Time: Liberals are more intelligent

After reading this article I started to laugh because they even threw in all the stereotypes that liberals are weak smart nerds while conservatives are strong ape-men. It was hilarious and I enjoyed the article. I hope time keeps writing more humorous articles like this so that we dumb republicans can laugh at the funnies. LOL

The jury may be out on whether conservatives are less intelligent than liberals, but there's evidence that they may be physically stronger. Last year, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences published a fascinating paper by Aaron Sell, John Tooby and Leda Cosmides of the Center for Evolutionary Psychology at the University of California at Santa Barbara. The authors measured the strength of 343 students using weight-lifting machines at a gym. The participating students completed questionnaires designed to measure, among other things, their proneness to anger, their history of fighting and their fondness for aggression as a way to solve both individual and geopolitical problems.

Read more: Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME

Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME

<excerpt>
So, are liberals smarter? Kanazawa quotes from two surveys that support the hypothesis that liberals are more intelligent. One is the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, which is often called Add Health. The other is the General Social Survey (GSS). The Add Health study shows that the mean IQ of adolescents who identify themselves as "very liberal" is 106, compared with a mean IQ of 95 for those calling themselves "very conservative." The Add Health study is huge — more than 20,000 kids — and this difference is highly significant from a statistical point of view.

Read more: Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME

You are aware that MOST teens identify themselves as Liberal? It is only after they get some life experience they realize the Liberal bullshit does not fly, unless they are wealthy or go into permanent school mode.

Usual bullshit by the left. Ohh look we are smarter, we are so smart we can not lead, can not pass legislation when we have overwhelming majorities in both houses of Congress and are so smart those DUMB Conservatives keep beating us out for President in the modern age.

Wall Street Bankers, Insurance executives, Enrons CEO and CFO, Board of Directors for the members of the oil cartels, big pharma and big farma - yep, those damn liberals take all our money.:cuckoo:

they are doing a dam good job of it in our State aint they Wry....:eusa_eh:

So your state is the standard by which all crooks are judged?

read what we were talking about Tl....the part i bolded....the topic wasnt about Crooks....all those bastards are....Wry was saying apparently the Dems are not taking anyone's money.....im saying they are doing a good job of it here in Ca.....

Last edited:
Wall Street Bankers, Insurance executives, Enrons CEO and CFO, Board of Directors for the members of the oil cartels, big pharma and big farma - yep, those damn liberals take all our money.:cuckoo:

they are doing a dam good job of it in our State aint they Wry....:eusa_eh:

Oh yeah...by the way, smarter than conservatives liberal...it's DAMN...not DAM...genius.

let me see if i spell this right.....FUCK YOU.....is that ok?....did i pass your spelling quiz asshole?...

When reading become a problem...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEroGys1bSs]YouTube - Obama says he will AX not ask - Video[/ame]

I'm waiting for leaked emails that say lets take every communist trait and make it seem better that way they be more like us.

I'm just waiting for emails from Republican leaders saying, "Scew middle America" or "Don't feed poor children or they'll breed".

Oh wait, they already said that. Ok, nevermind.

Well, let's just get down to it. What is YOUR I.Q.?

Mine is 137. Based on 2 tests in school that I remember 135 and 138, my military score 136, and a test for a job 140.

And don't lie, rightwingers...please...

Mine is 137. Based on 2 tests in school that I remember 135 and 138, my military score 136, and a test for a job 140.

I'm an engineer and I've never taken an IQ test. Probably most Republcians haven't taken one either.

Besides, it doesn't matter. IQ only rates "potential", not what you've done with that potential. Is someone whose IQ is average, but they have applied themselves and are making a good living and supporting a family "smarter" than a brilliant "dishwasher"? I would say yes.

We had a PHD in paleontology working in the stock room because it was the only job he could find. Eventually, he was able to get a job "teaching" at a university. From the stock room to the university.

So, when he was working in the stock room and a service technician was making twice his salary, who was smarter? How about when he started teaching and his salary was suddenly twice the service technician's? Then who is smarter.

You see, it's all relative. IQ doesn't mean anything beyond a rating of possible potential.

