Time: Liberals are more intelligent

BTW- Jimmy Carter had a slightly higher IQ than President Obama, both are Nobel Peace Prize winners, both had a filibuster proof senate and accomplished NOTHING, both are extremely POOR leaders, both have lost TREMENDOUS respect and both will be ONE TERM ONLY PRESIDENTS no matter how high their IQ's are. LOLOLOL

I'm mystified why you guys keep repeating that.

Republicans are 95% one race and one religion and a similar educational background.

Democrats are made up of blacks, browns, whites, gays, feminists, liberals, conservatives, old and young, rich, poor, educated and uneducated, Christians, Muslims, Hindus and .....

Democrats do NOT march in lockstep the way that Republicans do. It's absolutely ludicrous to compare such wildly different political parties.

How easy it is for Republicans to "simplify" things. They speak "simple". It's the language of "simpletons".

Dean you know that's not true...at least when discussing the most recent incarnation of Congress.

The Democrats fielded conservative "Blue Dog" candidates in traditionally red states and districts.

The Blue Dogs' clout arises from simple math -- they account for 52 seats in the House, enough to topple any law in cooperation with Republicans -- and some irony.

Hungry to retake Congress, Democrats actively recruited moderate candidates in conservative districts. The strategy was strikingly successful in recapturing the majority. But now the Democrats are learning the price as they try to enact their agenda.

Last edited:
BTW- Jimmy Carter had a slightly higher IQ than President Obama, both are Nobel Peace Prize winners, both had a filibuster proof senate and accomplished NOTHING, both are extremely POOR leaders, both have lost TREMENDOUS respect and both will be ONE TERM ONLY PRESIDENTS no matter how high their IQ's are. LOLOLOL

I'm mystified why you guys keep repeating that.

Republicans are 95% one race and one religion and a similar educational background.

Democrats are made up of blacks, browns, whites, gays, feminists, liberals, conservatives, old and young, rich, poor, educated and uneducated, Christians, Muslims, Hindus and .....

Democrats do NOT march in lockstep the way that Republicans do. It's absolutely ludicrous to compare such wildly different political parties.

How easy it is for Republicans to "simplify" things. They speak "simple". It's the language of "simpletons".

You are mystified why we keep saying that?? We do, because it is absolutely true. Obama is a failed President already, it took Carter a little more time, but Obama no longer has the ear of his OWN party, he is being ignored and it only gets worse from here. Democrats know full well that he is attempting to get them to jump off the cliff on his health care proposal while he stands and watches. Their political careers are over should they pass his plan. How could ANYONE respect ANYONE who would wreck their careers??? :cuckoo::cuckoo: You will see NOTHING accomplished with this President, I saw this with Jimmy Carter, was there when it happened, we are headed right down that same road again.

What he is asking his own party to do is akin to having a co-worker pressure you into stealing from the cash register, while you have a camera on you and attemting to convince you that you won't be fired for it. Would you respect that person???? If you want to keep your job, you wouldn't, you would put that person on ignore and that's exactly what's happening with this President.

Last edited:
Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME

<excerpt>
So, are liberals smarter? Kanazawa quotes from two surveys that support the hypothesis that liberals are more intelligent. One is the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, which is often called Add Health. The other is the General Social Survey (GSS). The Add Health study shows that the mean IQ of adolescents who identify themselves as "very liberal" is 106, compared with a mean IQ of 95 for those calling themselves "very conservative." The Add Health study is huge — more than 20,000 kids — and this difference is highly significant from a statistical point of view.

Read more: Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME

from the same piece...

The GSS data are instructive here: Kanazawa found that more-intelligent GSS respondents (as measured by a quick but highly reliable synonym test) were less likely to agree that the government has a responsibility to reduce income and wealth differences. In other words, intelligent people might like to portray themselves as liberal. But in the end, they know that it's good to be the king.

Are these the same liberal academics who claim IQ tests are biased towards white folk

See the chitlin test

fuckin idiots!

Don't remember what they claimed my IQ is. Never did think it was all that important.

What is important is todays numbers for our dear Mr Obama.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm-euFpRLMg]YouTube - JJ Cale and Leon Russel - Going Down[/ame]

Overall, 43% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. That is the lowest level of total approval yet measured for this President.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports

You are mystified why we keep saying that?? We do, because it is absolutely true. Obama is a failed President already, it took Carter a little more time, but Obama no longer has the ear of his OWN party, he is being ignored and it only gets worse from here. Democrats know full well that he is attempting to get them to jump off the cliff on his health care proposal while he stands and watches. Their political careers are over should they pass his plan. How could ANYONE respect ANYONE who would wreck their careers??? :cuckoo::cuckoo: You will see NOTHING accomplished with this President, I saw this with Jimmy Carter, was there when it happened, we are headed right down that same road again.

