Time to put pressure on the GOP. . .

Which statement re the President is most accurate for you at this time?

• I hate President Trump and won't support anything he supports.

• I strongly dislike the President and will oppose his re-election.

• I don't hate the President but I oppose most or all of his agenda.

• I like the President but I oppose most or all of his agenda.

• I find the President unlikable at times but I support most or all of his agenda.

• I appreciate the President and I support most or all of his agenda.

• Other that I have explained in my post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
He has torn the country apart, and has left it open to it's enemies, and namely one of it's greatest enemies.

Him being there can only lead to disaster.

Trump's inaugural address was likely one of the most surreal, negative, and dark in the history of the US presidency.

The man possesses one of the most disturbed, morbid, and psychotic minds known to reside in The White House.

Trump is a serial liar that cannot be believed on any issue.

Trump has no regard for The Constitutional concept of 'checks & balances' and believes he is above the law.

He lives in between your ears, poking your brain with a fork your every waking moment. :aargh:

:auiqs.jpg:

You wouldn't know the truth if it smacked your ass and called you Sally.

Says the ass hole that threatened to hang a former POTUS.

No one lives in my head but I believe that Trump is a danger not only to the US but the entire planet.

Trump is unworthy of the office of POTUS, period.
Trump is not to be believed. Take just one issue for example; Mueller.
How many times has Trump changed his tune on Mueller? First it a witch hunt then Mueller is doing a great job, then Mueller is a pain in Trump's ass, then Mueller is "exonerated me," then Mueller's report is a POS, etc.
That is just one issue of hundreds, maybe thousands of issues, and Trump waffles sooooooooooooooooooooooo much he could open his own goddamn Waffle House with all of the shit & lies he spews, daily.
Trump has issues with 'truth' and he will never know what 'truth' is because he is a lying sack of crap.

He has torn the country apart, and has left it open to it's enemies, and namely one of it's greatest enemies.

Trump's inaugural address was likely one of the most surreal, negative, and dark in the history of the US presidency.

The man possesses one of the most disturbed, morbid, and psychotic minds known to reside in The White House.

Trump is a serial liar that cannot be believed on any issue.

Trump has no regard for The Constitutional concept of 'checks & balances' and believes he is above the law.

He lives in between your ears, poking your brain with a fork your every waking moment. :aargh:

:auiqs.jpg:

You wouldn't know the truth if it smacked your ass and called you Sally.

Says the ass hole that threatened to hang a former POTUS.

No one lives in my head but I believe that Trump is a danger not only to the US but the entire planet.

Trump is unworthy of the office of POTUS, period.
Trump is not to be believed. Take just one issue for example; Mueller.
How many times has Trump changed his tune on Mueller? First it a witch hunt then Mueller is doing a great job, then Mueller is a pain in Trump's ass, then Mueller is "exonerated me," then Mueller's report is a POS, etc.
That is just one issue of hundreds, maybe thousands of issues, and Trump waffles sooooooooooooooooooooooo much he could open his own goddamn Waffle House with all of the shit & lies he spews, daily.
Trump has issues with 'truth' and he will never know what 'truth' is because he is a lying sack of crap.

I didn't threaten to hang him, but he should be tried and hanged for being the traitor he is.

Where Are They Now? An update on the "Taliban 5" exchanged for Bowe Bergdahl

5 freed from Gitmo in exchange for Bergdahl join Taliban’s political office in Qatar

The only concern I have is the continued rise in the country's debt. Neither party has shown an interest in that issue.
I would like to see more language regarding term limits on the Legislative Branch.
Otherwise Trump has my full support and will get my vote again.

The debt is worrying but the only President who ever balanced the America budget was Andrew Jackson back in the 1840's.

As long as we have a Congress that spends money like it grows on a tree no one will balance the budget.
Another good reason for those term limits.
Get the career elites out. All of them.

I can't really say that I can support term limits because so often we get rid of the devil we know and wind up with one far worse. I look at the amazing knowledge of people like Lindsay Graham, Jim Jordan, et al, how much their experience helps us in understanding what is going on, and how unwise it might be in putting inexperienced rookies in charge of issues most critical to the security and well being of the country. (And yes, I have had my issues with Lindsay in the past too, but I'll have to say he has been exemplary the last couple of years.)

