Those fiscally responsible Democrats...

[
Once again facts defeat the Left's talking points. Here is a chart of Federal revenue. Note that from 1980 to about 1990 revenue increased by almost 90%
usgs_line.php

Spending, driven by Democratic Congresses, accounts for the deficits.

Gee, I could have sworn I was told a few zillion times that Ronald Reagan won the Cold War by massively increasing our defense spending.

Now you're telling me that the Democrats in Congress in the 80's won the Cold War?

fascinating!

When faced with contradictory evidence you change the subject. True sign of a loser.

The subject was spending in the 80's. The insistence was that Congress controls spending. The insistence was that the Democratic Congress's spending in the 80's caused the deficits.

Thus, if you believe that our military buildup in the 80's won the Cold War, then it is irrefutable that the Democratic Congress with its control of spending, including military spending

won the Cold War.

That would make Reagan a impotent bystander.

Just a note about tax cuts and revenues.

Bush's revenues did not equal 2000 revenues for 5 years, into his 2nd term. That's with tax cuts in 2001 and 2003.

Gee, I could have sworn I was told a few zillion times that Ronald Reagan won the Cold War by massively increasing our defense spending.

Now you're telling me that the Democrats in Congress in the 80's won the Cold War?

fascinating!

When faced with contradictory evidence you change the subject. True sign of a loser.

The subject was spending in the 80's. The insistence was that Congress controls spending. The insistence was that the Democratic Congress's spending in the 80's caused the deficits.

Thus, if you believe that our military buildup in the 80's won the Cold War, then it is irrefutable that the Democratic Congress with its control of spending, including military spending

won the Cold War.

Actually the subject was revenue and the claim was that Bush's tax cuts decreased revenue and caused the deficit. All shown to be false.
And your reductio ad absurdum on Reagan shows either willfull ignorance or malicious lying. Which is it?

won the Cold War.

Actually the subject was revenue and the claim was that Bush's tax cuts decreased revenue and caused the deficit. All shown to be false.
And your reductio ad absurdum on Reagan shows either willfull ignorance or malicious lying. Which is it?

Actually he makes a good point..

Did Reagan win the Cold War or was it the Democratic Congress?
Was it Reagan who brought the nation from an economic crisis or was it the Democratic Concress?

Did Reagan actually DO anything?

won the Cold War.

My point was based on the claim that Congress controls spending. That eliminates Reagan as the winner of the Cold War, if the Cold War was won by spending.

won the Cold War.

My point was based on the claim that Congress controls spending. That eliminates Reagan as the winner of the Cold War, if the Cold War was won by spending.

The Cold War was won by the commander in chief, just like wars always are. In this case it was Ronald Reagan.
If wars were won by spending then Obama would be the undisputed lord of the entire earth given the amount of money his budget has called for spending.

won the Cold War.

Bush cut taxes and did not pay for them. Bush invaded Iraq and did not pay for it. Bush signed prescription drug legislation and did not pay for it. ALL of that added to the deficits. Of course you could blame the Republican Congress from 2001 to 2006, if you wanted to go the Congress controls spending route.

The Cold War was won by the commander in chief, just like wars always are. In this case it was Ronald Reagan.
If wars were won by spending then Obama would be the undisputed lord of the entire earth given the amount of money his budget has called for spending.

Then I guess Obama is winning the Iraq war.:lol::lol::lol:

Actually on your theory he is now losing because he is cutting spending for it. Fuckstick.

No. He's Commander in Chief. By your own standards Obama is winning the Iraq war.

And of course, SINCE he is winning, he is able to spend less. That's what happens when you win wars.

Actually Bush won the Iraq war. Obama is losing teh Afghan War. Get your facts right.

Actually on your theory he is now losing because he is cutting spending for it. Fuckstick.

No. He's Commander in Chief. By your own standards Obama is winning the Iraq war.

And of course, SINCE he is winning, he is able to spend less. That's what happens when you win wars.

Actually Bush won the Iraq war. Obama is losing teh Afghan War. Get your facts right.

If Bush won the Iraq war, why are our soldiers still fighting and dying in Iraq?

We have not won and we cannot win the Iraq War of Occupation.

☭proletarian☭;2035505 said:

If Bush won the Iraq war, why are our soldiers still fighting and dying in Iraq?

"The war is lost." Harry Reid.

So Bush won the war and we lost it?

Make up your mind.

Win?

How do you take credit for a "win" in a war that we never should have fought in the first place?

Win?

How do you take credit for a "win" in a war that we never should have fought in the first place?

Yeah. I guess the Allies didn't "win" in WWI either.
You crack me up.

Win?

Yeah. I guess the Allies didn't "win" in WWI either.

Nice evasion.

Answer the question.

Forum List

Back