Today's flea market gun find

An Eibar "Liberty" Model 1924 pistol in .25 ACP. The predecessor to these was the Model 1914, and they were made in Spain. The Model 1914 was in 7.65x17mm (,32 ACP) and was exported to France for use in the military. This model is the commercial version made after WWI. It holds nine rounds of .25 ACP in the magazine. I figured out how to disassemble it, gave it a good cleaning and oiling, and test-fired it. It was pretty accurate for a .25 auto, staying within the black at 10 yards. I gave $70 for it. Any gun you can get for under $100 is a hell of a deal.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

eibar%20liberty2.jpg

eibar%20liberty3.jpg
/—-/ Any concern that an old gun like that with an unknown past could blow up when you fired it?

An Eibar "Liberty" Model 1924 pistol in .25 ACP. The predecessor to these was the Model 1914, and they were made in Spain. The Model 1914 was in 7.65x17mm (,32 ACP) and was exported to France for use in the military. This model is the commercial version made after WWI. It holds nine rounds of .25 ACP in the magazine. I figured out how to disassemble it, gave it a good cleaning and oiling, and test-fired it. It was pretty accurate for a .25 auto, staying within the black at 10 yards. I gave $70 for it. Any gun you can get for under $100 is a hell of a deal.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

eibar%20liberty2.jpg

eibar%20liberty3.jpg
/—-/ Any concern that an old gun like that with an unknown past could blow up when you fired it?

Not at all. I do much of the repair I need to my own firearms, so I pretty much know if one is unsafe. I've even shot 1840's black powder muzzle loading rifles.

Forum List

Back