Time to put pressure on the GOP. . .

Which statement re the President is most accurate for you at this time?

• I hate President Trump and won't support anything he supports.

• I strongly dislike the President and will oppose his re-election.

• I don't hate the President but I oppose most or all of his agenda.

• I like the President but I oppose most or all of his agenda.

• I find the President unlikable at times but I support most or all of his agenda.

• I appreciate the President and I support most or all of his agenda.

• Other that I have explained in my post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only concern I have is the continued rise in the country's debt. Neither party has shown an interest in that issue.
I would like to see more language regarding term limits on the Legislative Branch.
Otherwise Trump has my full support and will get my vote again.

The debt is worrying but the only President who ever balanced the America budget was Andrew Jackson back in the 1840's.

As long as we have a Congress that spends money like it grows on a tree no one will balance the budget and no President be he Dem or Rep will ever do any better. Congress controls the money and we all know how they spend.

The only concern I have is the continued rise in the country's debt. Neither party has shown an interest in that issue.
I would like to see more language regarding term limits on the Legislative Branch.

The debt is worrying but the only President who ever balanced the America budget was Andrew Jackson back in the 1840's.

As long as we have a Congress that spends money like it grows on a tree no one will balance the budget.
Another good reason for those term limits.
Get the career elites out. All of them.

I mainly support the president in his involuntary policy of NOT being Hillary Clinton.

We dodged a huge bullet. All else is gravy.

To impeach him for allegedly obstructing an investigation into something that is not a crime seems a bit coup-ish.

You can't find something in his agenda or accomplishments to date to appreciate, get behind, support?

I cant as of this point. Every time he seens as if he will offer something I could support (which is rare) he reverses or lies. Most of his agenda is too far to the right and my feelings on the Reoubs and Trump pretty much ech yours on the Dems. Most of the presidents positions are the antithesis of mine and destroying our country.

You oppose more money in the pockets of working Americans?

You oppose efforts to stop the crisis on the border?

You oppose great numbers in increases in construction and manufacturing jobs that are the backbone of a healthy and lasting good economy?

You oppose millions of people having good paying full time jobs with benefits again instead of making do on fewer hours than they need or working multiple part time jobs?

You oppose trade deals that give American a fair deal?

You oppose record or near record unemployment numbers in virtually EVERY category, men, women, minorities, high school grads, high school drop outs that anybody in the world would envy and that are pulling people out of poverty, off food stamps, increasing individual and family income and wealth with lower income people seeing the greatest advances?

You oppose strengthening our military which is the world's best chance for lasting peace?

I'm sorry but the only ones I see as intent on destroying the country are those who would do away with all that out of their hatred for President Trump.

As long as we have a Congress that spends money like it grows on a tree no one will balance the budget.

I agree. Get the professional politicians out of Congress and get some real people in and we may yet see a balanced budget in low debt.

Hate of Trump has torn the country apart, not Trump himself. You are a prime example.
tenor.gif

He has torn the country apart, and has left it open to it's enemies, and namely one of it's greatest enemies.

Him being there can only lead to disaster.
Hate of Trump has torn the country apart, not Trump himself. You are a prime example.

Hatred of what the Trumpybear says and does is part of it, but to ignore the hate he has inspired is to be willfully blind to reality.

I mainly support the president in his involuntary policy of NOT being Hillary Clinton.

To impeach him for allegedly obstructing an investigation into something that is not a crime seems a bit coup-ish.

You can't find something in his agenda or accomplishments to date to appreciate, get behind, support?

I cant as of this point. Every time he seens as if he will offer something I could support (which is rare) he reverses or lies. Most of his agenda is too far to the right and my feelings on the Reoubs and Trump pretty much ech yours on the Dems. Most of the presidents positions are the antithesis of mine and destroying our country.

You oppose more money in the pockets of working Americans?

You oppose efforts to stop the crisis on the border?

You oppose great numbers in increases in construction and manufacturing jobs that are the backbone of a healthy and lasting good economy?

You oppose millions of people having good paying full time jobs with benefits again instead of making do on fewer hours than they need or working multiple part time jobs?

You oppose trade deals that give American a fair deal?

You oppose record or near record unemployment numbers in virtually EVERY category, men, women, minorities, high school grads, high school drop outs that anybody in the world would envy and that are pulling people out of poverty, off food stamps, increasing individual and family income and wealth with lower income people seeing the greatest advances?

