This will no doubt interest the climate watchers of the forum

Take this for a test drive.

Another bullshit, political agenda site.

My results for year 1950;
"The Seattle, Washington area is not prone to 90-degree days. Please try another city or town, like New York or New Delhi."

Actually, my hometown is a place called Enumclaw, for which this "site" claimed no data available. Seattle, or Tacoma would be closest large burgs.

FWIW, where I currently live, we had a day or two this past Summer hit 90, but most higher were upper 80s. Nothing abnormal from 75 years ago.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It is so spin ... not one scrap of actual science ... just 17 minutes of political spin ... just because you're right doesn't make it scientific ... just means you're right ...

You've got the New Speak juju going good here ... I think what you mean is that computational fluid mechanics is prone to error, not that modeling the climate using Stefan-Boltzmann Law is wrong ... and make sure you specify which computer results you're critical of ... the scientific media presents the distribution curve, it's only commercial media that makes discreet claims ...

=====

Have we already forgotten the lessons from George Orwell's 1984 ... a fearful People will trust their government to protect them, and if there's nothing to fear, the People won't trust government ... government can and will create fear ... Republicans are already railing on Muslims, Democrats on the environment ...

All to hide pork-barrel CR after pork-barrel CR ... we're letting both parties rob us blind while our President performs [deleted] on the Saudi Crown Prince ..
Climate crisis = climate fear = more guv'mint funding to the pseudo-science hucksters, a.k.a. "climate scientists".

By the way, issue is with Islamic Dogma and fundamentalists whom engage in it, i.e. Jihad.
Most Muslims don't want to fight or kill and tend to be apostates.
Quote:
Chapter : Command for fighting against the people so long as they do not profess that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger.

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah.

Sahih Muslim Book 1, Hadith Number 33.

It is so spin ... not one scrap of actual science ... just 17 minutes of political spin ... just because you're right doesn't make it scientific ... just means you're right ...

You've got the New Speak juju going good here ... I think what you mean is that computational fluid mechanics is prone to error, not that modeling the climate using Stefan-Boltzmann Law is wrong ... and make sure you specify which computer results you're critical of ... the scientific media presents the distribution curve, it's only commercial media that makes discreet claims ...

=====

Have we already forgotten the lessons from George Orwell's 1984 ... a fearful People will trust their government to protect them, and if there's nothing to fear, the People won't trust government ... government can and will create fear ... Republicans are already railing on Muslims, Democrats on the environment ...

All to hide pork-barrel CR after pork-barrel CR ... we're letting both parties rob us blind while our President performs [deleted] on the Saudi Crown Prince ..
I only rail on Democrats since they have a direct impact over our lives. The Muslims really do little that matters in the USA. The problem with discussing climate is Earth is very vast and has thousands of climates. To predict them all is a fools errand. And models vary a lot.

Near it's beginning, your video claimed that "the anthropogenic origin of global warming is merely an unproven conjecture. It is solely from complex computer programs known as general circulation models [GCMs]. On the contrary, scientific literature has highlighted natural variability that these models have failed to recreate". That's not just spin, it's lies. That video is NOT a realistic examination of the facts and huge swaths of the evidence supporting AGW are completely empirical in nature - observations of the real world, not the output of GCMs.

Anthropogenic global warming (AGW) is not an unproven conjecture. It is a VERY widely accepted scientific theory that is supported by absolute MOUNTAINS of evidence and has NEVER been falsified despite extensive efforts by advocates for the fossil fuel industry. No evidence has EVER been found suggesting that any natural process, cycle or event could have produced the observed warming.

You seem to be suggesting that we should not tell people they are at risk because it will upset them. Is that actually your position?

Safe drivers get killed in auto wrecks every day Robert.

I find your characterization inaccurate. Humans have gotten themselves into this situation by burning fossil fuels. We always knew that doing so produced air pollution and we have made great progress cleaning up fossil combustion systems, filtering out sooty particulates, eliminating lead and so forth. And so, by the construction of enormous portions of our physical infrastructure, we thoroughly incorporated fossil fuel use into human culture well before discovering what it was doing to the Earth's climate. Now we find ourselves between a rock and a hard place. We have to stop burning fossil fuels as rapidly and completely as possible even while our demand for energy grows by leaps and bounds but even under the best of circumstances, that is going to take too much time, enormous effort and piles and piles of money. We are also facing stiff resistance from the fossil fuel industries to whom this is an existential threat; we are attempting to eliminate them and so, of course, they are fighting back. I guarantee you that somewhere behind the curtains your video was written by and paid for by fossil fuel interests. There is no debate among climate scientists as to the existence of global warming or of its cause but the PR wizards employed by the fossil fuel industries want us to believe there is. It is an exact and intentional analog of the PR effort employed by the tobacco industry in the face of medical research showing their products caused cancer.

