Toast

Do you think Antonin Scalia is uneducated? What about Eugene Volokh? Was William F Buckley uneducated?
Does your question have fuck all to do with any of what I wrote? No.

We're still trying to figure out what you meant. That's the problem. You're all over the place then get upset when you're called on it. For example, above we're discussing SC judges and you start throwing names of people who aren't judges! :eusa_eh:

The claim was that education makes people liberal. That is obviously false.

My question to you is pretty simple. Maybe you can answer it. Or get an adult to help:
What is Obama's message in this election?

Save the middle class. Given universal health insurance and a realistic look at the deficit, it's a whole lot better than Mitt saying, "give me another tax break and things will be better..., eventually". :cool:

Why not tell us the actual questions, so we can decide for ourselves if they were leading? Putting your own SPIN on the poll doesn't get you any points.

I'll just tell you this; they were so loaded in both directions, against left and right, that they could only be bought into by zombies. Furthermore, they asked questions regarding my opinion of candidates in the wrong congressional district, which I told the person, but did my best with anyway.

Points? I'm not trying to win any points; that was not the purpose of my post, but it tells us something about you.

True, it tells you I hate posts that tell us one thing, but as an example we get something you made up. If your complaint is valid, there would have been no need to create your own question to bolster your point, IMO.

Actually Konrad, the questions went on for about a half an hour and there were many many of them in various permutations. I wouldn't later attempt to accurately quote any one of them, and I was offended by them from both political points of view. My mentioning it was that polls, at least represented by the one I submitted to, can actually yield contra-indicative results.

Last edited:
I'll just tell you this; they were so loaded in both directions, against left and right, that they could only be bought into by zombies. Furthermore, they asked questions regarding my opinion of candidates in the wrong congressional district, which I told the person, but did my best with anyway.

Points? I'm not trying to win any points; that was not the purpose of my post, but it tells us something about you.

True, it tells you I hate posts that tell us one thing, but as an example we get something you made up. If your complaint is valid, there would have been no need to create your own question to bolster your point, IMO.

Actually Konrad, the questions went on for about a half an hour and there were many many of them in various permutations. I wouldn't later attempt to accurately quote any one of them, and I was offended by them from both political points of view. My mentioning it was that polls, at least represented by the one I submitted to, can actually yield contra-indicative results.

It is true that many "polls" are merely attempts to create the numbers desired. It sounds like you got involved in one. That has happened to me before. You can usually tell after the first couple of questions and I typically hang up at that point.

For all the talk about a close election, it aint gonna happen. We are looking at a landslide ala 1980. Romney has all the advantages here. Obama is sucking wind. While the polls look close I suspect a lot of people who say they support Obama do so because they dont want t be perceived as racist.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.

Romney has a 20-point advantage among white voters. Obama is supported by 91% of black voters and 57% of other minority voters.

In his weekly newspaper column, Scott Rasmussen concludes that for Obama to win, “he will need to improve his own job approval rating between now and Election Day. For that to happen, perceptions of the economy will have to reverse their current downward trend.”
With the economy headed towards another recession that wont happen.

For those who doubt it, polls for Walker's recount showed a dead heat right up until actual results, when he won big.

this is what happens folks when you combine meth with crack.

Rasmussens latest are out. 47/44 Romney with 4 per cent undecided. If you go along with Dick Morris's assumption that the undecideds swing to the challenger instead of the incumbent, thats a 51/44 Romney win. Too large for Obama and the Democrats to steal. If this holds until election day, the Head Of The Chicago Communist School will be a private citizen again. Thank God. Maybe he'll use the time off to get a testicle transplant from either Michelle or Valerie. Then two of them will each have one ball to play with afterwards.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

We're still trying to figure out what you meant. That's the problem. You're all over the place then get upset when you're called on it. For example, above we're discussing SC judges and you start throwing names of people who aren't judges! :eusa_eh:

My question to you is pretty simple. Maybe you can answer it. Or get an adult to help:

Save the middle class. Given universal health insurance and a realistic look at the deficit, it's a whole lot better than Mitt saying, "give me another tax break and things will be better..., eventually". :cool:

Since the middle class has suffered the most under Obama in the last 3years that doesn't really sound like it's going to gain much traction. The middle class generally prefers employment, opportunities, and options to becoming wards of the state.
Romney's message is he will restore the limited role of government, allow businesses to make decisions about their own business, and bring back some idea of initiative and responsibility.
If you want free stuff, vote for the other guy.

For all the talk about a close election, it aint gonna happen. We are looking at a landslide ala 1980. Romney has all the advantages here. Obama is sucking wind. While the polls look close I suspect a lot of people who say they support Obama do so because they dont want t be perceived as racist.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.

Romney has a 20-point advantage among white voters. Obama is supported by 91% of black voters and 57% of other minority voters.