I would far rather see us have a constitutional amendment that maybe allows more annual income for our elected representatives, but that would require them to pass no legislation of any kind that benefits any group or entity that does not benefit all, that would not allow them to dispense charity or grants of any kind. And all contracts would be put out for bids. Further they should pay into their own 401ks or IRAs and health plans--the same plans they force on the rest of us--and take those with them when they leave office with no government retirement after that.

Do that and it removes all incentive for dishonorable lobbying, or for anybody who is in office to benefit himself/herself to stay there or run for office at all. That would leave us with public servants who love America and work for the people again and I don't care how long they stick around.

Something has to be done. They voted themselves half the keys to the country during Carter..then they voted themselves the second half during Reagan's second Congress.

They've been living high on our money and making us poorer ever since.

Lobbying needs to be outlawed period. It is bribery.

There is honorable lobbying. There is nothing wrong with an industry or an entity sending representatives to the State House or Washington to explain why this or that legislation would, could, does, doesn't make things better or creates serious problems. It can be a significant and necessary component to educate legislators who have to make those decisions.

Dishonorable lobbying is that which seeks to bribe, extort, coerce, manipulate advantages from the government. Advantages others probably won't have. The proposals I made to restrict anyone in the federal government from responding to that would eliminate it. And it also prevents those in government from extorting money from groups, industries, unions, entities, etc.

I recommend everybody read this short book for a real education on how that works and why a permanent political class in Washington needs to be broken up.

th

SERIOUSLY.

The LEFT have torn the country wide apart in their hate, in boycotting Trump's inauguration, before the guy had even done one thing you were already polarizing the country. And when Trump tried to put just a TEMPORARY freeze on people coming in from terrorist countries, YOU TRIED TO STOP HIM, when he tried to secure the southern border, YOU TRIED TO STOP HIM, leaving us wide open to our enemies.

If we have any problem, it is the New Left. The best for us right now is to take all Radical Leftists and round them up into concentration camps like we did with the Japanese until we can sort out who is dangerous and who is merely an idiot.

80% of this nation's problems would immediately resolve.

The only concern I have is the continued rise in the country's debt. Neither party has shown an interest in that issue.
I would like to see more language regarding term limits on the Legislative Branch.
Otherwise Trump has my full support and will get my vote again.

The debt is worrying but the only President who ever balanced the America budget was Andrew Jackson back in the 1840's.

As long as we have a Congress that spends money like it grows on a tree no one will balance the budget.

I can't really say that I can support term limits because so often we get rid of the devil we know and wind up with one far worse. I look at the amazing knowledge of people like Lindsay Graham, Jim Jordan, et al, how much their experience helps us in understanding what is going on, and how unwise it might be in putting inexperienced rookies in charge of issues most critical to the security and well being of the country. (And yes, I have had my issues with Lindsay in the past too, but I'll have to say he has been exemplary the last couple of years.)

I would far rather see us have a constitutional amendment that maybe allows more annual income for our elected representatives, but that would require them to pass no legislation of any kind that benefits any group or entity that does not benefit all, that would not allow them to dispense charity or grants of any kind. And all contracts would be put out for bids. Further they should pay into their own 401ks or IRAs and health plans--the same plans they force on the rest of us--and take those with them when they leave office with no government retirement after that.

Do that and it removes all incentive for dishonorable lobbying, or for anybody who is in office to benefit himself/herself to stay there or run for office at all. That would leave us with public servants who love America and work for the people again and I don't care how long they stick around.

Something has to be done. They voted themselves half the keys to the country during Carter..then they voted themselves the second half during Reagan's second Congress.

There is honorable lobbying. There is nothing wrong with an industry or an entity sending representatives to the State House or Washington to explain why this or that legislation would, could, does, doesn't make things better or creates serious problems. It can be a significant and necessary component to educate legislators who have to make those decisions.

Dishonorable lobbying is that which seeks to bribe, extort, coerce, manipulate advantages from the government. The proposals I made to restrict anyone in the federal government from responding to that would eliminate it. And it also prevents those in government from extorting money from groups, industries, unions, entities, etc.

I recommend everybody read this short book for a real education on how that works and why a permanent political class in Washington needs to be broken up.

th

How much lobbying that goes on in Washington do you think is actually "honorable"? :rolleyes:

My guess is under 20%

One hopes that the anti-Trumpers within the GOP get axed in the next primary. Some have retired and some ought to be replaced if they aren't willing to put the best interests of their country ahead of their own personal goals. And the same goes for the Dems, enough of the BS Green New Deal. Get real or get out, one wonders how much longer the Dems can continue down this non-sensical path.

