Time to End Birthright Citizenship?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
This is an anachronism from the 18th Century when our country was first being formed, reiterated after the Civil War to guarantee citizenship for former slaves. Modernly, it serves no purpose other than providing a way to circumvent our immigration laws.

Birthright citizenship should only apply to the children of U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Agree?

This is an anachronism from the 18th Century when our country was first being formed, reiterated after the Civil War to guarantee citizenship for former slaves. Modernly, it serves no purpose other than providing a way to circumvent our immigration laws.

Birthright citizenship should only apply to the children of U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Agree?

Well that would be a big government solution- since it would require that parents provide proof of citizenship or permanent residency to the government when their children are born- but other than that I don't oppose a Constitutional Amendment to make that change.

Well that would be a big government solution- since it would require that parents provide proof of citizenship or permanent residency to the government when their children are born- but other than that I don't oppose a Constitutional Amendment to make that change.
So fuckin' what?

No, not permanent residents either. Just US citizens.

Two Mexicans make a Mexican. Two Americans make an American.

It does not matter who agrees with you, it will not happen as long as the far left are allowed to hold any political power..
Don't compromise your reasoning by believing only the "left" will support birthright citizenship. There are many politicians on the "right" who will support it as a pandering gesture to voters who are sympathetic to the immigrant invasion. Most politicians, both "left" and "right" will support infanticide if they believe it will attract votes.

It does not matter who agrees with you, it will not happen as long as the far left are allowed to hold any political power..
Don't compromise your reasoning by believing only the "left" will support birthright citizenship. There are many politicians on the "right" who will support it as a pandering gesture to voters who are sympathetic to the immigrant invasion. Most politicians, both "left" and "right" will support infanticide if they believe it will attract votes.

Once you remove the far left religion from political power then the world will change for the better..

Yes, it is long overdue. The House GOP submitted a bill early this year to do just that. Giving our birthright citizenship to children of illegal aliens makes a mockery of it and the writer's of the 14th Amendment never intended it that way anyway. It's merely been a PC policy never addressed by the Supreme Court.

I think we should create exams to earn citizenship. They can be administered when a child is able to read and write, between 3rd and 6th grade maybe. The child gets zero constitutional rights until he passes, and if by 18 they still cannot they get deported. This will ensure all children born in this country are adequate, and not just illegal freeloaders or redneck yokels who are going to die as meth addicts. The test can be administered every 5 years in case someone has become an undesirable during that time.

I think we should create exams to earn citizenship. They can be administered when a child is able to read and write, between 3rd and 6th grade maybe. The child gets zero constitutional rights until he passes, and if by 18 they still cannot they get deported. This will ensure all children born in this country are adequate, and not just illegal freeloaders or redneck yokels who are going to die as meth addicts. The test can be administered every 5 years in case someone has become an undesirable during that time.

And there's the Stupid Idea of the Day!

I understand how an anti-American liberal would think that.

Are you one?

Are you one?
Never you commie dog!

Are you one?
Never you commie dog!

You must be, because you seem to be talking to yourself. Time to adjust the meds?

Are you one?
Never you commie dog!

You must be, because you seem to be talking to yourself. Time to adjust the meds?
You would fail the test. That's why you're so upset.

I think it's a good idea if they are in this country ILLEGALLY

name another country that allows illegals this privilege

Are you one?
Never you commie dog!

You would fail the test. That's why you're so upset.

Wrong again, fool. You democrats never learn , do you?

Forum List

Back