Today in History: The Slocum, TX Massacre of 1910

Everytime Black people built something, jealous whites destroyed it. This stuff is never mentioned in the news or your American history books but it is important to remember the psychology of those that did the deed.

Jul. 29 1910 Slocum Massacre in Texas Zinn Education Project

There is a lot of history that hopefully will now be taught since the old white christians are losing power and dying off

Rosewood Massacre 1923 The Black Past Remembered and Reclaimed

Everytime Black people built something, jealous whites destroyed it. This stuff is never mentioned in the news or your American history books but it is important to remember the psychology of those that did the deed.

There is a lot of history that hopefully will now be taught since the old white christians are losing power and dying off

I make it a point to educate everyone I know about events like this. I keep finding new ones all the time. The history has been hidden on purpose. You start looking at all of the attempted genocides in this country and it starts painting a very different picture than what they teach us in school or commemorate in the media.

Except we aren't.

We will continue to be the largest single ethnic group in this country for the foreseeable future.

And you want to dismiss us?

THat's not going to go well.

But the deaths of 8 people in Slocum TX 105 years (less one day) ago is a current event...
The figure is more like 200 from the accounts of the survivors. The "8" is an official guesstimation based on (you guessed it) what whites from that town say.

Last edited:

I make it a point to educate everyone I know about events like this. I keep finding new ones all the time. The history has been hidden on purpose. You start looking at all of the attempted genocides in this country and it starts painting a very different picture than what they teach us in school or commemorate in the media.

:desk:......what else happened yesteryear today, teach?

That would be off topic and in the wrong forum.

That would be off topic and in the wrong forum.

:haha:

What we learned today.......more blacks killed by other blacks so far this year in Chicago then killed by whites in Slocum in 1910.

Forum List

Back