Toast

Care to wager sig lines since you're not in doubt?

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to "All hail President Romney, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there until 12/31/13.

If President Obama wins, you change your sig line to "All hail President Obama, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there only until 1/1/13

Font size =3, blue font face in bold. Arial font.

You really ARE as confident as you just stated you are, aren't you?

You'll notice that he'll ignore this to the end of time. They all do. They all talk big but literally have no spine when it comes time to put up or shut up. I found one (see sig) to wager and I'm pretty sure he'll try to weasel out.

They are all big mouthed, no substance with no courage to stand up for what they believe in. And all your asking for is a sig bet, that's childs play.

I ignore it because I left high school a long time ago. You obviously never got there.

I'll take "Things cowards Say" for $200 Alex.

Last night I was asked to, and did, participate in a telephone poll for the presidential race as well as the congressional and senatorial races here. The questions were so loaded that I wasn't able to tell how I should answer to give an actual opinion; questions a lot like "would you still vote for Romney if you knew that he still beat his wife."

It was definitely being done to score opinions and take into accouunt that I (or anyone else) was or wasn't a likely voter in November. I'm pretty sure that info they got from me was not representative of my opinion, but more representative of the poll's author.

As I told the person on the phone, they were the type of questions that would cause me to throw the whole thing in the trash if it came in the mail.

Democrats appoint liberal judges. Republicans appoint centrist judges who turn liberal.

So, what you are saying is that the more educated someone becomes in the law the more liberal they become. Something to consider, certainly.

I se your reading skills are poor. This marks you as having sub optimal intelligence.

Then what were you saying? It's not enough to just say we got it wrong. It makes it appear that you don't know either! :eusa_eh:

Last night I was asked to, and did, participate in a telephone poll for the presidential race as well as the congressional and senatorial races here. The questions were so loaded that I wasn't able to tell how I should answer to give an actual opinion; questions a lot like "would you still vote for Romney if you knew that he still beat his wife."

It was definitely being done to score opinions and take into accouunt that I (or anyone else) was or wasn't a likely voter in November. I'm pretty sure that info they got from me was not representative of my opinion, but more representative of the poll's author.

As I told the person on the phone, they were the type of questions that would cause me to throw the whole thing in the trash if it came in the mail.

Why not tell us the actual questions, so we can decide for ourselves if they were leading? Putting your own SPIN on the poll doesn't get you any points.

Why not tell us the actual questions, so we can decide for ourselves if they were leading? Putting your own SPIN on the poll doesn't get you any points.

I'll just tell you this; they were so loaded in both directions, against left and right, that they could only be bought into by zombies. Furthermore, they asked questions regarding my opinion of candidates in the wrong congressional district, which I told the person, but did my best with anyway.

Points? I'm not trying to win any points; that was not the purpose of my post, but it tells us something about you.

I'll just tell you this; they were so loaded in both directions, against left and right, that they could only be bought into by zombies. Furthermore, they asked questions regarding my opinion of candidates in the wrong congressional district, which I told the person, but did my best with anyway.

Points? I'm not trying to win any points; that was not the purpose of my post, but it tells us something about you.

True, it tells you I hate posts that tell us one thing, but as an example we get something you made up. If your complaint is valid, there would have been no need to create your own question to bolster your point, IMO.

Democrats appoint liberal judges. Republicans appoint centrist judges who turn liberal.

So, what you are saying is that the more educated someone becomes in the law the more liberal they become. Something to consider, certainly.

I se your reading skills are poor. This marks you as having sub optimal intelligence.

Or you simply can't recognize your own lack of writing skills. For example, if you don't know that suboptimal is one word, you should probably avoid using it in a sentence.

Now, do please explain why a SC judge (who, by definition is someone highly educated in the law) would "turn liberal" if not because of that education. You are, after all, the one who wrote that. Help out those of us with poor reading skills.

Last edited:
I like jam on my toast.

Romney's in a jam and the toast is burning! :lol:

You mis-spelled "Obama".
What is Obama's message in this election again? "Forward" doesn't really cut it, unless he's advertising a Jewish newspaper.
Is it, I saved healthcare? No.
Is it, I saved banking? No.
Is it, I got the economy moving again? No.
Is it, I ended all foreign wars? No.
Is it, I'm better than an accused felon who beats his wife and dog? Yup. There's a winner right there.

For all the talk about a close election, it aint gonna happen. We are looking at a landslide ala 1980. Romney has all the advantages here. Obama is sucking wind. While the polls look close I suspect a lot of people who say they support Obama do so because they dont want t be perceived as racist.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.
White voters are who pushed Obama over the top in 2008 and now he's losing them?

Toast.

The campaign is going so bad the next thing you know Obama will have to loan himself money! Ha!

I'm cautiously optimistic. Obama's failed record is there for all to see. You've got a good point. It was the white voters that put him over the top and he's done nothing but alienate them since he's been in office.

Last edited:
I like jam on my toast.

You mis-spelled "Obama".
What is Obama's message in this election again? "Forward" doesn't really cut it, unless he's advertising a Jewish newspaper.
Is it, I'm better than an accused felon who beats his wife and dog? Yup. There's a winner right there.

Hadn't heard that about Mitt, thanks. :D

Or you simply can't recognize your own lack of writing skills. For example, if you don't know that subobtimal is one word, you should probably avoid using it in a sentence.

Now, do please explain why a SC judge (who, by definition is someone highly educated in the law) would "turn liberal" if not because of that education. You are, after all, the one who wrote that. Help out those of us with poor reading skills.

Do you think Antonin Scalia is uneducated? What about Eugene Volokh? Was William F Buckley uneducated?
Does your question have fuck all to do with any of what I wrote? No.

You mis-spelled "Obama".

Going to answer teh question or just douche-out, like you always do because you have figs between your ears?

Or you simply can't recognize your own lack of writing skills. For example, if you don't know that subobtimal is one word, you should probably avoid using it in a sentence.

Do you think Antonin Scalia is uneducated? What about Eugene Volokh? Was William F Buckley uneducated?

We're still trying to figure out what you meant. That's the problem. You're all over the place then get upset when you're called on it. For example, above we're discussing SC judges and you start throwing names of people who aren't judges! :eusa_eh:

Perhaps you should read what you wrote. You said "Republicans appoint centrist judges who turn liberal." I didn't say that, you did. You must have had some reason to say that. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Enlighten us.

We're still trying to figure out what you meant. That's the problem. You're all over the place then get upset when you're called on it. For example, above we're discussing SC judges and you start throwing names of people who aren't judges! :eusa_eh:

The claim was that education makes people liberal. That is obviously false.

My question to you is pretty simple. Maybe you can answer it. Or get an adult to help:
What is Obama's message in this election?

Perhaps you should read what you wrote. You said "Republicans appoint centrist judges who turn liberal." I didn't say that, you did. You must have had some reason to say that. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Enlighten us.

Canyou name any Republican appointees to the Court who became liberals? I'm sure you can. Now run along.

You mis-spelled "Obama".

Going to answer teh question or just douche-out, like you always do because you have figs between your ears?

Here we have an excellent example of the "pique of desperation" that the Reps find themselves in. Their candidate steps into it at every opportunity, so all they have is to become angrier and shriller. :cool:

Canyou name any Republican appointees to the Court who became liberals? I'm sure you can. Now run along.

Since so many do, why do we need the middle man? Vote Obama and save us all the Rep hand wringing over how they nominated another turncoat. :lol:

It is not my responsibility to prove your points for you. That is your job. Am I to assume that you really didn't have a point when you made your statement? It just sounded like a nice bumper sticker so you went for it.

Forum List

Back