What if the "anti-Trumpers" believe that what they do is in the best interests of the country? You seem to be saying that only agreeing with Trump could be in the best interests of the country. :dunno:

Dishonorable lobbying is that which seeks to bribe, extort, coerce, manipulate advantages from the government. The proposals I made to restrict anyone in the federal government from responding to that would eliminate it. And it also prevents those in government from extorting money from groups, industries, unions, entities, etc.

th

How much lobbying that goes on in Washington do you think is actually "honorable"? :rolleyes:

My guess is under 20%

You could actually be right. But that is only because of a permanent political class all too willing to look to its own power, prestige, influence, and personal wealth than it is interested in doing its job for the American people.

But I have done a bit of lobbying in the past and know that it was 100% honorable. And I know others who have also been in that role. I had lunch with one yesterday--strictly for pleasure and had nothing to do with politics--and I know this person to be decent, honest, honorable, and 100% respectable.

Lobbying in itself for the purpose of education and/or self defense is not wrong, evil, inappropriate, or anything other than honorable.

Lobbying to bribe, extort, coerce etc. improper or illegal favors or special benefits is almost always evil whether it is initiated by private citizens or those in government.

Looking at it from a purely objective standpoint, awhile back I came to the conclusion that Trump's biggest obstacle is not the Democrats.

In my opinion, I have come to expect the Democrats to be angry, vindictive, irresponsible, hypocritical, intellectually dishonest, malicious, hateful, obstructive no matter who they hurt or how bad for the country because frankly that's pretty much all they have offered lately. They certainly don't offer any kind of agenda that won't make things far worse for most Americans and hurt the country much more than it offers any kind of defensible positive solutions.

But it is timid, feckless, and mostly self-serving members of the permanent political class in the Republican Party that are most dangerous to making America great again. The Paul Ryans, the Mitch McConnells, the Mitt Romneys, and their ilk added to a few pure RINOs and an RNC that too often insults our intelligence instead of getting behind the President and helping him accomplish his agenda that are the President's worst hindrance. The status quo has enriched and empowered them greatly, and they seem determined not to upset it. And it is necessary to upset it in order to accomplish the President's agenda.

Those of us who really embrace the concept of MAGA, don't really care that the President is occasionally petulant, sometimes tweets a positively cringeworthy comment, and sometimes has an unlikable side. Or we do care but it isn't a deal breaker for us. We understand and believe in his vision and agenda and appreciate the bulldog terrier in him and his willingness to put up with unprecedented hateful and dishonest opposition as he looks for ways to get it done.

And it occurred to me that those of us who support that vision and agenda may have to start really putting the pressure on McConnell, et al, to get behind it.

When I ran across this essay today, it really spoke to how I have been thinking and feeling:

Richard Viguerie and Craig Shirley: Trump’s next battle: McConnell and the GOP Swamp

With the Mueller report in his rearview mirror . . .

Trump can now turn his full attention to his policy agenda and the 2020 elections. His most consequential hindrance in Washington in this regard won’t be Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, nor Democrat House committee chairs Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y. Compared to the sophisticated Deep State attempt to take down the Trump presidency, Democrats in Congress will appear to Trump and his revved-up supporters as little more than a clown car show.

The next serious challenge Trump faces will be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the GOP swamp that he leads . . .​

Unless those of us who want lasting peace, prosperity, law and order, individual liberty and incentive etc. have the back of the President and those who share his vision, I genuinely fear for the future of our country.

I only hope there are enough of us to re-elect President Trump by a landslide in 2020.

Do you agree that if we want the President to succeed we have to have his back? The back of those who support him and/or his agenda? Do you agree that we need to push all Republicans and what honorable Democrats remain to get behind that agenda? And we should work to elect those who do even if it means replacing Republicans who are more hindrance than help to the President's agenda?

The poll is public and multiple choice and allows for changes in choices checked.

Donald Trump is not a conservative while Ronald Reagan was. The fact is that Trump's support lies in right wing hate groups, white supremacists and neo-nazis. The rest go along because power is more important to them than principle.

The fact is that intelligent people do not support Trump. You people are the morons. The fact is that Trump has shattered the Reagan coalition. Reagan won among men and women. Among rural voters and suburban voters. Among people with high school educations and 4 year degrees. He also won among young voters. Trump has lost suburban voters, women, educated people and young voters. In 2018, Republicans lost Blacks, Hispanics and Asians.

