Today's flea market gun find

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
An Eibar "Liberty" Model 1924 pistol in .25 ACP. The predecessor to these was the Model 1914, and they were made in Spain. The Model 1914 was in 7.65x17mm (,32 ACP) and was exported to France for use in the military. This model is the commercial version made after WWI. It holds nine rounds of .25 ACP in the magazine. I figured out how to disassemble it, gave it a good cleaning and oiling, and test-fired it. It was pretty accurate for a .25 auto, staying within the black at 10 yards. I gave $70 for it. Any gun you can get for under $100 is a hell of a deal.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

eibar%20liberty2.jpg

eibar%20liberty3.jpg

An Eibar "Liberty" Model 1924 pistol in .25 ACP. The predecessor to these was the Model 1914, and they were made in Spain. The Model 1914 was in 7.65x17mm (,32 ACP) and was exported to France for use in the military. This model is the commercial version made after WWI. It holds nine rounds of .25 ACP in the magazine. I figured out how to disassemble it, gave it a good cleaning and oiling, and test-fired it. It was pretty accurate for a .25 auto, staying within the black at 10 yards. I gave $70 for it. Any gun you can get for under $100 is a hell of a deal.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

eibar%20liberty2.jpg

eibar%20liberty3.jpg
Nice little CCW.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

eibar%20liberty2.jpg

eibar%20liberty3.jpg
Nice little CCW.

Probably would make a decent backup gun for an ankle holster, although I'm not sure I'd like to carry anything less that a .380.

If you shoot someone with that, it's liable to piss them off.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

eibar%20liberty2.jpg

eibar%20liberty3.jpg
Nice little CCW.

Probably would make a decent backup gun for an ankle holster, although I'm not sure I'd like to carry anything less that a .380.
I agree but that little 25 will drop you with a well placed shot.

Of course, in "From Russia With Love', James Bond carried a Walther LP53 ... a freakin' BB Gun...

collecting_auction_walther_air_pistol_from_russia_with_love.jpg

It was all he needed.

eibar%20liberty1.jpg

eibar%20liberty2.jpg

eibar%20liberty3.jpg

>>>

flashbang-bra-holster-the-original-holsters-on-body-holsters-gungoddesscom.jpg

~S~

If you shoot someone with that it's liable to piss them off.

I sorta knew that. The ballistics of .25 ACP are pretty crappy.
Just for shits and giggles, I just shot a piece of 1-1/2" pine point blank, but at an angle so it wouldn't ricochet back at me. It just knocked a 3/8" chunk out of it. This is better suited for scaring argumentative chipmunks or marauding mice.

eibar%20liberty4.jpg

eibar%20liberty5.jpg

Last edited:
Of course, in "From Russia With Love', James Bond carried a Walther LP53 ... a freakin' BB Gun...

collecting_auction_walther_air_pistol_from_russia_with_love.jpg

It was all he needed.

Probably overkill. I heard John Wick did in several Russians with a pencil.

:laughing0301:

The same 1-1/2" pine shot with a 124 grain HP 9mm round through a Ruger P89: Went clean through it.

Entrance wound...

eibar%20liberty6.jpg

Exit wound...

eibar%20liberty7.jpg

Just for shits and giggles, I just shot a piece of 1-1/2" pine point blank, but at an angle so it wouldn't ricochet back at me. It just knocked a 3/8" chunk out of it. This is better suited for scaring argumentative chipmunks or marauding mice.

eibar%20liberty4.jpg

eibar%20liberty5.jpg

What's that green thing?

eibar%20liberty4.jpg

eibar%20liberty5.jpg

What's that green thing?

That's a 1946 Aladdin "Blue Flame" kerosene heater. Takes the edge off the cold in the garage.

eibar%20liberty8.jpg

Garter holsters are scary. Last thing you want to do is rip open a femoral artery in the leg, then you bleed out in a couple minutes. Hope she carries a tourniquet in her purse.

Last edited:

I recently sold one and bought one at the last gun show. Sold a Uberti, Cimarron Arms, Winchester Trapper rifle replica in .45LC, and bought a Remington 700, black composite stock, brushed silver barrel with muzzle brake in 300 Win Mag. Has Leupold brushed silver scope mounts on it. Didn't come with a scope but I mounted a little Bushnel 3-9 scope on it for now. Going to put a Leupold 4-12x40 with trimple MOA sights on it. Haven't shot it yet but interested to see how bad a 300 WM bucks.

Last edited:

I recently sold one and bought one at the last gun show. Sold a Uberti, Cimarron Arms, Winchester Trapper .45LC replica, and bought a Remington 700, black composite stock, brushed silver barrel with muzzle brake in 300 Win Mag. Has Leupold brushed silver scope mounts on it. Didn't come with a scope but I mounted a little Bushnel 3-9 scope on it for now. Going to put a Leupold 4-12x40 with trimple MOA sights on it. Haven't shot it yet but interested to see how bad a 300 WM bucks.

300WM is a good elk gun for out west. I have a Uberti-made and marketed by Iver Johnson New Cattleman Magum in .44 mag with a 7" barrel. That's the one I use for working up .44 mag handloads, but the screws tend to work loose at high-end loads.

uberti1.jpg

I recently sold one and bought one at the last gun show. Sold a Uberti, Cimarron Arms, Winchester Trapper .45LC replica, and bought a Remington 700, black composite stock, brushed silver barrel with muzzle brake in 300 Win Mag. Has Leupold brushed silver scope mounts on it. Didn't come with a scope but I mounted a little Bushnel 3-9 scope on it for now. Going to put a Leupold 4-12x40 with trimple MOA sights on it. Haven't shot it yet but interested to see how bad a 300 WM bucks.

300WM is a good elk gun for out west. I have a Uberti-made and marketed by Iver Johnson New Cattleman Magum in .44 mag with a 7" barrel. That's the one I use for working up .44 mag handloads, but the screws tend to work loose at high-end loads.

uberti1.jpg
Yeah the 300 WM is also a favorite of military snipers. You can lay a round down range 1,000 yards with a high degree of accuracy.

I have a Taurus Raging Bull in .44 Mag, and a Ruger Birds Head revolver in .45LC, Doc Holiday pistol.

uberti1.jpg
Yeah the 300 WM is also a favorite of military snipers.

I have a Taurus Raging Bull in .44 Mag, and a Ruger Birds Head revolver in .45LC, Doc Holiday pistol.

Guns are good. Can't have too many of them.

Forum List

Back