What he is asking his own party to do is akin to having a co-worker pressure you into stealing from the cash register, while you have a camera on you and attemting to convince you that you won't be fired for it. Would you respect that person???? If you want to keep your job, you wouldn't, you would put that person on ignore and that's exactly what's happening with this President.

This is a very separatist, drawn out, opinion.

You shouldn't be offended by the IQ thing either. IQ is bullshit and is about thought process and speed, not intelligence. The difference of 5 or 6 points in the study could be that the average age of the republicans was higher, thus slower thinking.

You shouldn't be offended by the IQ thing either. IQ is bullshit and is about thought process and speed, not intelligence. The difference of 5 or 6 points in the study could be that the average age of the republicans was higher, thus slower thinking.

Drawn out opinion??? -- and yours isn't??? I am not offended by the IQ thing but I think it's very demonstrative of the liberal mindset to do this on ADOLESCENTS whose age range from 13 to 17 years old. Who could care less about conservative vs. liberal point of views and in fact have zero knowledge of either. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Take away those states producing oil and neither red nor blue have much to crow about.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/state-strain.png

I agree with you to a certain extent, but there is no denying the corralation between Blue states and the hightest deficits.

many-eyes-2.jpg

In both maps, the states that voted for Obama are highlighted in orange. While there are several states that went for McCain facing huge deficits (such as his home state, Arizona), Obama states have a vastly higher per capita budget deficit. Republican-voting states face an average of $162 in deficit per person, come 2010. Obama’s turf faces a collective shortfall three times as large: $476 per person.

Drawn out opinion??? -- and yours isn't??? I am not offended by the IQ thing but I think it's very demonstrative of the liberal mindset to do this on ADOLESCENTS whose age range from 13 to 17 years old. Who could care less about conservative vs. liberal point of views and in fact have zero knowledge of either. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

The reason your statement was a drawn out opinion is because you tried to predict the future of the country and the president based on your opinion.

Take away those states producing oil and neither red nor blue have much to crow about.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but there is no denying the corralation between Blue states and the hightest deficits.

many-eyes-2.jpg

In both maps, the states that voted for Obama are highlighted in orange. While there are several states that went for McCain facing huge deficits (such as his home state, Arizona), Obama states have a vastly higher per capita budget deficit. Republican-voting states face an average of $162 in deficit per person, come 2010. Obama’s turf faces a collective shortfall three times as large: $476 per person.

I think it's a little quick to assume such a thing. First of all, that map isn't correct. Second of all, population size looks like it has a lot to do with it as well.

The reason your statement was a drawn out opinion is because you tried to predict the future of the country and the president based on your opinion.

I am attempting to predict the future??? Of course I am, I already predicted the Virginia and New Jersey gubenatorial elections and I was pretty darn sure of the out come in Massachusetts. Right on all 3 counts, here's another, Conservatives will win the house and the senate come this November and again Obama is a one termer. He is already a LAME DUCK president even though he holds majorities in both houses.:lol:

Oh and I am waiting for the results from the idiots who did this test on ADOLESCENTS to come out with the test on 5 year olds. Certainly by now, 5 year olds should know whether they are conservatives or liberals..:lol::lol:

many-eyes-2.jpg

In both maps, the states that voted for Obama are highlighted in orange. While there are several states that went for McCain facing huge deficits (such as his home state, Arizona), Obama states have a vastly higher per capita budget deficit. Republican-voting states face an average of $162 in deficit per person, come 2010. Obama&#8217;s turf faces a collective shortfall three times as large: $476 per person.

I think it's a little quick to assume such a thing. First of all, that map isn't correct. Second of all, population size looks like it has a lot to do with it as well.

What did you find in error?

The shortfall is calculated per capita, which should offset the population disparity.

Also, larger populations with smaller land mass should produce SMALLER deficits as they have a larger tax base and smaller infrastructure demands.

That said, I agree that it is possible that other factors are at play...yet the correlation is undeniable.

Last edited:

many-eyes-2.jpg

What did you find in error?

The shortfall is calculated per capita, which should offset the population disparity.

Also, larger populations with smaller land mass should produce SMALLER deficits as they have a larger tax base and smaller infrastructure demands.

That said, I agree that it is possible that other factors are at play...yet the correlation is undeniable.

I think it would better to go by the governor of that state, rather than which president they voted for.

<excerpt>
So, are liberals smarter? Kanazawa quotes from two surveys that support the hypothesis that liberals are more intelligent. One is the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, which is often called Add Health. The other is the General Social Survey (GSS). The Add Health study shows that the mean IQ of adolescents who identify themselves as "very liberal" is 106, compared with a mean IQ of 95 for those calling themselves "very conservative." The Add Health study is huge — more than 20,000 kids — and this difference is highly significant from a statistical point of view.

Shouldn't this be posted in the Humor thread?

:eusa_hand:

<excerpt>

Shouldn't this be posted in the Humor thread?

:eusa_hand:

Yep!!:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back