In his weekly newspaper column, Scott Rasmussen concludes that for Obama to win, “he will need to improve his own job approval rating between now and Election Day. For that to happen, perceptions of the economy will have to reverse their current downward trend.”

For those who doubt it, polls for Walker's recount showed a dead heat right up until actual results, when he won big.

The voice of experience, I am sure.

Since the middle class has suffered the most under Obama in the last 3years that doesn't really sound like it's going to gain much traction. The middle class generally prefers employment, opportunities, and options to becoming wards of the state.
Romney's message is he will restore the limited role of government, allow businesses to make decisions about their own business, and bring back some idea of initiative and responsibility.
If you want free stuff, vote for the other guy.

The problem is that Mitt hasn't presented a plan that proves he could do any better. The Republicans only plan seems to be "don't tax the job creators". We haven't. Where are the jobs? :dunno:

..and white hooded costumes.

Of course Rabbi thinks Obama will lose. After all, he's adamant in his belief that black people are incapable of leading.

[You're right. Ain't gonna happen. Latest NYT/CBS/Quinnipiac propaganda poll dissembled. Lies as big as Julia or Lieawatha]

"I found the internals of the poll together with a full set of the results online, which you can view here in PDF. According to the poll:

In Florida Democrats outnumber Republicans 36 to 27 = D+9, and these people polled voted in the last election for Mr. Obama by 53 to 40 = D + 13.

Actual result in 2008: 51.2% to 47.2%, Obama winning + 4.

Elected Republican senator in 2010.

In Ohio, Democrats outnumber Republicans 35 to 27 = D+8, and these people polled voted in the last election for Mr. Obama by 53 to 38 = D + 15.

Actual result in 2008: 50.9% to 48.4%, Obama winning +2.5.

Elected Republican senator in 2010.

In Pennsylvania, Democrats outnumber Republicans 38 to 32 = D+6, and these people polled voted in the last election for Mr. Obama by 54 to 40 = D + 14.

Actual result in 2008: 54.7% to 44.3%, Obama winning + 10.4.

Elected Republican senator in 2010."

About that CBS/NYT/Quinippiac poll | Power Line

Care to wager sig lines since you're not in doubt?

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to "All hail President Romney, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there until 12/31/13.

If President Obama wins, you change your sig line to "All hail President Obama, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there only until 1/1/13

Font size =3, blue font face in bold. Arial font.

You really ARE as confident as you just stated you are, aren't you?

You'll notice that he'll ignore this to the end of time. They all do. They all talk big but literally have no spine when it comes time to put up or shut up. I found one (see sig) to wager and I'm pretty sure he'll try to weasel out.

They are all big mouthed, no substance with no courage to stand up for what they believe in. And all your asking for is a sig bet, that's childs play.

Actually, Tea Party Samurai took me up on it which is why I'm giving him my sig line until 12/31/13 but only demanding 1/1/13 for his.

Care to wager sig lines since you're not in doubt?

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to "All hail President Romney, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there until 12/31/13.

If President Obama wins, you change your sig line to "All hail President Obama, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there only until 1/1/13

Font size =3, blue font face in bold. Arial font.

You really ARE as confident as you just stated you are, aren't you?

You'll notice that he'll ignore this to the end of time. They all do. They all talk big but literally have no spine when it comes time to put up or shut up. I found one (see sig) to wager and I'm pretty sure he'll try to weasel out.

They are all big mouthed, no substance with no courage to stand up for what they believe in. And all your asking for is a sig bet, that's childs play.

I ignore it because I left high school a long time ago. You obviously never got there.

You ignore it because you're a grade a pussy.

Whoever wins will be the next president. Anyone who thinks it will make much of a difference either way, has not been paying attention.

True that on the fiscal side. There isn't much the POTUS can do.

Which is why I think you get more mileage out of electing someone who shares your values more than "Ooooh, I like his idea to reduce taxes" or "Oooh, his views on medicare are great."

The next POTUS may get to appoint Supreme Court 3 judges who will turn 80 during the next 4 years. Your expectance of privacy, Roe, voter ID laws, gun control measures....it could all be decided by justices who could conceiveably occupy their seats for an entire generation.

Quite true. A significant issue. Of course, those appointees also have to be confirmed by the Senate and I doubt we are going to see a true majority of either party there. So no judge is going to make it who is too far to either the right or the left.

I'll disagree on that; When Obama wins this fall it will be because he painted the GOP as the obstructionist party it is and the plurality of voters agreed with him. GOP obstructionism will play right into Obama's hands if he gets the chance to make an appointment. If it happens late enough in his 2nd term, it could wound their already fractured party for 2016.

I do hope you are right.

However I give Obama a better then even chance.. People do not want to know about the fiscal train wreck about to occur. Articles have already been written that SS when broke can still pay 75% of its obligations.

Anybody get the number to the free phone site?

Food stamps at 50k of income buys a lot of votes.

