to reiterate one more time

No Conservative Speech Allowed

No Conservative books allowed

That's why New York lit the empire state building up in red. yep.

Who said any of the people you named were to blame?

Jesus, the right wing sure is playing the victim this week. Too bad they can't offer as much sympathy for the real victims as they give to themselves.

Try Sheriff Dipshit for one. Hey guy, If you can't keep up, keep out of the discussion.

Rush has 20 million listeners. Loughner was not one of them.

Beck, Oberman, Hannity, Rhodes, Levin, Lykis, all have their followers. Loughner was not one of them

Nothing any of these people said (And I will note that in my very small sample of the words of Oberman and Rhodes, they are a lot more violent than anything I have heard from my very large samples of Beck, Levin or Rush) had any relation to Loughner. He was as ignorant of them and their ideas and arguments and style as he was of Logic, grammar, or Quantum mechanics.

Loughner went out and purchased a gun and used it enterely of his own volition. He was not compelled, coerced, or convinced by any of them. The only blame is his alone. The only action was his.

As a listener to Rush, I was one of the 20million who did not try and assassinate a congressmen last weekend. I was one of the millions of Beck listeners who did not shoot up a grocery store. I was one of the millions of readers of Michelle Malkin who didn't shoot anybody.

Blaming free speech of the totally unrelated actions of a loon from the fever swamps where the ideas of Marx and Hitler are seen as both valid on political entertainers who despise the various peculiar views of Loughner for short term points is dishonest and cowardly.

This is all true.

But imagine what you guys would be saying if it had been an illegal immigrant...

Beck, Oberman, Hannity, Rhodes, Levin, Lykis, all have their followers. Loughner was not one of them

Nothing any of these people said (And I will note that in my very small sample of the words of Oberman and Rhodes, they are a lot more violent than anything I have heard from my very large samples of Beck, Levin or Rush) had any relation to Loughner. He was as ignorant of them and their ideas and arguments and style as he was of Logic, grammar, or Quantum mechanics.

Loughner went out and purchased a gun and used it enterely of his own volition. He was not compelled, coerced, or convinced by any of them. The only blame is his alone. The only action was his.

As a listener to Rush, I was one of the 20million who did not try and assassinate a congressmen last weekend. I was one of the millions of Beck listeners who did not shoot up a grocery store. I was one of the millions of readers of Michelle Malkin who didn't shoot anybody.

Blaming free speech of the totally unrelated actions of a loon from the fever swamps where the ideas of Marx and Hitler are seen as both valid on political entertainers who despise the various peculiar views of Loughner for short term points is dishonest and cowardly.

This is all true.

But imagine what you guys would be saying if it had been an illegal immigrant...

In stead of saying Loughner is a crazy nut job, we'd be saying Garcia is a crazy nut job and you'd call us racist. Nothing new, really.

Well, the wingnuts denied THIS guy from 2008 was influenced by the rightwing media too, so denial is pretty much reflexive with these people:

Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity on accused shooter's reading list

Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity on accused shooter's reading list Knoxville News Sentinel

Bet a few of you forgot about that one, didn't you???

so now we should stop printing conservative books? Really. Communism is on the rise in America..

What a lopsided link. He only had 3 books in his house?

Good lord get the fuck over yourself

You boy that just killed some of your own read books from your side of the ilse

You man enough to admit that your books drove him to kill?

This is all true.

In stead of saying Loughner is a crazy nut job, we'd be saying Garcia is a crazy nut job and you'd call us racist. Nothing new, really.

Really? When have I ever called anyone a "racist"?

Eventually you're going to realize that people are getting just as sick of people on the right playing the "race card" card.

And you're lying to yourself if you think that would be the reaction of the majority of the right on this board. Take a look at the first couple pages of the "Politicizing the tragedy" thread - before anyone knew anything, there were already people blaming "La Raza".

This is all true.

It would be further proof to shut down the boarder.

Honestly now

How many Americans need to get raped and murdered, by illegals, for you to see that we need to do something serious about the issue?

This is all true.

It would be further proof to shut down the boarder.

Honestly now

How many Americans need to get raped and murdered, by illegals, for you to see that we need to do something serious about the issue?

Where exactly in my post did you get that I don't support border enforcement?

My point was how hysterical the rhetoric would be from the far right.

Just like the hysterical rhetoric coming from the far left right now.

I'm sick of the holier than thou bullshit from the far right. They're just as fucked up and hysterical as the far left.

This is all true.

How would his immigration status change anything? Would that make him any saner?

This is all true.

How would his immigration status change anything? Would that make him any saner?

See my last post.

Why is this still an issue?

Why do people think that they need to protect the honour of Palin & Pals from other people's statements?

What gives?

There have been interviews with acquaintances all week saying he did not do radio or TV.

Heresay.

Hershey

HersheyBar.jpg

There have been interviews with acquaintances all week saying he did not do radio or TV.

Heresay.

yes, thats true.

So where is the proof he did? last I checked before making an accusation you should probably have some facts first, that speak to the veracity of the remarks as to state of mind, prompts of behaviors etc....I mean thats what a civil, fair minded person would do....no?

Why is this still an issue?

Why do people think that they need to protect the honour of Palin & Pals from other people's statements?

What gives?

I think its a matter of fairness, watching folks get pilloried on a whim is, well it gets everyone's goat, right left center I think.

Heresay.

YOu have to check with the legal ealges on what you think this means.

Basically, Here say is any "out of court statement used to prove an in court assertion."

This does not mean that things you say out of court can't be brought into court. which is why the fifth amendment is there and why the miranda warning is read.

Now in the court of public opinion, the fact brought out by acquaintances are not heresay. They are assertions of facts that they know from observation.

My assertion that they said this is heresay, but not what they said. People who know him have been pretty clear he wasn't really that involved in the political process.

And there are lots of exemptions to the heresay rule. Things like public records, court judgements, written contracts etc.

Forum List

Back