Today in History: The Slocum, TX Massacre of 1910

I thought your response was amusing to be honest. Seems like you are butthurt over the thread.
You might find this shocking but message board threads and where they are posted aren't a big concern of mine.
I do find your lie to be shocking. Of course this thread was of interest. You posted something in it trying to take away from the OP. Its obvious it causes you emotional trauma. My question is why? You didnt take part in this so why are you butt hurt?
Sparky you need to let some air out of your ego there are many times I click on and respond to threads simply out boredom. What I am sensing is you are someone who seems to have serious need for attention and validation might I suggest you get over yourself.
You dont sound very convincing. Stop trying to make me think you dont care when its obvious you desperately do. Since I posted the thread and you tried to change the focus you are the one that seems to be in search of validation and attention. Start your own thread about you if you are feeling insecure.
Funny given you keep responding if you weren't looking for attention and validation you would have simply ignored my original post. I will admit that since then I have been enabling your condition by continuing to respond to you so to help you fight your condition this will be my final response. I can only wonder will you have the strength not to respond or will your need be to great even knowing I'm gone.
Actually its funny you keep responding. Its normal for me to respond since its my thread. Sorry but you havent convinced me you dont care. :laugh:

This isn't the only race riot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma had one in 1921.

The Tulsa Race Riot - Tulsa Historical Society MuseumTulsa Historical Society Museum

It was just what was done back then. Most whites were very intolerant of blacks.
From the Commission Report linked to from your link...

From my Mem ories of early oral his to ries of blue suits and Klan sheets “I teach U.S. His tory and those de ci sions that brought us to the riot,” Sey mour Wil liams my high school his tory pro fes sor said to me 45 years ago. He and W.D. Wil liams (no re la tions) for many years tu tored me on their ex pe ri ence and prod ded oth ers of their gen er a tion to tell me the story. “The riot is n’t known much by young teach ers. Many were born af ter the riot and it was banned by book pub lish ers, as much as U.S. his tory about blacks and slav ery. I could teach a course on just what has been left out of his tory.” Why the si lence in our com mu nity? The old man then in tro duced this stu dent to his as sess ment. “Blacks lost ev ery thing. They were afraid it could hap pen again and there was no way to tell the story. The two Ne gro news pa pers were bombed. With the un kept prom ises, they were too busy just try ing to make it.” He added, There were a lot of big shot rednecks at that court house who ran the city and still do. Sinclair Oil Com pany owned one of the air planes used to drop fire bombs on peo ple and build ings.” Po lite white peo ple want to ex cuse what hap pen as be ing caused by trou ble-making blacks and white trash ruf fi ans. “Nope,” he said, not ing that blacks did not like to talk about the riot. “The kill ers were still run ning loose and they’re wear ing blue suits as well as Klan sheets.” Dur ing that time, whites seek ing op por tu nity could not cir cu late among the rich and pow er ful with out Klan cre den tials. “Hell, Rob ert Hud son, the law yer as signed to Rowland was a char ter mem ber of the Klan. In the af ter math of the riot, where could Ne groes find jus tice?” He fur ther noted, “Lot of peo ple were killed. Many, many Ne groes.” I only viv idly re mem ber the sto ries of Pro fes sor and Mr. W.D. The other 300 or more voices have blended in to one es say. Still I hold all their col lec tive an ger, fear, and hope.

Tulsa race riot - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The riot occurred in the racially and politically tense atmosphere of post-World War I northeastern Oklahoma. The territory, which was declared a state on November 16, 1907, had received many settlers from the South who had been slaveholders before the American Civil War. In the early 20th century, lynchings were common in Oklahoma, as part of a continuing effort by whites to assert and maintain white supremacy. Between the declaration of statehood and the Tulsa race riot 13 years later, 31 persons were lynched in Oklahoma; 26 were black and nearly all were men and boys. During the twenty years following the riot, the number of lynchings statewide fell to two.[5]

The newly created state legislature passedracial segregation laws, commonly known as Jim Crow laws, as one of its first orders of business. Its 1907 constitution and laws had voter registration rules thatdisfranchised most blacks; this also barred them from serving on juries or in local office, a situation that lasted until the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965, part ofcivil rights legislation passed by the U.S. Congress. Major cities passed their own restrictions.[2]
Politics of Oklahoma - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The state has a history ofDemocratic dominance. Oklahoma came into being as a state at the height of the era of Jim Crow Laws and had a large Ku Klux Klan presence in the 1920s. Race politics gave way to Democratic political infighting over the New Deal in the 1930s and 1940s and the gradual growth of the Oklahoma Republican Party's power. Today, Oklahoma's federal representation and statewide offices are all held by theRepublican Party, which also holds supermajorities in both chambers of the state Legislature.

