Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

It appears his mother did not have a choice for two reasons. The first is it was illegal. The second is she had a position of no abortions. She couldn't make the choice to abort because abortion was not an option.
It will send the message that if you truly celebrate family then you will join the anti-Choice crowd and imply you really don't love life or your family.

All that being said. This has to be one of the dumbest fucking protests I've seen since prohibition.

Of course it was an option - an option recommended by her doctor - but it was an option that she did not choose.

Many people balk when 'pro-choice' is equated to 'pro-abortion' and yet . . . . when a woman is pregnant there are only two options, carry the pregnancy to term or abort. 'Anti-choice crowd'? Does choice only apply if the woman opts for abortion?

How was it an option if abortions were illegal? How was it an option if she had a position of no options?

You are one stupid fuck!! She did have an option, she could have flown back to the states for the procedure, she could have opted for an illegal abortion but she opted to give birth instead.

The Incidence of Induced Abortion in the Philippines: Current Level and Recent Trends

Abortion in the Philippines: a national secret | Reuters

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/15/world/asia/15iht-phils.html

Bottom line on this ad is that the woman ignored doctors advice, went off and did her own thing, got a miracle granted, and now has a mediocre football player for a son.

So............in accordance with Christians, it's okay to go against what your doctor says about your life, have a child even though you can die while coming to full term, as well as can the baby, and then (because you're a Christian), use that same story 20 something years later to manipulate people into believing your own brand of bullshit.

Got it.

No wonder I'm not a Christian. I can't handle the lying to everyone.

An egg by itself is nothing more than a potential something.

A sperm by itself is nothing more than a motile cell with potential to be something.

Right sperm meets right egg? It starts to divide and form more cells. At this time as well, it is STILL NOT A HUMAN.

At around the 40 day mark, the cells finally form a network of connections, and your nervous system is formed. At that time, the embryo is now capable of feeling pain.

THAT is when it's "human".

A fully formed human? Nope. But it is human (if it isn't human then what is it?) and it is life (if it wasn't life then abortion wouldn't be needed to destroy it).

So because it's not a fully formed human capable of feeling pain . . . it isn't human at all?

If it doesn't have a nervous system, it doesn't have a brain.

If it doesn't have a brain, it's not capable of self will and free thought.

If it's not capable of self will and free thought, it doesn't have a soul.

If it doesn't have a soul, it's not human.

If it's not human then what is it? A reptile?

You are one stupid gaybiker!!!

Apparently, you've never read your Bible, Lone Idiot No Logic.

Might wanna start soon, because Jesus is coming, and boy is He pissed!

A fully formed human? Nope. But it is human (if it isn't human then what is it?) and it is life (if it wasn't life then abortion wouldn't be needed to destroy it).

So because it's not a fully formed human capable of feeling pain . . . it isn't human at all?

If it doesn't have a nervous system, it doesn't have a brain.

If it doesn't have a brain, it's not capable of self will and free thought.

If it's not capable of self will and free thought, it doesn't have a soul.

If it doesn't have a soul, it's not human.

If it's not human then what is it? A reptile?

You are one stupid gaybiker!!!

keeping the stereotype of Texans alive :clap2:

.... and then (because you're a Christian), use that same story 20 something years later to manipulate people into believing your own brand of bullshit.
You can replace Christian in your sentence with any religion. But in this country it is mostly Christians doing that. Simply because they outnumber the other religions. Anyone can say God told them to do this or that. Only honest people don't play that game.

What does the Bible have to do with the question I asked? And since you're not a Christian why the fuck do you care if Jesus comes or not?

Bottom line on this ad is that the woman ignored doctors advice, went off and did her own thing, got a miracle granted, and now has a mediocre football player for a son.

So............in accordance with Christians, it's okay to go against what your doctor says about your life, have a child even though you can die while coming to full term, as well as can the baby, and then (because you're a Christian), use that same story 20 something years later to manipulate people into believing your own brand of bullshit.

Got it.

No wonder I'm not a Christian. I can't handle the lying to everyone.

Her doctor gave her the facts and she made a decision, she made a choice. She chose a chance at life over definite death.

My son, 16, is special needs. His dx is atypical autism. He wasn't dx'd until he was 6 1/2 - very late for this dx - despite the fact that we had been to no less than half a dozen doctors (all 'tops in their field) since the time he was about 16 months or so. The first doc, a big wig at CHOP, told us to go home, don't worry all kids develop at their own pace, no therapy, nothing special. Our gut said he was wrong. Next doc said get him into therapy asap. Hmmm. Took another 10 docs and several years b/4 we got that dx. And this too was despite the fact that we repeatedly told these docs our gut take on it . . . but we're just the parents, what the hell do we know. Right?

