Toast

The problem for the right.

Romney hasn't articulated how things would be any different under him.

At this point
Anything But Obama

will work

Really? What's Mitt's plan for putting people back to work? That's where Obama is most vulnerable, but Romney hasn't told us what his plan is. Given a blank, America will go with the devil they know.

Didn't report that to you on HuffPo, eh?

LOL

The problem for the right.

Romney hasn't articulated how things would be any different under him.

At this point
Anything But Obama

will work

Really? What's Mitt's plan for putting people back to work? That's where Obama is most vulnerable, but Romney hasn't told us what his plan is. Given a blank, America will go with the devil they know.

Easy

Don't do what Papa Obama does

For all the talk about a close election, it aint gonna happen. We are looking at a landslide ala 1980. Romney has all the advantages here. Obama is sucking wind. While the polls look close I suspect a lot of people who say they support Obama do so because they dont want t be perceived as racist.

Guy, 1980 isn't even a good comparison.

The only thing the two elections had in common were a bad economy. Carter was brought down by a lot more factors than that.

1) Massive dissension in his own party, leading to a primary challenge by Ted Kennedy. Obama enjoys solid support from his base.

2) A Third Party challenge from John Anderson on his left. To my surprise, we didn't get a third party this year.

3) Carter's impotence in dealing with Iran and the Soviets. People voted for Reagan just as much because of their concerns on foreign affairs as economic ones, maybe a bit more so.

4) Massive inflation and high interest rates and a depressed stock market. Unlike Obama, Carter's economic woes went far beyond unemployment.

But here's the real problem. Mitt Romney is no Ronald Reagan. He doesn't have the likability or the Charisma or the cahonas. Reagan naturally related to people, Romney acts like a weird robot from the Planet Kolob.

People don't remember this, or they don't like to bring it up, but Carter and Reagan were running a VERY close race until right before the election. One week before the election the candidates had their second of only two debates. Now Joe, I know you don't believe that debates matter much, but this one did. It went from being a tied race, to Reagan beating Carter handily and the reason was that last debate.

For all the talk about a close election, it aint gonna happen. We are looking at a landslide ala 1980. Romney has all the advantages here. Obama is sucking wind. While the polls look close I suspect a lot of people who say they support Obama do so because they dont want t be perceived as racist.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.

Romney has a 20-point advantage among white voters. Obama is supported by 91% of black voters and 57% of other minority voters.

In his weekly newspaper column, Scott Rasmussen concludes that for Obama to win, “he will need to improve his own job approval rating between now and Election Day. For that to happen, perceptions of the economy will have to reverse their current downward trend.”
With the economy headed towards another recession that wont happen.

For those who doubt it, polls for Walker's recount showed a dead heat right up until actual results, when he won big.

Whoever wins will be the next president. Anyone who thinks it will make much of a difference either way, has not been paying attention.

True that on the fiscal side. There isn't much the POTUS can do.

Which is why I think you get more mileage out of electing someone who shares your values more than "Ooooh, I like his idea to reduce taxes" or "Oooh, his views on medicare are great."

The next POTUS may get to appoint Supreme Court 3 judges who will turn 80 during the next 4 years. Your expectance of privacy, Roe, voter ID laws, gun control measures....it could all be decided by justices who could conceiveably occupy their seats for an entire generation.

Guy, 1980 isn't even a good comparison.

The only thing the two elections had in common were a bad economy. Carter was brought down by a lot more factors than that.

1) Massive dissension in his own party, leading to a primary challenge by Ted Kennedy. Obama enjoys solid support from his base.

2) A Third Party challenge from John Anderson on his left. To my surprise, we didn't get a third party this year.

3) Carter's impotence in dealing with Iran and the Soviets. People voted for Reagan just as much because of their concerns on foreign affairs as economic ones, maybe a bit more so.

4) Massive inflation and high interest rates and a depressed stock market. Unlike Obama, Carter's economic woes went far beyond unemployment.

But here's the real problem. Mitt Romney is no Ronald Reagan. He doesn't have the likability or the Charisma or the cahonas. Reagan naturally related to people, Romney acts like a weird robot from the Planet Kolob.