You oppose strengthening our military which is the world's best chance for lasting peace?

I'm sorry but the only ones I see as intent on destroying the country are those who would do away with all that out of their hatred for President Trump.

You apparently don't like a great economy, UE the lowest its been in 50 years and jobs all across the country.

You also don't appear to like someone doing something about the 20 million illegals in the country that cost we tax payer billions.

And for a destroyed country we're doing pretty well.

All in all it looks like you hate a successful America and of course you would never give Trump the credit for that success.

Last edited:

I can't really say that I can support term limits because so often we get rid of the devil we know and wind up with one far worse. I look at the amazing knowledge of people like Lindsay Graham, Jim Jordan, et al, how much their experience helps us in understanding what is going on, and how unwise it might be in putting inexperienced rookies in charge of issues most critical to the security and well being of the country. (And yes, I have had my issues with Lindsay in the past too, but I'll have to say he has been exemplary the last couple of years.)

I would far rather see us have a constitutional amendment that maybe allows more annual income for our elected representatives, but that would require them to pass no legislation of any kind that benefits any group or entity that does not benefit all, that would not allow them to dispense charity or grants of any kind. And all contracts would be put out for bids. Further they should pay into their own 401ks or IRAs and health plans--the same plans they force on the rest of us--and take those with them when they leave office with no government retirement after that.

Do that and it removes all incentive for dishonorable lobbying, or for anybody who is in office to benefit himself/herself to stay there or run for office at all. That would leave us with public servants who love America and work for the people again and I don't care how long they stick around.

One hopes that the anti-Trumpers within the GOP get axed in the next primary. Some have retired and some ought to be replaced if they aren't willing to put the best interests of their country ahead of their own personal goals. And the same goes for the Dems, enough of the BS Green New Deal. Get real or get out, one wonders how much longer the Dems can continue down this non-sensical path.

We have to be careful though. It will make it much tougher for President Trump to succeed if the Senate succumbs to the vengeful Democrats too. I would rather reform those in the Senate than risk losing the Senate and thereby making it far more difficult for the President to get his agenda done.

I believe that the fear of losing the Senate to the Dems is what drives McConnell more than any disagreement or distaste for President Trump. I would like to have seen the GOP doing more to further Trump's agenda, cuz IMHO it is the right way for this country to go. But if they lose the Senate in 2020, and with it the ability to appoint federal judges to the bench, then I'm not sure about making that tradeoff. Certainly I want Trump to be re-elected over that bunch of crazies running on the Dems side, and I did not like it when the Dems re-took the House, but sometimes you don't get everything you want in politics and we had too many anti-Trumpers in the previous Senate.

He has torn the country apart, and has left it open to it's enemies, and namely one of it's greatest enemies.

Hatred of what the Trumpybear says and does is part of it, but to ignore the hate he has inspired is to be willfully blind to reality.
Do you think Mexico and Central America are sending their best?

Trump's inaugural address was likely one of the most surreal, negative, and dark in the history of the US presidency.

The man possesses one of the most disturbed, morbid, and psychotic minds known to reside in The White House.

Trump is a serial liar that cannot be believed on any issue.

Trump has no regard for The Constitutional concept of 'checks & balances' and believes he is above the law.

He lives in between your ears, poking your brain with a fork your every waking moment. :aargh:

:auiqs.jpg:

You wouldn't know the truth if it smacked your ass and called you Sally.

I can't really say that I can support term limits because so often we get rid of the devil we know and wind up with one far worse. I look at the amazing knowledge of people like Lindsay Graham, Jim Jordan, et al, how much their experience helps us in understanding what is going on, and how unwise it might be in putting inexperienced rookies in charge of issues most critical to the security and well being of the country. (And yes, I have had my issues with Lindsay in the past too, but I'll have to say he has been exemplary the last couple of years.)

I would far rather see us have a constitutional amendment that maybe allows more annual income for our elected representatives, but that would require them to pass no legislation of any kind that benefits any group or entity that does not benefit all, that would not allow them to dispense charity or grants of any kind. And all contracts would be put out for bids. Further they should pay into their own 401ks or IRAs and health plans--the same plans they force on the rest of us--and take those with them when they leave office with no government retirement after that.