Tim's parents took in all the facts and decided to listen to their gut instead of their doctor. Doctors are not God and one should not treat them as if their word is gospel. Especially if their gut says otherwise.

Oh, one other thing on the bolded. Yes, Tim's mother was willing to risk her own life, to give whatever it took, in order to give Tim a chance at being born. I find it peculiar that people fault her for this.

Last edited:
This Superbowl ad proves the real agenda of the PRO ABORTION group and it's followers.

they are Pro choice when it is for their side, but any other, FORGET IT.

Some of the illegal abortions women get in the Phillipines are by herbs. So yes, ingesting something to have an abortion is illegal there.

It didn't work out in her case, because she is obviously lying by saying a doctor suggested abortion in a country were abortion is completely and totally illegal.

Her story is a lie. She isn't lucky, she's a liar.

"Pennyroyal Tea".................

I wouldn't be so quick to call her a liar. There are medical indications for termination of a pregnancy. Any Doctor would admit that, and I doubt the laws of the country wouldn't make an exception for the life of the mother.

That's the point. It's been posted on this thread. The abortion law in the Philpines is total and complete. There is no expection for the woman's life. That's the point of this thread. That's why the woman is a liar.

Abortion in the Philippines-Reasons and Responsibilities

Maybe it was suggested for her to return to the US in order to have an abortion?

What does the Bible have to do with the question I asked? And since you're not a Christian why the fuck do you care if Jesus comes or not?

What does the Bible have to do with it? Well.......according to that particular piece of literature, if you don't have a soul, you aren't really human.

It's also reflected in mythology in the form of zombies and vampires.

And, when the electricity in your body is no longer there? Your nervous system has shut down, and now, your soul has left your body. Many people speak of this in near death experiences, with the result being, their body is nothing more than dead meat.

So yeah......that more than answers the question you'd asked, because I told you that without a nervous system, it was just tissue. Human tissue, but just tissue none the less.

Is your bicep muscle more "you" than your brain?

And, as far as why do I care about Yeshua (that's His proper name, I mean, if your name was Robert, would you want to be called "Roberto"? I wouldn't, but I digress......), the reason that I care is because He is my Big Brother.

He's also yours if you believe the Bible, you know........Adam and Eve starting the family of Mankind, and since Yeshua joined that family over 2,000 years ago, that means He's older than me......I'm only 45.

Therefore, He is my Big Brother. So is Buddha incidentally.

This Superbowl ad proves the real agenda of the PRO ABORTION group and it's followers.

So Pro Choice people are not Pro Choice all the time? Funny about that one, because I've seen a self avowed Pro-Life person on these very boards say on more than one occasion that someone should have been aborted.

Talk about a selective belief system. :eusa_whistle:

So Pro Choice people are not Pro Choice all the time? Funny about that one, because I've seen a self avowed Pro-Life person on these very boards say on more than one occasion that someone should have been aborted.

Talk about a selective belief system. :eusa_whistle:

You will also find Pro-life people, such as myself that are not afraid to say that under certain circumstances the death penalty is not out of the question.

Neither the Pro-choice nor the Pro-Life stances are 100% choice or life.

I for one do not expect someone that says they are pro-choice to be for every single choice that is to be made. I would not expect someone who is pro-choice to necessarily be for the choice of euthanasia or assisted suicide (those two terms are not the same) or for the choice of using drugs, but I would expect the pro-choice person to be willing to allow a woman to actually chose to save the life of the baby within her.

The pro-life stance is not even all life. The death penalty is one area where many pro-lifers differ as are just wars. Some of us can even abide by assisted suicide while I find the euthanasia thing distasteful myself, I can guess there are some "pro-life" people out there that think euthanasia should be legal.

Nobody is perfect.

I, too, have seen at least one pro-life person state that so-and-so should have been aborted. I find that statement extremely distasteful whether it is intended as a joke or not.

Immie

Don't tell someone they should have been aborted.......it's not nice.

Tell 'em they should have been a blowjob and their momma shoulda swallowed.

I don't understand why the anti-choice people have to use lies to make their point.

Your post is a lie. No one's flipping out because someone chose life.

People are flipping out because the story in the ad is a lie. Abortion is illegal in the Phillipines so doctors don't recommend it. They can't perform it. Do you think they would send a patient to a back alley illegal abortion or give her a coathanger?

Please.

I guess you liar lovers approve of the right wing Christian lies because you really do love lies. You tell them yourselves too.

Maybe that explains it. You righties really do love the lies.

I doubt it was illegal if medically indicated. If it were, that would make the law draconian and dangerous.

