Couple Of Questions About The John Edwards Case

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Isn't this a waste of tax payer's money? Not to mention a political which hunt by the RW DA? Does he need to be tried like he is now? Did he break a law? If so what law did he break?

What say you?

I think diverting Campaign Funds is a real problem, Marc. It is what it is.

No, don't give me the "it is what is is" crap.

What CRIME was committed here?

Please answer...if you can.

Using campaign funds to pay off a woman he had an affair with.

What's the name of the crime?

And recently The Witch from Delaware was running for office, she used funds inappropriately as well, to pay for her living expenses. I suppose she should be hunted down and hauled before a tribuna...I mean...jury as well...right?

Ya cause the DA fabricated the charges out of thin air. It is a Felony to steal funds from ones campaign for private matters. He not only stole them he hide the fact he did it.

Using campaign funds to pay off a woman he had an affair with.

What's the name of the crime?

And recently The Witch from Delaware was running for office, she used funds inappropriately as well, to pay for her living expenses. I suppose she should be hunted down and hauled before a tribuna...I mean...jury as well...right?

The case of USA v. Johnny Reid Edwards contains six counts, including conspiracy, four counts of illegal campaign contributions and one count of false statements.

Federal Campaign Finance Laws

How much did republicans spend on Starr chamber investigations of Clowntoon?

And do not misunderstand me I am in NO way defending scum like Edwards.

Last edited:
Ya cause the DA fabricated the charges out of thin air. It is a Felony to steal funds from ones campaign for private matters. He not only stole them he hide the fact he did it.

Those are the charges, and these ARE serious crimes.

I'm not convinced that a crime was committed here.

It seems as if Edwards is being tried for being a scumbag, jerk and most importantly...a Democrat.

It seems as if Edwards is being tried for being a scumbag, jerk and most importantly...a Democrat.
The charges against Edwards include conspiracy, making false statements, and four charges that he accepted illegal campaign contributions from two wealthy donors who had already given his campaign the maximum allowed.

WYGD
:)

The charges against Edwards include conspiracy, making false statements, and four charges that he accepted illegal campaign contributions from two wealthy donors who had already given his campaign the maximum allowed.

WYGD
You were one of the men arguing that the charges brought against the killer George Zimmerman were bogus...right?

WYGD
You were one of the men arguing that the charges brought against the killer George Zimmerman were bogus...right?

No.
I said they were charges.
I have a judicial system at work for me to decide if they're bogus or founded in fact.

Same with Edwards.
I understand that you may not see that a crime has been committed.
I can't say there has been, either.
I can only list the charges, Marc.
:cool:

The prosecution's star witness today said clearly the $$$ came from private funds and that Edwards clearly believed what they were doing was legal. If the $$$ can't be traced into the campaign accounting itself, this man, whom I despise, may well walk away free.

The prosecution's star witness today said clearly the $$$ came from private funds and that Edwards clearly believed what they were doing was legal. If the $$$ can't be traced into the campaign accounting itself, this man, whom I despise, may well walk away free.
And is that a good thing or bad thing as you see it?

Isn't this a waste of tax payer's money? Not to mention a political which hunt by the RW DA? Does he need to be tried like he is now? Did he break a law? If so what law did he break?

What say you?

I think the legal theory under which they are prosecuting him is sort of dubious. He didn't pay her out of his campaign fund, which would have been illegal. He got rich friends to pay his aide who paid her after his aide embezzled a good deal of that money.

But Edwards is such a creep, it's really, really hard to work up a lot of sympathy for him.

He did, after all, cheat on his cancer-striken wife.

Whether you are convinced or not is of no consequence. The facts - I know you prefer opinion to fact - do not look good for Edwards. However, like everyone else, he is entitled to due process to establish guilt or innocence. That, is a damned sight more than you do for Zimmerman... since you went with 'guilty' and trial by media. Sick freak.

Of course you are not. He is a liberal, therefore whatever he does is in a gray fog.
You have been told several times what the charges are. Yet you continue to say "I don't think there is a crime here".
Go figure.
If this was Mitt Romney you would be all over it. And every single person who knows your posting here knows this all too well.

Forum List

Back