Time for the NAACP to condemn the racists within its ranks…

"Either the spirit of the abolitionists, of Lincoln and of Love-joy must be revived and we must come to treat the Negro on a plane of absolute political and social equality.

The NAACP does not want the Negro to be treated as a equal:

71907071.jpg

In the summer of 1908, the country was shocked by the account of the race riots at Springfield, Illinois. Here, in the home of Abraham Lincoln, a mob containing many of the town's "best citizens," raged for two days, killed and wounded scores of Negroes, and drove thousands from the city. Articles on the subject appeared in newspapers and magazines. Among them was one in the Independent of September 3rd, by William English Walling, entitled "Race War in the North." After describing the atrocities committed against the colored people, Mr. Walling declared:

"Either the spirit of the abolitionists, of Lincoln and of Love-joy must be revived and we must come to treat the Negro on a plane of absolute political and social equality

Obviously a racist organization

Was Byrd in Congress yet.........

In the summer of 1908, the country was shocked by the account of the race riots at Springfield, Illinois. Here, in the home of Abraham Lincoln, a mob containing many of the town's "best citizens," raged for two days, killed and wounded scores of Negroes, and drove thousands from the city. Articles on the subject appeared in newspapers and magazines. Among them was one in the Independent of September 3rd, by William English Walling, entitled "Race War in the North." After describing the atrocities committed against the colored people, Mr. Walling declared:

"Either the spirit of the abolitionists, of Lincoln and of Love-joy must be revived and we must come to treat the Negro on a plane of absolute political and social equality

Odd how you seemed to gravitate to that passage...and still miss the point. But for you? Typical...and unsurprising Norton...YOU are a mental case.:eusa_whistle:

Odd how you seemed to gravitate to that passage...and still miss the point. But for you? Typical...and unsurprising Norton...YOU are a mental case.:eusa_whistle:

why don't you cite the passage you think supports your idiocy?

why don't you cite the passage you think supports your idiocy?

Why don't YOU go read it and learn something?

?

Why don't YOU go read it and learn something?

as always, you are behind the curve, seen any UFO's recently?

Translation?

"I don't care about history"...

i have a charitable moment, tardomat.

i have already read the history of the naacp. i know when it was founded, i know who founded it, i know who can join, i know when they invited farrakhan to speak at their annual conference, i know where this conference took place, i know when it took place, i know a lot of other stuff. you don't. that is why you are behind the curve.

?
?

as always, you are behind the curve, seen any UFO's recently?

Translation?

"I don't care about history"...

i have a charitable moment, tardomat.

i have already read the history of the naacp. i know when it was founded, i know who founded it, i know who can join, i know when they invited farrakhan to speak at their annual conference, i know where this conference took place, i know when it took place, i know a lot of other stuff. you don't. that is why you are behind the curve.

So that means what in relation to the OP?

It has turned into something it was never intended to be.

It has become as rascist as the year is long. Wake up.

from my brief research, all the links indicate there was a 1997 unity summit that farraakhan spoke at

your links do nothing to dispel that....care to try again?

read my link, you extremely unclever slob.

and since you seem so interested in media bias, ask yourself why this video is everywhere right now, and why most links point to 1997, if at all.

i did your links....so farrakhan only spoke ONE time at an naacp meeting/summit?

why would all the links say 1997....there is nothing to gain to say 1997 vs. 1994

care to enlighten us o great and clever one

from my brief research, all the links indicate there was a 1997 unity summit that farraakhan spoke at

and since you seem so interested in media bias, ask yourself why this video is everywhere right now, and why most links point to 1997, if at all.

i did your links....so farrakhan only spoke ONE time at an naacp meeting/summit?

it has verbatim quotes. did you read the nytimes article and watch the video?

Farakkhan is in the NAACP??

Got proof?

the naacp sure didn't mind having the racist speak at their convention and you can tell from the crowd that MANY people IN the naacp applaud his remarks...

why is it they don't call out his racism?

Still not proof he is in the NAACP

Got a date on that clip?

clip 1:24
Farakkhan
"they included me as a member of the family"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYame5yVkuw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Farrakhan NAACP[/ame]

why would all the links say 1997....there is nothing to gain to say 1997 vs. 1994

care to enlighten us o great and clever one

i guess, someone made the initial mistake, and everyone else just followed, without checking.
the significance lies in the fallout of the farrakhan speech. the million man march was in 1995. organized by farrakhan. the naacp had big problems hopping on farrakhans wagon. that the naacp had problems with the noi and farrakhan especially should be clear, too if you had watched the video. so the naacp was not just applauding farrakhan and endorsing him. but those nuances and facts are inconvenient.

of course not....i don't read or watch drivel

i'm cracking up at how HARD you have worked to show that video wasn't 1997....i'm mean, what an important "issue" :lol:

the naacp sure didn't mind having the racist speak at their convention and you can tell from the crowd that MANY people IN the naacp applaud his remarks...

why is it they don't call out his racism?

Still not proof he is in the NAACP

Got a date on that clip?

clip 1:24
Farakkhan
"they included me as a member of the family"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYame5yVkuw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Farrakhan NAACP[/ame]

rightiewinger is occasionally good on facts, but when he gets stuck in his leftie wingy talk points, facts mean nothing to him

of course not....i don't read or watch drivel

i'm cracking up at how HARD you have worked to show that video wasn't 1997....i'm mean, what an important "issue" :lol:

nothing hard about this. a little research, a little needling of the pompous partisan pissant, and voilà, a prime cop-out. i mean, nothing is left from your previous statements, hahaha.
it was not all about the date, you were basically wrong en totale, mon cher. joining the naacp, lol. you should be embarrassed, but you have developed a thick skin by now. not a good feature.

Forum List

Back