This place is a joke - Merged with AIRING OUT GRIEVANCES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever hear of Godwin's Law? I think it applies particularly well in this thread.

Nazis would put you into a gas chamber using Carbon Monoxide so they could get that nice healthy pink glow on you before removing your skin and using it as a lampshade because it has a nice tattoo!

Removing you from a thread when you act like a weiner isn't quite in that same class of eggregious behavior.

dmp said:
Okay - as if to a child:

YOU say this: "We need more Liberal moderators to 'balance things out'.

See, it's very clear in YOUR statement you feel because most mods are conservatives it has an effect on how they MODERATE.
I quoted THAT statement, YOU made - remember the one I just listed a few lines up? Yeah - I quoted THAT one saying WHEN (their political slant) changes the outcome of threads due to their moderator 'powers', we'll start CARING about moderator's political slant.
YOU quoted THAT statement and said I do that all the time.
See? You're a liar or you have comprehension problems. If you can't follow lines of thought just SAY so and we'll ALL word our comments VERY clearly so you don't have to reach logical conclusions all by yourself.

Maybe you need to write more clearly and concisely...

dmp said:
I asked you to show me ONE instance of a Moderator using their mod abilities to change a thread's outcome to THEIR Point of Political View. You claimed I, specifically "do that all the time".

No you did not. Well, you think you did. The ABOVE says that now. I can't help it if you have an inability to write clear sentences

dmp said:
I can and will stop you in ad hominem attacks on my character, and insults about the way I administer or that of the moderators. Outside this 'amnesty' thread I will shut down ANY voice you have which doesn't STRICKLY adhere to the rules of this forum.

Nothing ad hominem about them at all. Look up the term. I know you'll shut me down. You give proof to the saying that giving people a little power goes to their head. I'll say it again, grow up.

Abbey Normal said:
Exactly. :clap: Don't you love it when someone new comes around and tries to change the way a well-established organization is run just to suit their pov? I've seen it everywhere from business meetings to PTA meetings to message boards. :rolleyes:

And don't you love it when people set in their cosy little ways get their panties in a wad when their little ego-driven power trip is challenged? :rotflmao:

Shattered said:
I disagree.. I don't think it's being used enough.. I can name at least half a dozen threads one particular member should have been removed from last night, but wasn't. I can also come up with close to a dozen I think should have been shut down completely last night, but weren't.

Just my opinion, tho..

And if everybody had ignored said threads and member the threads would have died a natural death like most of them are doing now....

Dr Grump said:
And if everybody had ignored said threads and member the threads would have died a natural death like most of them are doing now....

Such is the reason rules and consequences are put into place.. Because not everybody is going to ignore everything.

Having come from a political board where there were *no* rules, I can tell you...that board is no more. It's gone. Dead.

Rather than giving the Mods/Admin shit for enforcing, why not just mind your own business, and post according to how you see fit, until it becomes a problem? (I really don't mean that as rudely as it sounded..)

Most threads here DO run their course.. In comparison to what's posted in any given day, very few are actually closed.. A few, seemingly wrongfully, yes.. But most, for pretty good reason..

Honestly, if you think you can run a board better, godaddy.com will give you a domain for a whopping $8 a month.. Since you won't need Mods/Admin, you can just spend your time advertising your site, and just see what happens. :)

Dr Grump said:
My ego won't let me say i'm wrong. I'll keep going on thinking I'm right, but deep down inside I know I can't read or comprehend basic written english.
- Reality Filter Translation by dmp

Nothing ad hominem about them at all. Look up the term. I know you'll shut me down. You give proof to the saying that giving people a little power goes to their head. I'll say it again, grow up.

Of course they are ad hominem; You are calling me a liar without proof - you are taking 'how' I Admin or Moderate and bringing it to a personal nature.

You say "Boohoo - tell me why you closed a thread!!"

I say "Because it'd run it's course."

You say "Boohoo! That's not good enough! You moderate based on your desire to change the conclusion of a topic so it aligns with your political leaning!!"

I say I never do that. You call me a liar. That's personal, and has NO Basis in fact.

www.hop.com - maybe you and a couple other members can get a group discount.

Shattered said:
Such is the reason rules and consequences are put into place.. Because not everybody is going to ignore everything.

Having come from a political board where there were *no* rules, I can tell you...that board is no more. It's gone. Dead.

Rather than giving the Mods/Admin shit for enforcing, why not just mind your own business, and post according to how you see fit, until it becomes a problem? (I really don't mean that as rudely as it sounded..)

Most threads here DO run their course.. In comparison to what's posted in any given day, very few are actually closed.. A few, seemingly wrongfully, yes.. But most, for pretty good reason..

Honestly, if you think you can run a board better, godaddy.com will give you a domain for a whopping $8 a month.. Since you won't need Mods/Admin, you can just spend your time advertising your site, and just see what happens. :)

And i have come from two huge political boards that were closed and were more moderated than most including this one. I don't think moderation was the problem on them, it was the contentious posters.

