team that wins is the predicted winner of the football game.

Now, there is absolutely no relationship between intelligence of gas station attendance and football ability...or is there? The thing should be a coin toss. Since they're testing a non-indicator, their findings should in no way relate to the football game. However, they have averaged 75% accuracy, with some seasons as high as 87%. This...shouldn't...work. Anybody have any theories as to why it does, because it baffles the hell out of me.

Hobbit said:
I mentioned this a bit in the Super Bowl thread. Oh wait! Can I say Super Bowl? I don't want to be sued!

Anyway, for those who don't listen to the Glenn Beck program, Moron Trivia is a joke segment where the show calls 4 gas station attendants from each of two cities that are playing football that weekend (1 attendant per city per quarter). They then ask them ridiculously easy questions, have a good laugh at the ones that they miss (giving them hilariously false answers). At the end, they total up the scores, and the team that wins is the predicted winner of the football game.

Now, there is absolutely no relationship between intelligence of gas station attendance and football ability...or is there? The thing should be a coin toss. Since they're testing a non-indicator, their findings should in no way relate to the football game. However, they have averaged 75% accuracy, with some seasons as high as 87%. This...shouldn't...work. Anybody have any theories as to why it does, because it baffles the hell out of me.

i listen to it usually every friday. ITs pure coincidence. Nothing more.

Forum List

Back