Thoughts about today's Interview with Iran FM.

I’m guessing you aren’t aware, but this is the source of the fox article you referenced. Sound reliable to you?

About NCRI | Our Structure - National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)

The NCRI has a secretariat based in Paris, headed by Mahnaz Salimian as the Senior Secretary of the NCRI. Abolghasem Rezai is the Deputy Senior Secretary of NCRI. In total, the NCRI has 5 secretaries. The secretariat convenes NCRI meetings, conducts communications with members, and performs all administrative tasks.

The NCRI is comprised of 25 committees that act as shadow ministries. The committees are responsible for expert research and planning for future Iran.

Maryam Rajavi is the President-elect of the NCRI for the provisional period for transfer of power to the people. Her presidential term will end following ratification of a new constitution in the Constitutional Assembly and the election of a new president for Iran.
Yea, Iran is such a good source of information:lol:
I wasn’t using my Iran for a source of information, I was pointing to comments made about Trumps diplomatic policy and the global effects. You are pointing to an anti Iran group saying there are secret military bases that are developing nukes. Aka. Conspiracy theory.

Can you really not see the difference?

I’m guessing you aren’t aware, but this is the source of the fox article you referenced. Sound reliable to you?

About NCRI | Our Structure - National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)

The NCRI has a secretariat based in Paris, headed by Mahnaz Salimian as the Senior Secretary of the NCRI. Abolghasem Rezai is the Deputy Senior Secretary of NCRI. In total, the NCRI has 5 secretaries. The secretariat convenes NCRI meetings, conducts communications with members, and performs all administrative tasks.

The NCRI is comprised of 25 committees that act as shadow ministries. The committees are responsible for expert research and planning for future Iran.

Maryam Rajavi is the President-elect of the NCRI for the provisional period for transfer of power to the people. Her presidential term will end following ratification of a new constitution in the Constitutional Assembly and the election of a new president for Iran.
Yea, Iran is such a good source of information:lol:
I wasn’t using my Iran for a source of information, I was pointing to comments made about Trumps diplomatic policy and the global effects. You are pointing to an anti Iran group saying there are secret military bases that are developing nukes. Aka. Conspiracy theory.

Can you really not see the difference?
If you look for the full report it gives oodles and oodles of reasons why they think that.
So they get discredited for being "anti iran?" In what world is that logical?
Our govt is anti russia, so should you discredit them for not giving evidence for russia hacking the DNC?

Can you proved some proof of that? We have the ability through the deal to inspect any military base that we are suspicious of...
There are links all over this forum. It's all over the internet.
We might can, but they are refusing. Just like sadaam
If you have a point to make them back it up with a link, don’t send me on a wild goose chase
You obviously don't care to know. Very telling
Of course I care to know that’s why I asked? Wtf are are talking about?
8v
It would have taken two seconds
Between Trumps National Security team (4 star generals) and an anti Iran organization, I think it’s a no brainer which source is more credible.

If there was doubt then I don’t think mattis and Dunford would be saying that Iran was compliant and our country is safer with the deal in place.

There are links all over this forum. It's all over the internet.
We might can, but they are refusing. Just like sadaam
If you have a point to make them back it up with a link, don’t send me on a wild goose chase
8v
Between Trumps National Security team (4 star generals) and an anti Iran organization, I think it’s a no brainer which source is more credible.

If there was doubt then I don’t think mattis and Dunford would be saying that Iran was compliant and our country is safer with the deal in place.
I posted a link where mcMaster said they werent fully complying.
So you just want to pick and choose.
All i tried to do was point out other POV. The org i posted had a FULL report. It was the size of a book.
Iran has already been turning down inspections as well. Of course, that has been happening for years.
There are plenty of views on this. And frankly, considering history, "we are more safe" is ignorant. Remember North Korea? How is that working out?

You are a fool if you play power games with war, keeping the peace should always be our main goal, war is the last choice of intelligent people.

If the incoming President in this case Trump honestly feels this is a terrible deal what sense does it make to keep it in place? Can Trump get something better I don’t know but it seemed like the Obama administration just wanted to get a deal done no matter what.

Iran is being slapped, so of course they'd say that, along with their buddy No.Ko. Trump hasn't pulled out of the deal; he's asking for more accountability on Iran's part for keeping the peace in the M.E.

Is a President obligated to keep a deal or treaty forever, regardless of whether he feels it is in the country's best interests? I don't know that Trump is doing this to "undo" the Obama legacy. He was genuinely against it, as were most Republicans, and he wants to make it 'better.' Whether he can do what six countries in a year and a half of negotiations could not remains to be seen. It was shitty to kick the can to Congress. They can't fix anything these days.
You pose good questions about whether presidents are obligated to keep existing deals forever and of course the answer is no... But I think there needs to be some tact about how they are approached and a good faith effort to address the issues before withdrawing.