AGW is a threat to humanity. We should have started dealing with it in earnest decades back. It is likely too late to avoid some of the serious suffering it will engender. It is FAR too late to indulge in the sort of deceptive practices fossil fuel PR has been pushing on the uninformed. Humanity needs to objectively educate itself and act, quickly and with full commitment.
You continue to pile on the bullshit yet fail to live a lifestyle that matches your propaganda; a.k.a. just another lying pile of :9:

So-called "climate scientists" bang the drum of ACC/AGW because that's the near only way to get funding~$$$ and have a job.:bowdown:

"fossil fuel" such as petroleum are more than fuels, they are also resources for the "artificial/man-made/plastic" products that layer the modern life-style. YOU have such in the computer you used, most of the clothes you wear, food packaging, transportation devices, etc. I doubt you have unplugged from electrical or heating systems in your own residence so it's clear you fail to practice what you preach. You are just another hypocrite.

Until you unplug, shed your clothing, shelter, and store bought food, than charge into the wilderness in "birth suit" to live the life of your Neanderthal you (similar such as "abu-afuk') are phonies when not being shills for tyranny.

AGAIN - The basic science and math is that at 400 ppm=parts per million for atmospheric CO2 (Carbon Dioxide), the ratio of 400/1,000,000 reduces to 1/2,500 and nor science has yet shown how energy from one part transfers equally to the other 2,500 parts. It doesn't even transfer equally to one other part.

You hucksters and scammers for ACC/AGW are the ones either ignorant of science or intentionally engaging disinformation for personal gain$ and power.

This isn't spin folks. This is a realistic examination of FACTS about models and global climate patterns.
Would we all feel better knowing that we can't manage climate and that climate will not end our life on Earth?
Or do you prefer the disaster is on us people?

Suppose you were told you are going to die in an auto wreck? And you know very well you are a very safe driver. But they persisted in getting into your face pronouncing you will die unless you totally stop driving? This analogy is how they are terrifying the public by two things. First they blame humans for global warming at the same time when asked if Man can manage climate, they shout in unison, absolutely not. Well if man can't manage Climate globally, why try to scare them to death?

Fuck them one and all! Second Biggest fucking fraud, the Biden “victory” still number 1

Near it's beginning, your video claimed that "the anthropogenic origin of global warming is merely an unproven conjecture. It is solely from complex computer programs known as general circulation models [GCMs]. On the contrary, scientific literature has highlighted natural variability that these models have failed to recreate". That's not just spin, it's lies. That video is NOT a realistic examination of the facts and huge swaths of the evidence supporting AGW are completely empirical in nature - observations of the real world, not the output of GCMs.

Anthropogenic global warming (AGW) is not an unproven conjecture. It is a VERY widely accepted scientific theory that is supported by absolute MOUNTAINS of evidence and has NEVER been falsified despite extensive efforts by advocates for the fossil fuel industry. No evidence has EVER been found suggesting that any natural process, cycle or event could have produced the observed warming.

You seem to be suggesting that we should not tell people they are at risk because it will upset them. Is that actually your position?

I find your characterization inaccurate. Humans have gotten themselves into this situation by burning fossil fuels. We always knew that doing so produced air pollution and we have made great progress cleaning up fossil combustion systems, filtering out sooty particulates, eliminating lead and so forth. And so, by the construction of enormous portions of our physical infrastructure, we thoroughly incorporated fossil fuel use into human culture well before discovering what it was doing to the Earth's climate. Now we find ourselves between a rock and a hard place. We have to stop burning fossil fuels as rapidly and completely as possible even while our demand for energy grows by leaps and bounds but even under the best of circumstances, that is going to take too much time, enormous effort and piles and piles of money. We are also facing stiff resistance from the fossil fuel industries to whom this is an existential threat; we are attempting to eliminate them and so, of course, they are fighting back. I guarantee you that somewhere behind the curtains your video was written by and paid for by fossil fuel interests. There is no debate among climate scientists as to the existence of global warming or of its cause but the PR wizards employed by the fossil fuel industries want us to believe there is. It is an exact and intentional analog of the PR effort employed by the tobacco industry in the face of medical research showing their products caused cancer.