Apparently, the Democrats were in charge.

This isn't the only race riot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma had one in 1921.

The Tulsa Race Riot - Tulsa Historical Society MuseumTulsa Historical Society Museum

It was just what was done back then. Most whites were very intolerant of blacks.
I think its a disservice to call it a "race riot". Lets call it what it really is which is a racial cleansing by whites insecure over Black prosperity.

It was a race riot.

Tell me. What do you call it when blacks riot, destroy and kill when whites do something they take umbrage to??

Slocum, Texas wasn't the only black town. There were other prosperous black townships that were attacked by whites. As stated before, that was history. We can only ensure that history doesn't repeat itself and we get along.

Slocum, Texas wasn't the only black town. There were other prosperous black townships that were attacked by whites. As stated before, that was history. We can only ensure that history doesn't repeat itself and we get along.

WHY were they attacked?

Driving while black?

Robbing while black?

Raping while black?

Everytime Black people built something, jealous whites destroyed it. This stuff is never mentioned in the news or your American history books but it is important to remember the psychology of those that did the deed.

Jul. 29 1910 Slocum Massacre in Texas Zinn Education Project

I read your link. Funny thing how it glosses over the reason WHY it happened, huh?
If you have been following the narrative you shouldn't have to ask that question. I've seen references ranging from the white killers being jealous over black prosperity to simple land /property grabbing to rumors of blacks preparing for violence against the white community. Just any old excuse was sufficient. Here is the real reason:

A BLACK TEXAN BEAT THE GREAT WHITE HOPE ON 4 JULY 1910 in Reno, NV FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING TITLE! There is no coincidence that the Slocum massacre also occurred in the same month and year . Just 25 days after Jack Johnson beat The Great White Hope.

Johnson had already become the 1st Black world heavyweight champion by beating Tommy Burns 2 years earlier. But Jefferies was an undefeated champion who came out of retirement to take back that
Championship belt. He was the Great White Hope but Johnson owned him and kicked his ass relentlessly. Angry white males took umbrage with that and the racial pogroms began.

WHY were they attacked?

Driving while black?

Robbing while black?

Raping while black?
None of the above. The Slocum affair was likely a reaction to blacks rejoicing over Jack Johnson beating up on The Great White Hope. Ironically, Johnson was a fellow Texan... and some back Texans caught hell for it!

serveimage

4 July 1910

What we learned today.......more blacks killed by other blacks so far this year in Chicago then killed by whites in Slocum in 1910.

324,000 blacks killed by other blacks in the past 35 years.

324 000 U.S. Blacks Killed by Blacks In Only 35 Years American Free Press

How many whites killed whites during the same period?
Probably just about the same total, but seeing there are six times as many whites as blacks, blacks are 6 times over represented.
In other words, a black man is 6 times as likely to kill another black man as a white man is to kill a white man. Ya feel me, bro?

What we learned today.......more blacks killed by other blacks so far this year in Chicago then killed by whites in Slocum in 1910.

324,000 blacks killed by other blacks in the past 35 years.

324 000 U.S. Blacks Killed by Blacks In Only 35 Years American Free Press

How many whites killed whites during the same period?
Probably just about the same total, but seeing there are six times as many whites as blacks, blacks are 6 times over represented.
In other words, a black man is 6 times as likely to kill another black man as a white man is to kill a white man. Ya feel me, bro?
I am not your bro and no I don't feel you! What you said just doesnt make any sense at all to a thinking man. Blacks who have no disposition or inclination to kill can't possibly be 6 times more likely to kill another Blacks as a white man is to kill another white person. Their chance of killing another person of any race is 0.

Now , if you break it down. Black gang members are 100+ times more likely to kill another Black person than the non black Christian.
Those proportions apply to the white side as well.
Your statistics are skewed because you use them to attempt to measure the entire Black community as a whole when actually subgroups are the killers.. A more realistic assessment would be a proportional comparison between White motor cycle gangs and the bloods or the crypts (crips).

Almost as bad as a recent typical Chicago day.

The frightening thing is that you can't see the difference between Black Christians being victimized by angry white male killers and gang warfare.
So 'black lives matter' isn't an absolute?
Have you ever seen me post the phrase "Black lives matter?"
Well, you do post a lot of drivel, like the Nigerian father of the internet.:)

Forum List

Back