What makes me nervous about Trump is the knee jerk reactive way he is approaches these deals. I think there is a legitimate fear about the credibility of our word when entering long term deals on an international level. It seems like he is taking more a political stance to maintain this tough guy appearance rather than a smart long term strategic approach.
It would have been better from the get-go if Trump had well thought out plans for how he wanted to run the country and why, PRIOR to becoming Pres. Now he is trying to make good on a bunch of promises that are half-baked ideas unmatched to reality. So a mess ensues. The Wall. Replacing Obamacare. The Muslim Ban (so called). etc.

While I think the criticisms in the op about others worrying about US long term commitments are valid, I would trust Iran about as far as I can throw my suv. At the same time the agreement isn't a very good one, most people I've seen comment on it say it carries the weight of a handshake and relies on Iran self inspecting. It's difficult to put any faith in it whatsoever.

8v

I posted a link where mcMaster said they werent fully complying.
So you just want to pick and choose.
All i tried to do was point out other POV. The org i posted had a FULL report. It was the size of a book.
Iran has already been turning down inspections as well. Of course, that has been happening for years.
There are plenty of views on this. And frankly, considering history, "we are more safe" is ignorant. Remember North Korea? How is that working out?
I watched the McMaster interview and he did not say that Iran wasnt complying. He skirted around with his answer and basically said that we need to do better with monitoring and enforcing the terms of the deal.

It’s obvious with any deal that efforts should always be made to improve the execution but this wreckless talk and flat out lies that are coming from Trump and his supporters does not put us in a good place. And what if these actions blow up the deal? How In the world does that put us in a safer place? Then we are dealing with N Korea and a nuclear Iran. You want that kind of legacy left behind?

While I think the criticisms in the op about others worrying about US long term commitments are valid, I would trust Iran about as far as I can throw my suv. At the same time the agreement isn't a very good one, most people I've seen comment on it say it carries the weight of a handshake and relies on Iran self inspecting. It's difficult to put any faith in it whatsoever.
It sounds like you only have half the story. The self inspecting argument is nothing more than poor spin. We have inspectors all over the country making sure that Iran stays compliant with the terms of the deal. Yes they are required to submit soil samples from military bases but we also have the right to send inspectors to any base or area if we have suspicion of foul play.

It is hard to see any strategy that explains Trumps actions on this deal. It appears to be a continuation of his political posturing trying to dismantle everything that Obama instituted.

yes, because that deal will deter a nuclear armed Iran :rolleyes:
huh?
Read your posts? :dunno:
is that a question? What are you talking about? We can save a lot of time and needless back and forth if you just made intelligent points. What are you trying to say?
you implied this deal is keeping iran from getting nuclear weapons. Thats why i told you to read your posts.
And what if these actions blow up the deal? How In the world does that put us in a safer place? Then we are dealing with N Korea and a nuclear Iran. You want that kind of legacy left behind?
There wasnt an intelligent point to be made. Too much naivety for it.

It sounds like you only have half the story. The self inspecting argument is nothing more than poor spin. We have inspectors all over the country making sure that Iran stays compliant with the terms of the deal. Yes they are required to submit soil samples from military bases but we also have the right to send inspectors to any base or area if we have suspicion of foul play.

It is hard to see any strategy that explains Trumps actions on this deal. It appears to be a continuation of his political posturing trying to dismantle everything that Obama instituted.
I might agree that Trump is putting the cart before the horse, I hate when someone says he's going to scrap something without an alternative. The inspection part has some serious problems involving prior notice, 24 days I believe and the sunsetting of provisions.

Here's a quick read of some issues.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-rep.../the-real-problems-with-the-iran-nuclear-deal

yes, because that deal will deter a nuclear armed Iran :rolleyes:
huh?
Read your posts? :dunno:
is that a question? What are you talking about? We can save a lot of time and needless back and forth if you just made intelligent points. What are you trying to say?
you implied this deal is keeping iran from getting nuclear weapons. Thats why i told you to read your posts.
And what if these actions blow up the deal? How In the world does that put us in a safer place? Then we are dealing with N Korea and a nuclear Iran. You want that kind of legacy left behind?
There wasnt an intelligent point to be made. Too much naivety for it.
So what are you trying to say... this deal does nothing to limit their nuclear capabilities so pull the inspectors and screw it?

I might agree that Trump is putting the cart before the horse, I hate when someone says he's going to scrap something without an alternative. The inspection part has some serious problems involving prior notice, 24 days I believe and the sunsetting of provisions.

Here's a quick read of some issues.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-rep.../the-real-problems-with-the-iran-nuclear-deal
Those are valid issues and concerns and i'm all for discussing them and working with our Allies and Iran to fix what we can... it doesn't appear that he is taking that approach. Like I said, extremely careless and dangerous...

Forum List

Back