The real issue is that Tebow's mom is telling people to ignore medical advice. It worked out in her case. She was lucky.

Some of the illegal abortions women get in the Phillipines are by herbs. So yes, ingesting something to have an abortion is illegal there.

It didn't work out in her case, because she is obviously lying by saying a doctor suggested abortion in a country were abortion is completely and totally illegal.

Her story is a lie. She isn't lucky, she's a liar.

call me crazy, but the last time i checked the u.s. embassy in the phillipines is a) u.s. sovereign terrritory (i.e. phillipine law does not apply) and b) possessed of a medical staff capable of performing an abortion for a u.s. citizen.

why don't you spend your time doing something useful, like blaming bush?

give my best to that publicity seeking termegant gloria allred when you see her.

<smooch>

What does the Bible have to do with it? Well.......according to that particular piece of literature, if you don't have a soul, you aren't really human.

And, when the electricity in your body is no longer there? Your nervous system has shut down, and now, your soul has left your body. Many people speak of this in near death experiences, with the result being, their body is nothing more than dead meat.

So yeah......that more than answers the question you'd asked, because I told you that without a nervous system, it was just tissue. Human tissue, but just tissue none the less.

And, as far as why do I care about Yeshua (that's His proper name, I mean, if your name was Robert, would you want to be called "Roberto"? I wouldn't, but I digress......), the reason that I care is because He is my Big Brother.

He's also yours if you believe the Bible, you know........Adam and Eve starting the family of Mankind, and since Yeshua joined that family over 2,000 years ago, that means He's older than me......I'm only 45.

So you know exactly when the soul enters into a body?

Which chapter and verse says "if you don't have a soul, you aren't really human"?

You do realize the Bible states that all creatures have souls.

"Let the waters swarm forth a swarm of living souls and let flying creatures fly over the earth upon the face of the expanse of the heavens." Genesis 1:20,21

You do know that the soul is a religious construct whose existence cannot be proven.

Which chapter and verse says "if you don't have a soul, you aren't really human"?

"Let the waters swarm forth a swarm of living souls and let flying creatures fly over the earth upon the face of the expanse of the heavens." Genesis 1:20,21

You do know that the soul is a religious construct whose existence cannot be proven.

When does the soul enter into the body? Well, according to the Tanach and the Torah, it happens somewhere around the 40 day mark. By the way, for simpletons like you, the Torah is actually the beginning part of the Old Testament.

Which chapter and verse does it state you need a soul to be human? Many stories in the Bible reflect that. And, so does modern society, as people who are considered "soul less bastards" are generally those that others consider less than human, like Jeffrey Dahmer, or any other serial killer.

As far as everything having a soul? Not really, it's more like animals and plants have angels that are assigned to that particular living thing. Also explains why animals have instinct and humans have free will.

As far as the soul being a religious construct that can't be proven? Wrong again. Doctors and scientists have proven that when a person dies, they become 21 grams lighter, for no reason whatsoever, and, it's been constant when measured........21 grams.

You know, instead of having sex with your cattle, actually reading something other than your own fucked up bullshit, you may wish to expand your horizons to something OTHER than breeding yourself silly with your cattle.

I guess this is FoF's version of Dr. Kevorkian...........

"Feel like getting having a kid? You've got only a 5 percent chance of success. If this happens, ignore your doctor, place your faith in God, and hope you get a miracle."

"If not, you shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place, and so God will call you and your child home".

Yeah........real positive message.

When does the soul enter into the body? Well, according to the Tanach and the Torah, it happens somewhere around the 40 day mark. By the way, for simpletons like you, the Torah is actually the beginning part of the Old Testament.

Which chapter and verse does it state you need a soul to be human? Many stories in the Bible reflect that. And, so does modern society, as people who are considered "soul less bastards" are generally those that others consider less than human, like Jeffrey Dahmer, or any other serial killer.

As far as everything having a soul? Not really, it's more like animals and plants have angels that are assigned to that particular living thing. Also explains why animals have instinct and humans have free will.

As far as the soul being a religious construct that can't be proven? Wrong again. Doctors and scientists have proven that when a person dies, they become 21 grams lighter, for no reason whatsoever, and, it's been constant when measured........21 grams.

You know, instead of having sex with your cattle, actually reading something other than your own fucked up bullshit, you may wish to expand your horizons to something OTHER than breeding yourself silly with your cattle.

Cite the specific text. Which is what I asked for in the first place but you dodged it like the coward you are.

21 grams? hahaahhaahah Educate yourself you stupid fuck!

snopes.com: Weight of the Soul

Forum List

Back