Tim Tebow is going to try baseball.

Tebow is a hell of an athlete. But he hasn't played baseball in 11 years. It'll be great for attendance for whatever minor league team gets him, that is true. But I don't see him making the majors.

I understand a ball club's desire to sell tickets. I'm old fashioned and believe that people who go to baseball games want to see good baseball. The way to do that is to recruit talented baseball players, not talented celebrities.

I understand a ball club's desire to sell tickets. I'm old fashioned and believe that people who go to baseball games want to see good baseball. The way to do that is to recruit talented baseball players, not talented celebrities.
Minor league teams don't recruit their best players, they get assigned. All they can usually do is devise promotions to get people in the gate. Tebow could fit the bill, at least for a while.

Last edited:
Minor league teams don't recruit their best players, they get assigned. All they can usually do is devise promotions to get people in the gate. Tebow could fit the bill, at least for a while.
Assigned from where? Somebody sought them out. Recruited vs assigned sounds like nit picking the verbiage. I still would rather see talent baseball players play, more than to see some failed football player pick up a bat and glove, regardless of how they arrived on the field.

Assigned from where? Somebody sought them out. Recruited vs assigned sounds like nit picking the verbiage. I still would rather see talent baseball players play, more than to see some failed football player pick up a bat and glove, regardless of how they arrived on the field.
Players get assigned to affiliated minor league teams by the major league clubs that draft them. Minor league teams do recruit some undrafted players to fill out their roster. It remains to be seen into which category Tebow falls.

Forum List

Back