AGW is a threat to humanity. We should have started dealing with it in earnest decades back. It is likely too late to avoid some of the serious suffering it will engender. It is FAR too late to indulge in the sort of deceptive practices fossil fuel PR has been pushing on the uninformed. Humanity needs to objectively educate itself and act, quickly and with full commitment.
If AGW is a “threat to humanity” why are you a puppet for China and the CCP?

You continue to pile on the bullshit yet fail to live a lifestyle that matches your propaganda; a.k.a. just another lying pile of [shit].
1) What do you know of my lifestyle? 2) What impact does that have on the validity of the science? Of AGW theory? Answer: Nothing and Nothing.
So-called "climate scientists"
Why the quotes? They have advanced degrees and earn a living conducting research on the climate.
bang the drum of ACC/AGW because that's the near only way to get funding~$$$ and have a job.
We had scientists before AGW and we will have them after. And the idea that ALL of them are lying to make money simply fails the fucking sniff test fool.
"fossil fuel" such as petroleum are more than fuels, they are also resources for the "artificial/man-made/plastic" products that layer the modern life-style.
Feed stock is the term you should have been looking for. When I was in college many moons back, one of my professors opined that petroleum would become too valuable as a feed stock to burn it for fuel. I guess he didn't realize how much people would be willing to pay to drive their penis substitutes down the road.
YOU have such in the computer you used, most of the clothes you wear, food packaging, transportation devices, etc. I doubt you have unplugged from electrical or heating systems in your own residence so it's clear you fail to practice what you preach. You are just another hypocrite.
I would not be a hypocrite unless I had said everyone else should do those things. I haven't, so... fuck off.
Until you unplug, shed your clothing, shelter, and store bought food, than charge into the wilderness in "birth suit" to live the life of your Neanderthal you (similar such as "abu-afuk') are phonies when not being shills for tyranny.
I see you're unable to talk the science. I have to wonder then why you bother participating in science discussions.
AGAIN - The basic science and math is that at 400 ppm=parts per million for atmospheric CO2 (Carbon Dioxide), the ratio of 400/1,000,000 reduces to 1/2,500 and nor science has yet shown how energy from one part transfers equally to the other 2,500 parts. It doesn't even transfer equally to one other part.
How does your stove work? Your oven? Your furnace and your air conditioner? Do you understand how thermal energy manifests itself in matter and how energy transfers takes place? It seems as if you really don't.
You hucksters and scammers for ACC/AGW are the ones either ignorant of science or intentionally engaging disinformation for personal gain$ and power.
I'm not a scientist but a retired ocean engineer. I can tell from your contentions here that you likely haven't had any sort of science class since the 8th grade. So, unless you enjoy the public humiliation, I wouldn't try to run down anyone else's science know-how.

The video in the OP here is a piece of shite. If you disagree, watch the damned thing and then try to defend it using some real science or real facts or real logic and reasoning. Saying you won't buy it because you don't see me running naked in the woods shows us nothing other than that you've got an unhealthy interest in seeing an old man naked. ; - )

If AGW is a “threat to humanity” why are you a puppet for China and the CCP?
These Environmental Wackos don't understand real pollution.

They think if Americans would just switch to driving an EV instead of an ICE they are "saving the planet". Maybe a few solar cells, a wind mill or two and recycling thrown in.

They don't understand the most massive polluters on earth are China, Russia, India, all of Africa, Indonesia and Brazil and those bastards don't give a shit about producing pollution.

If these dumbasses really thought that humans were causing climate change they would be protesting those countries.

America spends as much as the rest of the world COMBINED on pollution ccontrol so we ain't the problem. My Tundra ain't the problem. It is the Chinese coal powered electric plants supplying electricity to build the stupid things that the Environmental Wackos buy at Walmart.

I doubt the alleged fossil fuel industry is very worried about the Democrats cockeyed theories.

Why do you suppose Democrats went to war against coal and petroleum?