Ronald Reagan stood for mainstream conservatism and he was a canny judge of character even when he ignored it. Ronald Reagan's first instinct was Jack Kemp or Paul Laxalt for VP. He had no respect for Bush's political skills and ultimately was proven right in Bush's lousy campaign in 1992. Trump's political instincts show how clueless and stupid he is. Ronald Reagan did not disparage people from the White House because he had too much respect for it.

Ronald Reagan got things done and he didn't need to use reconciliation to ram things through. He did not use policy for political retaliation against states that did not support him. He navigated moderate Republicans to pass his initial tax cuts and later worked with Democrats to get tax reform passed. He got rid of tax loopholes for the rich unlike the tax reform Republicans passed.

Having the back of Donald Trump means supporting far right wing animals. It means putting up with bigoted rhetoric towards Muslims, Hispanics and women. That is a bridge too far. Trump has likely lost Michigan and Pennsylvania which means they have to thread a needle. A poll in Arizona shows Biden with a 5 point lead which suggests Arizona likely will be very close. Texas polls have suggested a race between Trump and Biden would be similar to the O'Rourke-Cruz race.

Despite the BS about wanting to further enrich himself, I believe that President Trump sincerely wants to reverse the country's decades of decline and make America great again. His methods are unorthodox, but they seem to be effective.

His opponents, on the other hand, have shown themselves to be the antithesis of every American ideal. They lie, cheat and steal at every opportunity and then blame others for their own misdeeds. Unfortunately, they have convinced a large number of Americans that this is virtuous behavior.

It is Trump who lies, cheats and steals. He is only concerned about himself.

Looking at it from a purely objective standpoint, awhile back I came to the conclusion that Trump's biggest obstacle is not the Democrats.

In my opinion, I have come to expect the Democrats to be angry, vindictive, irresponsible, hypocritical, intellectually dishonest, malicious, hateful, obstructive no matter who they hurt or how bad for the country because frankly that's pretty much all they have offered lately. They certainly don't offer any kind of agenda that won't make things far worse for most Americans and hurt the country much more than it offers any kind of defensible positive solutions.

But it is timid, feckless, and mostly self-serving members of the permanent political class in the Republican Party that are most dangerous to making America great again. The Paul Ryans, the Mitch McConnells, the Mitt Romneys, and their ilk added to a few pure RINOs and an RNC that too often insults our intelligence instead of getting behind the President and helping him accomplish his agenda that are the President's worst hindrance. The status quo has enriched and empowered them greatly, and they seem determined not to upset it. And it is necessary to upset it in order to accomplish the President's agenda.

Those of us who really embrace the concept of MAGA, don't really care that the President is occasionally petulant, sometimes tweets a positively cringeworthy comment, and sometimes has an unlikable side. Or we do care but it isn't a deal breaker for us. We understand and believe in his vision and agenda and appreciate the bulldog terrier in him and his willingness to put up with unprecedented hateful and dishonest opposition as he looks for ways to get it done.

And it occurred to me that those of us who support that vision and agenda may have to start really putting the pressure on McConnell, et al, to get behind it.

When I ran across this essay today, it really spoke to how I have been thinking and feeling:

Richard Viguerie and Craig Shirley: Trump’s next battle: McConnell and the GOP Swamp

Trump can now turn his full attention to his policy agenda and the 2020 elections. His most consequential hindrance in Washington in this regard won’t be Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, nor Democrat House committee chairs Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y. Compared to the sophisticated Deep State attempt to take down the Trump presidency, Democrats in Congress will appear to Trump and his revved-up supporters as little more than a clown car show.

The next serious challenge Trump faces will be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the GOP swamp that he leads . . .​

Unless those of us who want lasting peace, prosperity, law and order, individual liberty and incentive etc. have the back of the President and those who share his vision, I genuinely fear for the future of our country.

I only hope there are enough of us to re-elect President Trump by a landslide in 2020.

Do you agree that if we want the President to succeed we have to have his back? The back of those who support him and/or his agenda? Do you agree that we need to push all Republicans and what honorable Democrats remain to get behind that agenda? And we should work to elect those who do even if it means replacing Republicans who are more hindrance than help to the President's agenda?

The poll is public and multiple choice and allows for changes in choices checked.

