Time: Liberals are more intelligent

I'm an engineer and I've never taken an IQ test. Probably most Republcians haven't taken one either.

Besides, it doesn't matter. IQ only rates "potential", not what you've done with that potential. Is someone whose IQ is average, but they have applied themselves and are making a good living and supporting a family "smarter" than a brilliant "dishwasher"? I would say yes.

We had a PHD in paleontology working in the stock room because it was the only job he could find. Eventually, he was able to get a job "teaching" at a university. From the stock room to the university.

So, when he was working in the stock room and a service technician was making twice his salary, who was smarter? How about when he started teaching and his salary was suddenly twice the service technician's? Then who is smarter.

You see, it's all relative. IQ doesn't mean anything beyond a rating of possible potential.

The real smarts is education and creativity and how you've applied them.

Holy Shit!!!....Dean actually said something that was ...kinda normal....:eek:....see Dean, when you pull your head out like i have been asking....things are much clearer ....lets see how long this will last....

I'm mystified why you guys keep repeating that.

Republicans are 95% one race and one religion and a similar educational background.

Democrats are made up of blacks, browns, whites, gays, feminists, liberals, conservatives, old and young, rich, poor, educated and uneducated, Christians, Muslims, Hindus and .....

Democrats do NOT march in lockstep the way that Republicans do. It's absolutely ludicrous to compare such wildly different political parties.

How easy it is for Republicans to "simplify" things. They speak "simple". It's the language of "simpletons".

well that did not last long.....

I think it's a little quick to assume such a thing. First of all, that map isn't correct. Second of all, population size looks like it has a lot to do with it as well.

What did you find in error?

The shortfall is calculated per capita, which should offset the population disparity.

Also, larger populations with smaller land mass should produce SMALLER deficits as they have a larger tax base and smaller infrastructure demands.

That said, I agree that it is possible that other factors are at play...yet the correlation is undeniable.

I think it would better to go by the governor of that state, rather than which president they voted for.

It's much more likely the make up of state legislatures would have a larger influence on deficits.

With one or two outliers like the aforementioned Arizona and Georgia...the results remain the same.

Democrat control of both houses of the legislatures yield the highest deficits.

And states where Democrat controlled both houses of the legislatures were also predominantly the states that went for Obama.

Same conclusion...different path.

I guess next week NRO can publish a story that reinforces a conservative conceit, like, "Conservatives are more morally righteous" and the rest of the media will latch onto it because it's true. Right?

Yeah, I didn't think so, either

Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME

<excerpt>
So, are liberals smarter? Kanazawa quotes from two surveys that support the hypothesis that liberals are more intelligent. One is the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, which is often called Add Health. The other is the General Social Survey (GSS). The Add Health study shows that the mean IQ of adolescents who identify themselves as "very liberal" is 106, compared with a mean IQ of 95 for those calling themselves "very conservative." The Add Health study is huge — more than 20,000 kids — and this difference is highly significant from a statistical point of view.

Read more: Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME

---:lol::lol::lol:-- Yeah we can sure see that with this latest news---:lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V_kSMKKZFw]YouTube - Paul Ryan slams the Democratic Health Care Bill[/ame]

Apparently liberals still can't do ADDITION.

Forum List

Back