Thoughts about today's Interview with Iran FM.

There are satellite images of supposedly secret military bases and they are refusing cooperation over them.
We bombed Iraq for that years ago..
Did our federal govt also claim they weren't fulfilling other obligations?
The more important question is, how long do we put up with bullshit
Can you proved some proof of that? We have the ability through the deal to inspect any military base that we are suspicious of...
There are links all over this forum. It's all over the internet.
We might can, but they are refusing. Just like sadaam

Iran is being slapped, so of course they'd say that, along with their buddy No.Ko. Trump hasn't pulled out of the deal; he's asking for more accountability on Iran's part for keeping the peace in the M.E.

Is a President obligated to keep a deal or treaty forever, regardless of whether he feels it is in the country's best interests? I don't know that Trump is doing this to "undo" the Obama legacy. He was genuinely against it, as were most Republicans, and he wants to make it 'better.' Whether he can do what six countries in a year and a half of negotiations could not remains to be seen. It was shitty to kick the can to Congress. They can't fix anything these days.
Yeah, the can has been kicked down the road with Iran & NK for years and years, and here we are.

It seems pretty clear that Trump has decided that his, um, approach might just shock them into staying in line.

I don't see it, but I didn't see him winning in November, either. He can reasonably argue that the approach of the last few decades has been worthless.

And, we hope for the best.
What makes you think this approach is going to shock the Iranians into staying in line? All they have expressed is a loss of respect and credibility for our ability to keep our deals and our Allies have all expressed opposition to Trumps actions.
As I said in my post, "I don't see it".

I figured that was pretty clear.

There are satellite images of supposedly secret military bases and they are refusing cooperation over them.
Can you proved some proof of that? We have the ability through the deal to inspect any military base that we are suspicious of...
If you have a point to make them back it up with a link, don’t send me on a wild goose chase

Iran is being slapped, so of course they'd say that, along with their buddy No.Ko. Trump hasn't pulled out of the deal; he's asking for more accountability on Iran's part for keeping the peace in the M.E.

Is a President obligated to keep a deal or treaty forever, regardless of whether he feels it is in the country's best interests? I don't know that Trump is doing this to "undo" the Obama legacy. He was genuinely against it, as were most Republicans, and he wants to make it 'better.' Whether he can do what six countries in a year and a half of negotiations could not remains to be seen. It was shitty to kick the can to Congress. They can't fix anything these days.
Yeah, the can has been kicked down the road with Iran & NK for years and years, and here we are.

It seems pretty clear that Trump has decided that his, um, approach might just shock them into staying in line.

I don't see it, but I didn't see him winning in November, either. He can reasonably argue that the approach of the last few decades has been worthless.

What makes you think this approach is going to shock the Iranians into staying in line? All they have expressed is a loss of respect and credibility for our ability to keep our deals and our Allies have all expressed opposition to Trumps actions.
As I said in my post, "I don't see it".

I figured that was pretty clear.
It was clear... I was just questioning what the logic is behind it. The move seems extremely careless

There is also the Secretary of State, Defence and the chairman of the joint chiefs, saying your full of it. But clearly the internet knows better.

It's about a minute in that they say you are full of hot air. If this entire mess wasn't about nuclear weapons I'd be amused.

Even if you see Iran as the enemy and don't trust a word they say, I'm curious about what Trump supporters think about this interview and the FM's points about US credibility in deal making as a results of Trumps attitude towards the Iran deal and other foreign policy matters in general. He refers to the term people are using "The Withdrawal Doctrine" regarding Trumps approach to deals like TPP, NAFTA, The Paris Accord, the Iran deal etc. and raises the valid question, how can any long term deals with the United States be trusted once the precedent is set that the deals can be revoked after each election?

Thoughts?

Treaties are not set in stone. We can revoke them at any time, and we have throughout our history.

Even if you see Iran as the enemy and don't trust a word they say, I'm curious about what Trump supporters think about this interview and the FM's points about US credibility in deal making as a results of Trumps attitude towards the Iran deal and other foreign policy matters in general. He refers to the term people are using "The Withdrawal Doctrine" regarding Trumps approach to deals like TPP, NAFTA, The Paris Accord, the Iran deal etc. and raises the valid question, how can any long term deals with the United States be trusted once the precedent is set that the deals can be revoked after each election?

Thoughts?

Treaties are not set in stone. We can revoke them at any time, and we have throughout our history.

No shit. The Iran deal isn’t even a treaty smart guy. But that’s besides the point. Do you really not understand the point of my question?

If you have a point to make them back it up with a link, don’t send me on a wild goose chase
You obviously don't care to know. Very telling

Bull. The deal put the Iranian nuke program on hold.

That’s the take from all of our Nat. Sec. experts. It’s not a guess or a hope.

And, Trump can’t argue anything “reasonably”. He doesn’t know the subject matter well enough to do so.

On hold for how long and at what cost?

Of course I care to know that’s why I asked? Wtf are are talking about?

I’m guessing you aren’t aware, but this is the source of the fox article you referenced. Sound reliable to you?

About NCRI | Our Structure - National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)

The NCRI has a secretariat based in Paris, headed by Mahnaz Salimian as the Senior Secretary of the NCRI. Abolghasem Rezai is the Deputy Senior Secretary of NCRI. In total, the NCRI has 5 secretaries. The secretariat convenes NCRI meetings, conducts communications with members, and performs all administrative tasks.

The NCRI is comprised of 25 committees that act as shadow ministries. The committees are responsible for expert research and planning for future Iran.

Maryam Rajavi is the President-elect of the NCRI for the provisional period for transfer of power to the people. Her presidential term will end following ratification of a new constitution in the Constitutional Assembly and the election of a new president for Iran.

I’m guessing you aren’t aware, but this is the source of the fox article you referenced. Sound reliable to you?

About NCRI | Our Structure - National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)

The NCRI has a secretariat based in Paris, headed by Mahnaz Salimian as the Senior Secretary of the NCRI. Abolghasem Rezai is the Deputy Senior Secretary of NCRI. In total, the NCRI has 5 secretaries. The secretariat convenes NCRI meetings, conducts communications with members, and performs all administrative tasks.

The NCRI is comprised of 25 committees that act as shadow ministries. The committees are responsible for expert research and planning for future Iran.

Maryam Rajavi is the President-elect of the NCRI for the provisional period for transfer of power to the people. Her presidential term will end following ratification of a new constitution in the Constitutional Assembly and the election of a new president for Iran.
Yea, Iran is such a good source of information:lol:

Of course I care to know that’s why I asked? Wtf are are talking about?
It would have taken two seconds

Forum List

Back