TN: Miscarriage will be murder

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Add TN HB 3517 to the list.

The Tennessee House last week voted 80-18 to make miscarriage — or the killing of any fertilized egg — murder. Last night, the Tennessee Senate passed by a 28-2 margin a companion version of the bill. The bill specifically includes all embryos “at any state of gestation in utero.” Tennessee’s Republican Governor Bill Haslam has not indicated if he will sign the bill.

To be clear, this bill goes further than covering, say, a violent attacker harming an expectant mother who then, unfortunately, miscarries. This bill, House Bill 3517 and the Senate’s companion, makes anyone’s actions that presumably cause a miscarriage murder. Opponents of the bill question how law enforcement would actually enforce this law or determine if someone’s action was a direct cause of a miscarriage.

Tennessee: Miscarriage Will Be Murder — Legislature Passes Embryo Bill | The New Civil Rights Movement

The Tennessee House last week voted 80-18 to make miscarriage — or the killing of any fertilized egg — murder. Last night, the Tennessee Senate passed by a 28-2 margin a companion version of the bill. The bill specifically includes all embryos “at any state of gestation in utero.” Tennessee’s Republican Governor Bill Haslam has not indicated if he will sign the bill.

To be clear, this bill goes further than covering, say, a violent attacker harming an expectant mother who then, unfortunately, miscarries. This bill, House Bill 3517 and the Senate’s companion, makes anyone’s actions that presumably cause a miscarriage murder. Opponents of the bill question how law enforcement would actually enforce this law or determine if someone’s action was a direct cause of a miscarriage.

Tennessee: Miscarriage Will Be Murder — Legislature Passes Embryo Bill | The New Civil Rights Movement

Whats so new about this? There have been cases in the past where A woman is Pregnant and Murdered and the Person who did it is Charged with 2 Murders.

Why is it so hard for some people to get it? Even if you are for Abortion. If You walk up to a chick who is pregnant and punch her so hard in the Stomach she miscarries you just stopped a Life, Period.

I dont see how this will work... I mean, is a fetus a life or not? Am I missing something here?

They cant have it both ways.

Whats so new about this? There have been cases in the past where A woman is Pregnant and Murdered and the Person who did it is Charged with 2 Murders.

Why is it so hard for some people to get it? Even if you are for Abortion. If You walk up to a chick who is pregnant and punch her so hard in the Stomach she miscarries you just stopped a Life, Period.

But does our gov't see the fetus as a life.

I am pro life... I say it is murder, but if they can convict someone for killing the baby in the moms womb in that way, why not the mom and doctor at an abortion clinic? :confused:

Exactly, and any reasonable person knows that. They would have people think that Laci Peterson's baby or Sharon Tate's baby weren't considered murder victims.

They know better, but are trying to spin things. The war on woman myth was a failure, but some didn't get the memo.

The bill has already been amended. It no longer applies to the pregnant woman or any doctor performing procedures with the consent of the pregnant woman.

If facts can be presented to a jury that the defendant knowingly committed the crime while aware of the woman's condition, then I'm alright with trying and convicting the accused for taking both lives.

The wording is too loose. I've had a miscarriage. My daughter has had a miscarriage. So - what? We'd be in deep serious? Because we 'might' have done something to harm the fetus?

The wording is too loose. I've had a miscarriage. My daughter has had a miscarriage. So - what? We'd be in deep serious? Because we 'might' have done something to harm the fetus?

Wrong dumb ass. It clearly states they have to have acted to harm the fetus and cause the miscarriage. But you keep claiming otherwise retard.

Wrong dumb ass. It clearly states they have to have acted to harm the fetus and cause the miscarriage. But you keep claiming otherwise retard.

Dude... thats not necessary.

We were having a good conversation till ya went and did that.

Because, once again, it's government legislating a woman's personal medical condition. That's why the reaction.

But you can see his point right?

Its a good one.

If its life in the case of murder of the mother, why is it not life if its a case of abortion?

Personally, though I am pro choice, Ive always felt that contradiction needs to be answered.

Apparently, you didn't actually read the article.

To be clear, this bill goes further than covering, say, a violent attacker harming an expectant mother who then, unfortunately, miscarries. This bill, House Bill 3517 and the Senate’s companion, makes anyone’s actions that presumably cause a miscarriage murder.

You're welcome.

Carbon pollution causes miscarraiges! Is the mother at fault, exactly who would be charged? Motorist?

Traffic Pollution Increases Miscarriage

<snip>

The study, which included 400 women having IVF treatment in Brazil, found that those who became pregnant in winter, when pollution levels are particularly high, were twice as likely to miscarry in the first eight weeks as those who conceived at other times of the year.
Miscarriage-Recurrent Miscarriage: Traffic Pollution Increases Miscarriage

Forum List

Back