The real smarts is education and creativity and how you've applied them.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo impressed, you are intimidating me now.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Who gives a shit- what part of " Adolescents,' do you not get????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pretty soon these liberals will be running liberal, conservative tests on 5 years olds, I can hardly wait for those results. LOLOLOL

Last edited:
BTW- Jimmy Carter had a slightly higher IQ than President Obama, both are Nobel Peace Prize winners, both had a filibuster proof senate and accomplished NOTHING, both are extremely POOR leaders, both have lost TREMENDOUS respect and both will be ONE TERM ONLY PRESIDENTS no matter how high their IQ's are. LOLOLOL

I'm sure they spotted you 50 pts when you told them you were liberal.

I'm an engineer and I've never taken an IQ test. Probably most Republcians haven't taken one either.

Besides, it doesn't matter. IQ only rates "potential", not what you've done with that potential. Is someone whose IQ is average, but they have applied themselves and are making a good living and supporting a family "smarter" than a brilliant "dishwasher"? I would say yes.

We had a PHD in paleontology working in the stock room because it was the only job he could find. Eventually, he was able to get a job "teaching" at a university. From the stock room to the university.

So, when he was working in the stock room and a service technician was making twice his salary, who was smarter? How about when he started teaching and his salary was suddenly twice the service technician's? Then who is smarter.

You see, it's all relative. IQ doesn't mean anything beyond a rating of possible potential.

Whether people like it or not, IQ tests are very important. And yes you've taken them although you might not have known they are rarely called IQ tests by name. They are used in schools for evaluation and placement, for scholarships, for jobs, by the military, etc., etc.

They have also shown that IQ test are pretty subjective themselves because the test giver creates the questions and then scores them. What form or shape those questions take could depend on how the test giver thinks makes a person smarter.

For example: A painter who can't do math but can do paint really well won't score really high on those test. The painter might think he is a genius so he could write a test out that compares his intellect to others so he test them on their ability to paint. This makes IQ test subjective to a certain degree.

BTW- Jimmy Carter had a slightly higher IQ than President Obama, both are Nobel Peace Prize winners, both had a filibuster proof senate and accomplished NOTHING, both are extremely POOR leaders, both have lost TREMENDOUS respect and both will be ONE TERM ONLY PRESIDENTS no matter how high their IQ's are. LOLOLOL

I'm mystified why you guys keep repeating that.

Republicans are 95% one race and one religion and a similar educational background.

Democrats are made up of blacks, browns, whites, gays, feminists, liberals, conservatives, old and young, rich, poor, educated and uneducated, Christians, Muslims, Hindus and .....

Democrats do NOT march in lockstep the way that Republicans do. It's absolutely ludicrous to compare such wildly different political parties.

How easy it is for Republicans to "simplify" things. They speak "simple". It's the language of "simpletons".

Whether people like it or not, IQ tests are very important. And yes you've taken them although you might not have known they are rarely called IQ tests by name. They are used in schools for evaluation and placement, for scholarships, for jobs, by the military, etc., etc.

Einstein was a C student.

I have to be honest I am clueless as to what intelligence is, I have worked in all sorts of positions in life from slave to boss of the slave's bosses and there are people who can do the New York Times crossword puzzle but have a hard time changing light bulbs. I had/have people who worked with/for me with advanced degrees from preppy schools who I would trade for some inarticulate HS grad who can get the job done right the first time and isn't burdened with what if questions. But of course being a liberal I know this OP to be true. ;)

I have to be honest I am clueless as to what intelligence is, I have worked in all sorts of positions in life from slave to boss of the slave's bosses and there are people who can do the New York Times crossword puzzle but have a hard time changing light bulbs. I had/have people who worked with/for me with advanced degrees from preppy schools who I would trade for some inarticulate HS grad who can get the job done right the first time and isn't burdened with what if questions. But of course being a liberal I know this OP to be true. ;)

That is a good point. I generally find that IQ is really wrapped up in our ability to communicate/understand with others. A person who can learn fast usually can understand what the teacher is communicating to them. Its a kind of mental resonance someone might have with others hence the term "great minds think alike".

I have seen this happen to where smart people who can write brilliant essays can't even work at a fast food place or someone can run a business yet not even have the ability to complete high school or people who became millionaires and can't read. George Washington could lead men to battle yet is not recorded to ever have came up with great ideas like the Jefferson did in the declaration of independence.

I do think that there is a link between intelligence and less violence. Some of the brightest people I have ever known usually are not forceful in their point of view but seem to be able to connect with others and create a mutual understanding in the group. But that could be a trait in good leadership as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back