Donald Trump is not a conservative while Ronald Reagan was. The fact is that Trump's support lies in right wing hate groups, white supremacists and neo-nazis. The rest go along because power is more important to them than principle.

The fact is that intelligent people do not support Trump. You people are the morons. The fact is that Trump has shattered the Reagan coalition. Reagan won among men and women. Among rural voters and suburban voters. Among people with high school educations and 4 year degrees. He also won among young voters. Trump has lost suburban voters, women, educated people and young voters. In 2018, Republicans lost Blacks, Hispanics and Asians.

Ronald Reagan stood for mainstream conservatism and he was a canny judge of character even when he ignored it. Ronald Reagan's first instinct was Jack Kemp or Paul Laxalt for VP. He had no respect for Bush's political skills and ultimately was proven right in Bush's lousy campaign in 1992. Trump's political instincts show how clueless and stupid he is. Ronald Reagan did not disparage people from the White House because he had too much respect for it.

Ronald Reagan got things done and he didn't need to use reconciliation to ram things through. He did not use policy for political retaliation against states that did not support him. He navigated moderate Republicans to pass his initial tax cuts and later worked with Democrats to get tax reform passed. He got rid of tax loopholes for the rich unlike the tax reform Republicans passed.

Having the back of Donald Trump means supporting far right wing animals. It means putting up with bigoted rhetoric towards Muslims, Hispanics and women. That is a bridge too far. Trump has likely lost Michigan and Pennsylvania which means they have to thread a needle. A poll in Arizona shows Biden with a 5 point lead which suggests Arizona likely will be very close. Texas polls have suggested a race between Trump and Biden would be similar to the O'Rourke-Cruz race.

In b4 baby Trump in your head stabs your brain with fork 3x, making you say "ouch". Are we going to have to open up TDS hospitals? wtf?

Who's the president of the United States, moron?

1atdscrew.gif

Trump is the anti-Reagan.

Amnesty Reagan is world's apart from Don 'Bad Mexicans's Trump.

The only thing that binds them is their corruption and willingness to lie.

Aside from that, they're worlds apart.

Last edited:

Trmp is the anti-Reagan.

Amnesty Reagan did us white and black folks a bad disservice by granting 3 million illegal aliens amnesty to take our jobs, in exchange for a promise of the border being secured. (by a Democrat Congress)

(1986)

30+ years later, the motherfuckin' border still isn't secured!

What the fuck is up with that?! What's that? You say Democrats don't make good on promises? Well I can believe that!

Hate of Trump has torn the country apart, not Trump himself. You are a prime example.

Hatred of what the Trumpybear says and does is part of it, but to ignore the hate he has inspired is to be willfully blind to reality.
Do you think Mexico and Central America are sending their best?

Who in those countries is it that you believe is sending them? It also depend on what you consider best? Is it hard working people who want to better themselves and their families by working hard and keeping their nose to the grindstone? Then yeah, I've known a lot of those kind of people who come from those places. Nobody sent them. They chose to come.

So no EBT or SNAP for refugees right from the beginning, right? Come with a nest egg or go home, amirite? That's how it was for a non-blood uncle of mine in the 30s. He came here and made it bigtime. What are these "asylum seekers" bringing to the table? Disease and mooching off the system? Fuck that shit!

I have no problem feeding mothers and children. Able bodies should be working. I admit I'm prejudiced. I met them through working. I didn't met the slugs. Tag um and put them to work. Did I say tag? ops.....

Wow that's the biggest load of horse shit I've read in quite some time.

Reagan got things done just like Trump does. Both were members of the GOP.

Neither were politicians which is why they were and are so successful.

You really need to polish your I hate Trump badge and wear it. You sure are a whiny little shit.

Ronald Reagan was more hated by the radical left than Nixon ever was. And they worked almost as hard to destroy him as they are working to destroy President Trump. The only difference is that there were still enough honorable Democrats unwilling to participate in malicious hypocrisy to buffer that a bit, and most of the media was still doing respectable journalism.

As far as your other comments, I'll just add those to the roster of the group afflicted with DTS and unable to think for themselves beyond parroting the assigned talking points.