The problem for the right.

Romney hasn't articulated how things would be any different under him.

At this point
Anything But Obama

will work

Really? What's Mitt's plan for putting people back to work? That's where Obama is most vulnerable, but Romney hasn't told us what his plan is. Given a blank, America will go with the devil they know.

I'm certain whatever it is it doesn't involve blocking American energy companies from drilling for Oil, or telling our own companies that if they build a new fossil fueled Power Plant that the Government is going to Bankrupt them... You know, little things that hurt jobs like that.

History has shown that in presidential candidates the ones from the upper tier of income do not get elected.

Last edited:
At this point
Anything But Obama

will work

Really? What's Mitt's plan for putting people back to work? That's where Obama is most vulnerable, but Romney hasn't told us what his plan is. Given a blank, America will go with the devil they know.

I'm certain whatever it is it doesn't involve blocking American energy companies from drilling for Oil, or telling our own companies that if they build a new fossil fueled Power Plant that the Government is going to Bankrupt them... You know, little things that hurt jobs like that.

Natural Gas is a fossile fuel and is better for producing energy. That is the direction the Energy Dept. is taking. If the electric producers are going to take tax monies for family owned monopolies they must play by the govt. rules, and therules now are less pollutants and less environmental destruction caused by coal mining. Entire mountains are being leveled to produce electric with coal. The production of gas is a byproduct of oil production. it is easier on the environment and pollutes less.

Last edited:
Romney is no reagan, he lacks the ability to associate with the common man like Reagan was able to.
Reagan grew up poor and knew what is was like to be spurred on through the motivational speeches from FDR that he admired.

Romney is no reagan, he lacks the ability to associate with the common man like Reagan was able to.
Reagan grew up poor and knew what is was like to be spurred on through the motivational speeches from FDR that he admired.

In his latest ad, Governor Romney talked about being "unsure if you're going to be able to make ends meet." That sound you heard was everybody that saw the add rolling their eyes. Yeah, the only time he worried about making ends meet was when he was trying to line up his yatchs to reach around the world.

A stupid thread this is.

This is going to be nothing like 1980 except in the minds of retarded people who need to believe that Obama is the black Jimmy Carter.

Meanwhile, this is going to be a base election like in 2004.

The OP said that the Walker recall was neck and neck going into election day, but that is not true. Scott Walker held an RCP average of 50.4% to his opponent's 46.6%.

At this moment, the President leads in CO, WI, IO, VA, MI and has slim leads in OH and FL.

At the moment, Romney has small leads in NC and IN.

Sorry, but that's not enough to persuade me that Romney will somehow win big.

Obama has outspent Romney to this point, and the spending has worked to characterize Romney as being an out of touch sort who has gotten the best breaks in the world but who has not invested in America.

The whole point of Romney's campaign is, "I'm a huge success, but what's holding me back from investing in my country is high taxes", except we know he only paid 13.9% in the only year he has revealed, probably because he paid even less in the years before.

So, given an even smaller tax burden, people like him still don't invest, even though unions have been busted and most new jobs don't come with health care benefits.

Romney and his types have gotten everything they wanted, but they are asking for more and more, with the promise that they'll shower us all with wealth, jobs and prosperity. But then they get elected and they try to tell my gf what to do with her body.

I'm a Republican who will be supporting the President this fall because he is a fair and moderate man, and because I fear the neo-cons and the teabaggers taking control and running us right back into the ditch. My party used to be great, but now it's filled with fucking morons, Birchers, birthers, flat-earthers, climate change deniers, racists, and people who think that if we just keep redistributing all of the nation's wealth into Mitt Romney's Swiss bank account, that somehow that will be good for us.

Once the first debate comes, this election will become about contrasting leadership styles: a strong, decisive President Obama who took out Bin Laden, and a weak, wimpy, wishy-washy, flippiddy-floppiddy Mitt Romney, who is the biggest fucking pander bear there is, even more than Al Gore and John Kerry combined (he's straight out of that prototype, and that type never wins general elections).

The other reason I support the President is because Mitt Romney wishes to enact the same failed policies that Europe enacted last year, which has now sent them into a double-dip recession.

Republicans used to be weary of European policies, but now they advocate for the exact same measures that David Cameron and Angela Merkel passed, and look how it worked out for them.

My Republican friends should be ashamed of themselves. It's our duty as Americans to put our country first, not our dogmatic allegiance to a party that no longer reflects common sense values.

The neo-cons and the baggers wish to pass another $5 trillion in tax cuts for the Mitt Romneys of the world, and they desperately want to get us in another forever war, this time with Iran.

A good Republican puts country ahead of party, and I can't support any party that wants to do that shit, especially by a pack of ass-clowns like the neo-cons, who use emotion instead of planning when it comes to waging war.

I'll stick with Obama, thanks.

Forum List

Back