Today's NFC West News...

Oakland will be getting a new coach and GM, I think Harbaugh is a candidate for that job.

Kap will probably be a 49er next season, a lot of money has been invested in him, to just cut or trade him now, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Trade? Would you trade a high draft pick for him, I wouldn't. Harbaugh reputation has been hurt by his trading Smith and keeping Kappy. With out a strong supporting cast Kaepernck would be another Johnny$$Manziel or a Tebow.

Comparing Kap to Tebow or Manziel? That isn't close, Kap could have had a future had he developed, he has stepped backward this year. I wouldn't trade for him but who knows with GMs.

I agree completely about the failure of the 9ers to develope Kaepernick.... That is if you believe it is the responsibility of the franchise to step in from the beginning to mold a young QB. In Seattle they brought in QBs that Wilson respected as mentors like HOF Warren Moon and others to school our little Russell Wilson in how to handle the preasure of competing at the top level in one of the most difficult player positions there is in proffesional sports.

I can't say I've heard THAT much as to how Kaepernick is getting mentored or who if anyone has been specifically assigned that job.

So much falls on the shoulders of a franchise QB that to me it is inconceivable that the management of a business such as a professional football team in the NFL wouldn't have a team of experienced ex players and coaches helping a stud athlete like Colin develope his skills.

Maybe Harbaugh..being a college QB himself ... thinks just being there as the coach of the team is enough. Gregg Roman is the Offensive Co-ordinator so maybe he participates in Kaepernick's developement. Seems like the OC has his hands full on the management of the whole offense to me.

Colin himself recognises ex 9er Alex Smith as a mentor...

"Fresh off signing a six-year extension worth up to $126 million, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was quick to recognize the people who'd helped him grow into one of the league's rising stars, including former teammate and current Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith."

But that was THEN and this is NOW and Kaepernick seems adrift in his developement at this time.

Oakland will be getting a new coach and GM, I think Harbaugh is a candidate for that job.

Kap will probably be a 49er next season, a lot of money has been invested in him, to just cut or trade him now, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Trade? Would you trade a high draft pick for him, I wouldn't. Harbaugh reputation has been hurt by his trading Smith and keeping Kappy. With out a strong supporting cast Kaepernck would be another Johnny$$Manziel or a Tebow.

Comparing Kap to Tebow or Manziel? That isn't close, Kap could have had a future had he developed, he has stepped backward this year. I wouldn't trade for him but who knows with GMs.

I agree completely about the failure of the 9ers to develope Kaepernick.... That is if you believe it is the responsibility of the franchise to step in from the beginning to mold a young QB. In Seattle they brought in QBs that Wilson respected as mentors like HOF Warren Moon and others to school our little Russell Wilson in how to handle the preasure of competing at the top level in one of the most difficult player positions there is in proffesional sports.

I can't say I've heard THAT much as to how Kaepernick is getting mentored or who if anyone has been specifically assigned that job.

So much falls on the shoulders of a franchise QB that to me it is inconceivable that the management of a business such as a professional football team in the NFL wouldn't have a team of experienced ex players and coaches helping a stud athlete like Colin develope his skills.

Maybe Harbaugh..being a college QB himself ... thinks just being there as the coach of the team is enough. Gregg Roman is the Offensive Co-ordinator so maybe he participates in Kaepernick's developement. Seems like the OC has his hands full on the management of the whole offense to me.

"Fresh off signing a six-year extension worth up to $126 million, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was quick to recognize the people who'd helped him grow into one of the league's rising stars, including former teammate and current Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith."

But that was THEN and this is NOW and Kaepernick seems adrift in his developement at this time.

yeah that was a big factor in wilsons development having people like Moon for a mentor and Harbaugh must be that arrogant that thinking just cause he was a former NFL quarterback that Kappy would be just fine but not having Smith there to help him out or any kind of veteran at all has hurt him.

you cant just have a head coach who was a former NFL quarterback to l learn from,you got have a personal tutor like wilson did with moon who is detached from the day to day operations from the team.

Sometimes a talented player just isn't a good fit in a system on on a team. In the case of one Percy Harvin nobody says that he isn't a talented football player. The Hawks HAD to trade him at the worst time imaginable and got nothing like he was paid or lost in the trade. Still the Hawks are a better team without him. AND now that makes Carroll and Schneider look like geniuses for going out on a limb to take the chance that getting rid of him at such a huge cost and that it would make the team a winner again.

Kaepernick could be traded in the off season when teams are all looking to fill their needs. He might very well be worth quite a lot to the right team. It's not like he hasn't had success. There are a lot of QBs playing right now that have done worse.

I believe that first the 9ers need to settle on their OC and HC path for next season and beyond. The new Head Coach and Offensive Co-ordinator's, if indeed they(Jimmy and Roman) are going to be replaced, may see value in Kaepernick and think he is a good fit for THEIR system. Then there is the opinion of the 9er's GM to consider. I haven't seen much to indicate the 9er's GM's position on his starting QB.
agreed that carrol and schneider are starting to look smart for trading harvin at the worst possible time in the season however it could very well bite them in the playoffs in the fact that they now have no reliable kickoff or punt returner.what the hell is up putting walters back there,a white boy? I cant ever recall in recent NFL history of a championship team having a white boy for a kick returner.:cuckoo:

He is worthless.He cant break tacklers like golden tate or harvin always did.He is no threat whatsoever.He always gets taken down the second he catches the ball because he is a white boy who has no speed incapable of escaping anybody when he catches the ball.:cuckoo:

I would think carrol would surely find somebody who isnt a white boy to take the kickoffs.richardson for example.the fastest guy not only on the team but maybe in the league and they dont even use him where he could really be a factor.:cuckoo:

The problem with the Tate/Harvin thing is Seattle knew Harvin was trouble from the get go and Tate was their go to guy on third down. So Seattle keeps Harvin instead of Tate? Bad, bad move.....But one thing about this, Seattle hasn't made very many bad moves in the last couple years..so I can forgive, but not forget.

Didn't Russell Wilson go to a Tony Romo's football camp and learn from him a few tricks of the trade. I think I remember Wilson talking about that in an interview.

Didn't Russell Wilson go to a Tony Romo's football camp and learn from him a few tricks of the trade. I think I remember Wilson talking about that in an interview.

I thought it was a Peyton Manning camp...anyway yes he has been seeking out the best mentors since he was very young and knew he had the tools and the mental toughness to be a professional athlete. He didn't know he would only grow to just under 5' 11''. Many guys don't reach their full height until they are around 20 years old.

I thought it was a Peyton Manning camp...anyway yes he has been seeking out the best mentors since he was very young and knew he had the tools and the mental toughness to be a professional athlete. He didn't know he would only grow to just under 5' 11''. Many guys don't reach their full height until they are around 20 years old.
yeah Im pretty sure thats correct that it was the peyton manning camp.I dont ever recall any tony romo camp,at leats not one involving wilson.

Now I think about it, you are right, it was Manning.

Forum List

Back