To share or not to share... that is the forward question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering about this..... So admin.... whats the official deal with this? Can you forward your PM's to others... with that little forward button we have? I was under the impression that you were allowed to share PM's so long as you did not discuss them on the open forum.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/229313-nasty-neg-rep-response-4.html#post5472631

A few mods don't know what the hell they are talking about?
Which ones would that be?

I do know that you can't share PMs, but of course any moron knows that.

And if you don't want to ask a mod, we have a very capable Admin. just sayin.
You cannot share PM's with other members. The forward button is for when you want to flag a pm to the administration.

I thought that was what the report button at the top right hand of the PM was for.

People can alter things in forwards and get a member in trouble with the administration for something they didn't do.

Last edited:
Just wondering about this..... So admin.... whats the official deal with this? Can you forward your PM's to others... with that little forward button we have? I was under the impression that you were allowed to share PM's so long as you did not discuss them on the open forum.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/229313-nasty-neg-rep-response-4.html#post5472631
You cannot share PM's with other members. The forward button is for when you want to flag a pm to the administration.

I thought that was what the report button at the top right hand of the PM was for.

People can change things in forwards and get a member in trouble with the administration for something they didn't do.

My bad...your right... :redface: but the rule remains the same.
It's the rule of the board, and not the rule of the software program.
Maybe that will clear it up.

People can change things in forwards and get a member in trouble with the administration for something they didn't do.

So a new rule?

So a new rule?

Nope...always been there. PM's are between two people...(private message)

Gunny said you could forward them but you couldn't post them on the board. As far as I know, that rule hasn't been changed.

It would appear that it has now just been changed.....

So a new rule?

Nope...always been there. PM's are between two people...(private message)

PM Guidelines:
If exclusively personal contact is needed, use the Private Message system. Do not post a topic where only one member is expected to answer. Posting and Language guidelines extend to the PM system. USmessageboard.com maintains the privacy of its’ users and will not access Private Messages unless ordered to do so by a Court of Law.

Posting information gained through private messages is prohibited unless specific permission is granted in a public forum and/or to a USMB staff member from the member who is a participant in the PM conversation.

Using the USMB PM system for promoting other message boards is explicitly against board rules. Anyone suspected/and found using OUR PM system to steal members will be dealt with harshly and may face a ban.

Posting private messages will only be allowed after establishing a 50 post count

?????

Last edited:
You can post rep comments only.

You can not post PM exchanges which ensue in response to reps.

You can FORWARD a PM to admin or a friend...

Simple. We have been here a few times already...

it would seem as if we have not...... :eusa_whistle:

I think it sucks that you're not supposed to reveal what's in a PM in open forum but you can forward someone's PM all over the board.

You can post rep comments only.

You can not post PM exchanges which ensue in response to reps.

You can FORWARD a PM to admin or a friend...

Simple. We have been here a few times already...

Do you mean forward, share or post Valerie? We don't want Syrenn to start another thread.

Since you agreed with val... and did not correct her.... you too understood the rules the same as we did...

Last edited:
I would rather see the content of a PM shared on a thread then to see it forwarded to selective people so they can start rumors.

From her OP.... Does that answer your question?

So no you cannot SHARE a PM on the open board. Do you have anymore questions?

yeah... we all got that part luissa.. it was answered well before you jumped in. You can only post the first req comment... then you went on to say you cannot share PM's.

So.....i am still waiting for an admin to answer the question..... as per your suggestion. :tongue:

I asked her why she kept answering his PMs, she answered. I responded to her answer.

<snip>

Luissa, in all fairness, my original OP was asking the question 'when does a neg rep turn into a PM?" I was very specific when I typed that the neg rep was still part of the correspondence.

I asked for clarification.

I recieved no clarification from a mod., did I?

The asking of why I kept responding is a deflection from the original question.

Two questions.

Can you share the content of a PM on open forum?

No.

Can you forward a PM to anyone and everyone on the forum?

Yes.

Can you hint at the content of a PM in open forum?

Yes.

It's a helluva way to stir shit and start false rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back