It is easier to control ignorant Democrats than to control intelligent Republicans.

I see you didn't take or pass very many science courses during your schooling.
Admittedly when i studied science in college, this was not a topic of discussion. When it became the operations of Democrats, the press created a furor. So in 1980 as part of my pilots training, we all had to study both weather (short term) and climate. (longer term weather) Why did pilots need to understand this. Weather has killed many pilots and passengers. We were trained how to observe danger and to comprehend it, we were taught weather processes and where and why they impact earth the most.

For instance a VFR pilot can't fly into clouds. Clouds are never mentioned by democrats yet of all things of weather, clouds are the most important factor in both weather and climate. Where the clouds are seldom in the sky, both weather and climate is warmer. Where the clouds are plentiful, they cool earth. Yet Democrats shun this discussion as if clouds never matter. John Kennedy Jr crashed into the ocean due to spatial disorientation despite his well founded training. Even he fell victim to night time disorientation.

These Environmental Wackos don't understand real pollution.
I think environmental activists likely understand pollution better than the average American.
They think if Americans would just switch to driving an EV instead of an ICE they are "saving the planet".
Each year you drive an EV instead of an ICE powered vehicle, you will reduce the CO2 put into the atmosphere by over 5 tons.
They don't understand the most massive polluters on earth are China, Russia, India, all of Africa, Indonesia and Brazil and those bastards don't give a shit about producing pollution.
We fully understand who is doing what. The responsibility to stop burning fossil fuels belongs to EVERYONE and saying we shouldn't do it till they do it is childish bullshit.
If these dumbasses really thought that humans were causing climate change they would be protesting those countries.
What I have to wonder is why YOU aren't concerned about the harm being done by YOUR nation; the one where you live and vote and have some actual influence. How much impact do you think a protest on the streets of Springfield, Missouri is going to have on the governments of China and Russia? If you want to have some affect on everyone, try voting for someone who accepts mainstream science and doesn't make arguments that sound like a grade school child.
America spends as much as the rest of the world COMBINED on pollution ccontrol so we ain't the problem.
Has American STOPPED emitting CO2? No. So we ARE still part of the problem.
My Tundra ain't the problem.
Sorry, but yes it is.
It is the Chinese coal powered electric plants supplying electricity to build the stupid things that the Environmental Wackos buy at Walmart.
You're trying to use that as a cop out and everyone knows it.

I think environmental activists likely understand pollution better than the average American.

Each year you drive an EV instead of an ICE powered vehicle, you will reduce the CO2 put into the atmosphere by over 5 tons.

We fully understand who is doing what. The responsibility to stop burning fossil fuels belongs to EVERYONE and saying we shouldn't do it till they do it is childish bullshit.

What I have to wonder is why YOU aren't concerned about the harm being done by YOUR nation; the one where you live and vote and have some actual influence. How much impact do you think a protest on the streets of Springfield, Missouri is going to have on the governments of China and Russia? If you want to have some affect on everyone, try voting for someone who accepts mainstream science and doesn't make arguments that sound like a grade school child.

Sorry, but yes it is.

Stop and talk to them about the extreme tiny amount of CO2 that is actually in the atmosphere. Discuss why science measures this gas in tiny parts of a million.

Sorry, but yes it is.

It would be very interesting were you to show up to listen to Dr. Patrick Moore the founder of Greenpeace.
I would be interested in you debating the Dr. of Science.

do you know the first rule of science??

its called ,,"observation"
Do you perhaps mean the first step of the scientific method?
so who observed anything back then??
Conditions in the distant past are elucidated from a variety of geological proxies.
all this is is a guess based on assumptions
That is incorrect. They are values calculated from direct observations. For instance, temperature may be calculated from the ratio of O16 and O18 oxygen isotopes held in a variety of minerals, ice or biological structures.

Stop and talk to them about the extreme tiny amount of CO2 that is actually in the atmosphere. Discuss why science measures this gas in tiny parts of a million.
I am fully aware of the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. I am also aware, as you seem not to be, that that amount is responsible for almost all the warming observed since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. Claiming that it could not be responsible because you think its just too small an amount when you actually have no knowledge of the processes involved is just a blatant expression of ignorance. The 50% lethal dose (LD50) of plutonium is 1.6 ppm. The LD50 for dioxin is as low as 18 parts per BILLION.

Forum List

Back