Do that and it removes all incentive for dishonorable lobbying, or for anybody who is in office to benefit himself/herself to stay there or run for office at all. That would leave us with public servants who love America and work for the people again and I don't care how long they stick around.

Something has to be done. They voted themselves half the keys to the country during Carter..then they voted themselves the second half during Reagan's second Congress.

They've been living high on our money and making us poorer ever since.

Lobbying needs to be outlawed period. It is bribery.

True. There is a lot of experience but also a lot of greed in Congress. How many go in dirt poor but come out millionaires??

I like your ideas for our elected officials though I doubt it would ever come to pass. They are all fat and happy living off the tax payers of America. Nice cushy jobs where they show up a hell of a lot less than someone who works a regular job.

We pay a great benefit package for them and their families. We also pay for a generous retirement for them. A nice soft cushy job. None of them will want to give that up and who could blame them.

True. There is a lot of experience but also a lot of greed in Congress. How many go in dirt poor but come out millionaires??

I like your ideas for our elected officials though I doubt it would ever come to pass. They are all fat and happy living off the tax payers of America. Nice cushy jobs where they show up a hell of a lot less than someone who works a regular job.

We pay a great benefit package for them and their families. We also pay for a generous retirement for them. A nice soft cushy job. None of them will want to give that up and who could blame them.

That needs to change. It has to if we are to continue as the Nation the forefathers founded. There's no integrity there, only greed and corruption.

When grafty Rick Scott gets into the Senate and says "This thing is broken, y'all". He ain't bullshittin'.

If it shocks a backroom dealer like him, it's all kinds of messed up.

Who in those countries is it that you believe is sending them? It also depend on what you consider best? Is it hard working people who want to better themselves and their families by working hard and keeping their nose to the grindstone? Then yeah, I've known a lot of those kind of people who come from those places. Nobody sent them. They chose to come.

Who in those countries is it that you believe is sending them? It also depend on what you consider best? Is it hard working people who want to better themselves and their families by working hard and keeping their nose to the grindstone? Then yeah, I've known a lot of those kind of people who come from those places. Nobody sent them. They chose to come.
No, I think that wagging tongues in Spanish tell of a better life and of course lotsa free stuff. What do you think?

So no EBT or SNAP for refugees right from the beginning, right? Come with a nest egg or go home, amirite? That's how it was for a non-blood uncle of mine in the 30s. He came here and made it bigtime. What are these "asylum seekers" bringing to the table? Disease and mooching off the system? Fuck that shit!

One hopes that the anti-Trumpers within the GOP get axed in the next primary. Some have retired and some ought to be replaced if they aren't willing to put the best interests of their country ahead of their own personal goals. And the same goes for the Dems, enough of the BS Green New Deal. Get real or get out, one wonders how much longer the Dems can continue down this non-sensical path.

We have to be careful though. It will make it much tougher for President Trump to succeed if the Senate succumbs to the vengeful Democrats too. I would rather reform those in the Senate than risk losing the Senate and thereby making it far more difficult for the President to get his agenda done.

I believe that the fear of losing the Senate to the Dems is what drives McConnell more than any disagreement or distaste for President Trump. I would like to have seen the GOP doing more to further Trump's agenda, cuz IMHO it is the right way for this country to go. But if they lose the Senate in 2020, and with it the ability to appoint federal judges to the bench, then I'm not sure about making that tradeoff. Certainly I want Trump to be re-elected over that bunch of crazies running on the Dems side, and I did not like it when the Dems re-took the House, but sometimes you don't get everything you want in politics and we had too many anti-Trumpers in the previous Senate.

Not so much anti-Trumpers I think as permanent political class swampers unwilling to ruffle the status quo. Their positions give them enormous influence, power, prestige, and significant personal wealth. They look for leadership that can keep that gravy train going. And that becomes pretty much their most important, maybe their only concern.

Still the constituencies they represent does affect their priorities and often their votes.

But you make a compelling argument and are causing me to think about it in different directions than I was. And thank you for that. I'll let you know if I think it through and come to agree with you re McConnell. :)

I'm guessing many of the GOP in the House don't really mind being the minority all that much. It is far easier to be the opposition minority than it is to be the party with the power to get things done and be exposed and look bad when they don't get things done. Look how bad the Democrats look now with their constant focus on destroying President Trump instead of doing their jobs and getting things done that will actually help America and Americans.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back