And let me save you some time. The DTS crowd pretty much describes all Trump or Trump agenda supporters as:

RACIST
Prejudiced
Bigoted
Deplorable
Hateful
Nazi
Fascist
Violent
White Supremacist
Sexist
Xenophobic
Fear brown people
Islamophobic
Homophobic
Christian sharia
Basement dwellers
Birthers
Misogynistic
Teabaggers
Greedy
Uncaring
Insensitive
Hate the poor
Want to keep the poor in poverty
Violate every person's bedroom and every woman's womb
Smelly Walmart people
Low information
Uneducated
Unscientific
Environmentally irresponsible
Clinging to their guns and religion
and white women vote according to how their husbands, bosses, sons tell them to vote.
Brainwashed

Let me know if I left anything out. I give credit for creativity because there seems to be precious little of it.

Trmp is the anti-Reagan.

Amnesty Reagan did us white and black folks a bad disservice by granting 3 million illegal aliens amnesty to take our jobs, in exchange for a promise of the border being secured. (by a Democrat Congress)

(1986)

30+ years later, the motherfuckin' border still isn't secured!

What the fuck is up with that?! What's that? You say Democrats don't make good on promises? Well I can believe that!

Yup. He granted amnesty and if the Dem's had done what they were supposed to do it would have been a success. Since they didn't it turned into a monster.

Just another reason to never trust Dems to do as they say they will. Bush 1 could tell you the same story if he were still alive.

I mainly support the president in his involuntary policy of NOT being Hillary Clinton.

We dodged a huge bullet. All else is gravy.

To impeach him for allegedly obstructing an investigation into something that is not a crime seems a bit coup-ish.

You can't find something in his agenda or accomplishments to date to appreciate, get behind, support?

I cant as of this point. Every time he seens as if he will offer something I could support (which is rare) he reverses or lies. Most of his agenda is too far to the right and my feelings on the Reoubs and Trump pretty much ech yours on the Dems. Most of the presidents positions are the antithesis of mine and destroying our country.

You oppose more money in the pockets of working Americans?

You oppose efforts to stop the crisis on the border?

You oppose great numbers in increases in construction and manufacturing jobs that are the backbone of a healthy and lasting good economy?

You oppose millions of people having good paying full time jobs with benefits again instead of making do on fewer hours than they need or working multiple part time jobs?

You oppose trade deals that give American a fair deal?

You oppose record or near record unemployment numbers in virtually EVERY category, men, women, minorities, high school grads, high school drop outs that anybody in the world would envy and that are pulling people out of poverty, off food stamps, increasing individual and family income and wealth with lower income people seeing the greatest advances?

You oppose strengthening our military which is the world's best chance for lasting peace?

I'm sorry but the only ones I see as intent on destroying the country are those who would do away with all that out of their hatred for President Trump.

Do working Americans have more money, and is it an increase greater than seen under other administrations?

One can oppose the particular efforts being used without being opposed to improving border security. :dunno:

Are there "great numbers in increases in construction and manufacturing jobs"? I haven't seen anything indicating some sort of large increase recently, but I haven't been looking for it. If there are such increases, was it Trump who caused it to happen, and how?

Are there millions of people who did not have full time jobs under the previous administration who do now? Are there millions more people now than under the previous administration with full time jobs? If so, how is Trump responsible?

One can disagree that the trade deals made under this administration "give America[n] a fair deal." :dunno:

How is Trump responsible for low unemployment numbers?

One can certainly disagree that strengthening the US military "is the world's best chance for lasting peace."

Do you honestly think that opposing Trump means one is "intent on destroying the country"?

Your questions are based on conclusions that, clearly, not everyone will agree with. They may not be quite as leading as 'When did you stop beating your wife?', but it's the same idea. They aren't asking an opinion about any particular policy, they start with the basis that certain things are true and good, then question why someone doesn't want those good things.

Opposing the policies promoted by the president doesn't mean someone must be intent on destroying the country, nor does it mean they oppose the various conclusions you've made in your questions.

I also think that the credit you seem to be giving the president for various characteristics or statistics about the country is indicative of how the executive branch has gotten too much power over the years. Put simply, I was under the impression that the executive's job was the enforcement of policy, but so many in the country seem to think the executive is responsible for creating policy, as well. I sometimes wonder how many US citizens would actually be comfortable eliminating Congress altogether and just putting the legislative power in the executive.

I don't like Trump. He's a ridiculous braggart. That doesn't mean I can't support the same policies he does, though. Unfortunately, despite how often people like to say he's not a politician, he seems very much like a politician to me. He's just more of a raw, unpolished one. Like other presidents before him, I don't see any particular reason to believe he's truly concerned with the country or its citizens, rather than himself.

Forum List

Back