Were you even alive then?
Your bigoted hatred of Romney blinds you to teh fact that he is a very good looking, accomplished businessman/politician with an excellent record. If he were black and Obama were white there wouldn't be any question at all.
Notice that Obama's support among blacks has fallen dramatically. No wonder. The last 3 years have been especially bad for black families. And his support for fag marriage hasn't helped that much.

For those who doubt it, polls for Walker's recount showed a dead heat right up until actual results, when he won big.

Whoever wins will be the next president. Anyone who thinks it will make much of a difference either way, has not been paying attention.

True that on the fiscal side. There isn't much the POTUS can do.

Which is why I think you get more mileage out of electing someone who shares your values more than "Ooooh, I like his idea to reduce taxes" or "Oooh, his views on medicare are great."

The next POTUS may get to appoint Supreme Court 3 judges who will turn 80 during the next 4 years. Your expectance of privacy, Roe, voter ID laws, gun control measures....it could all be decided by justices who could conceiveably occupy their seats for an entire generation.

Quite true. A significant issue. Of course, those appointees also have to be confirmed by the Senate and I doubt we are going to see a true majority of either party there. So no judge is going to make it who is too far to either the right or the left.

Democrats appoint liberal judges. Republicans appoint centrist judges who turn liberal.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.
White voters are who pushed Obama over the top in 2008 and now he's losing them?

Toast.

The campaign is going so bad the next thing you know Obama will have to loan himself money! Ha!

Last edited:
Your bigoted hatred of Romney blinds you to teh fact that he is a very good looking, accomplished businessman/politician with an excellent record. If he were black and Obama were white there wouldn't be any question at all.
Do I detect a Non Sexual Man Crush on Romney here? Careful big guy and remember what happened when you were crushin' on Rick Perry!

Democrats appoint liberal judges. Republicans appoint centrist judges who turn liberal.

So, what you are saying is that the more educated someone becomes in the law the more liberal they become. Something to consider, certainly.

Romney has a 20-point advantage among white voters. Obama is supported by 91% of black voters and 57% of other minority voters.

In his weekly newspaper column, Scott Rasmussen concludes that for Obama to win, “he will need to improve his own job approval rating between now and Election Day. For that to happen, perceptions of the economy will have to reverse their current downward trend.”

Care to wager sig lines since you're not in doubt?

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to "All hail President Romney, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there until 12/31/13.

If President Obama wins, you change your sig line to "All hail President Obama, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there only until 1/1/13

Font size =3, blue font face in bold. Arial font.

You really ARE as confident as you just stated you are, aren't you?

You'll notice that he'll ignore this to the end of time. They all do. They all talk big but literally have no spine when it comes time to put up or shut up. I found one (see sig) to wager and I'm pretty sure he'll try to weasel out.

They are all big mouthed, no substance with no courage to stand up for what they believe in. And all your asking for is a sig bet, that's childs play.

RCP toss-up states, as of this morning (with electoral votes):

Colorado (9): Obama +3.0
Florida (29): Obama +1.4
Iowa (6): Obama +1.3
Michigan (16): Obama +4.2
Nevada (6): Obama +5.3
New Hampshire (4): Obama +3.0
North Carolina (15): Romney +0.4
Ohio (18): Obama +4.8
Virginia (13): Obama +2.8

These polls don't include new data released this morning with Obama opening up leads of 6 in Florida, 6 in Ohio, 11 in Pennsylvania.

Just the facts, ma'am, subject to change of course. But predicting a victory because you think your guy is "better" than the other, or because voters "should" agree with you, seems kind of silly to me. But then, of course, partisan rhetoric is reliably silly.

Last edited:

Care to wager sig lines since you're not in doubt?

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to "All hail President Romney, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there until 12/31/13.

If President Obama wins, you change your sig line to "All hail President Obama, your President, my President, our President" and leave it there only until 1/1/13

Font size =3, blue font face in bold. Arial font.

You really ARE as confident as you just stated you are, aren't you?

You'll notice that he'll ignore this to the end of time. They all do. They all talk big but literally have no spine when it comes time to put up or shut up. I found one (see sig) to wager and I'm pretty sure he'll try to weasel out.

They are all big mouthed, no substance with no courage to stand up for what they believe in. And all your asking for is a sig bet, that's childs play.

I ignore it because I left high school a long time ago. You obviously never got there.

Forum List

Back