All I asked was a simple, polite question. I can tell you right now, if I was a Bush-loving, God fearing, gun totting conservative my question would have been answered no problemo. But I'm not, so the defensive attitude started from the get go. Let's face it, it was just a minor question - nothing for the mods to get all het up about.

As if to prove my point, take ole Kathiann that everybody seems to treat like some little goddess. She just neg repped me for telling Roomy to stop drinking. You think she disagrees with that premise? Hell no! She neg repped me for the comments in this forum but because Jim said there should be no repercussions so she had to take her vindictiveness to another forum so as not to be seen to break the rules. THAT is what us non-conservative posters have to put up with. Pure pettiness - nothing more, nothing less. If I see somebody playing dirty, I'll call them on it...simple. If they want civil discourse I'm up for that too....As I stated before there are enough mods on these boards who are conservative AND fair and equitable we don't need the Kathi's and Darin's of this world to make this board an enjoyable place. Having said that, Jim places faith in them and you gotta respect his place in that regard. But having respect for Jim is one thing, certain mods another...

dmp said:
Of course they are ad hominem; You are calling me a liar without proof - you are taking 'how' I Admin or Moderate and bringing it to a personal nature.

You say "Boohoo - tell me why you closed a thread!!"

I say "Because it'd run it's course."

You say "Boohoo! That's not good enough! You moderate based on your desire to change the conclusion of a topic so it aligns with your political leaning!!"

I say I never do that. You call me a liar. That's personal, and has NO Basis in fact.

www.hop.com - maybe you and a couple other members can get a group discount.

Ok, NOW I'm calling you a liar. You never said the thread had run its course. You said you didn't have to give me a reason and you didn't. So the "thread has run its course" is a total lie. So is you "boo hoo" quote. Running its course by the way, is a piss-poor reason to close a thread. As long as people are talking in a civil manner it shouldn't be closed IMO. Why you would care is beyond me...

I'm not gonna address the bit about aligning with your political leanings. I've already shown the original post was all over the show and didn't make much sense. Write clearly next time what you mean...

Actually it was this post:

roomy said:
The only ones to neg rep you are the ones with enough power to not give a fuck if you reciprocate:bow2: I don't fucking think so.

dr. grump said:
Aw c'mon, you don't really care that much do ya?

Dr Grump said:
And i have come from two huge political boards that were closed and were more moderated than most including this one. I don't think moderation was the problem on them, it was the contentious posters.

All I asked was a simple, polite question. I can tell you right now, <b>if I was a Bush-loving, God fearing, gun totting conservative</b> my question would have been answered no problemo. But I'm not, so the defensive attitude started from the get go. Let's face it, it was just a minor question - nothing for the mods to get all het up about.

As if to prove my point, take ole Kathiann that everybody seems to treat like some little goddess. She just neg repped me for telling Roomy to stop drinking. You think she disagrees with that premise? Hell no! She neg repped me for the comments in this forum but because Jim said there should be no repercussions so she had to take her vindictiveness to another forum so as not to be seen to break the rules. THAT is what us non-conservative posters have to put up with. Pure pettiness - nothing more, nothing less. If I see somebody playing dirty, I'll call them on it...simple. If they want civil discourse I'm up for that too....As I stated before there are enough mods on these boards who are conservative AND fair and equitable we don't need the Kathi's and Darin's of this world to make this board an enjoyable place. Having said that, Jim places faith in them and you gotta respect his place in that regard. But having respect for Jim is one thing, certain mods another...

Sorry..but that's a load of shit. On that, I speak from personal experience.

Having been nailed by *both* of them repeatedly because of my "discussions" with Archangel, and then basically telling them to get bent when called on it... I can tell you political affiliation has nothing to do with anything. :D

Dr Grump said:

All I asked was a simple, polite question. I can tell you right now, if I was a Bush-loving, God fearing, gun totting conservative my question would have been answered no problemo. But I'm not, so the defensive attitude started from the get go. Let's face it, it was just a minor question - nothing for the mods to get all het up about.

if you are so unhappy here and dislike the way the place is run why do you stay?

Dr Grump said:
Ok, NOW I'm calling you a liar. You never said the thread had run its course. You said you didn't have to give me a reason and you didn't. So the "thread has run its course" is a total lie. So is you "boo hoo" quote. Running its course by the way, is a piss-poor reason to close a thread. As long as people are talking in a civil manner it shouldn't be closed IMO. Why you would care is beyond me...

I'm not gonna address the bit about aligning with your political leanings. I've already shown the original post was all over the show and didn't make much sense. Write clearly next time what you mean...

pssst...knucklehead...that 'conversation' I listed was an EXAMPLE of how you are just a whiner. WHATEVER answer I gave or didn't give you to WHATEVER the hell thread you wanted to remain open isn't the point.

If you want to get ahead in life, don't bitch because people use words you don't understand, try getting better at understanding, little brother.

manu1959 said:
if you are so unhappy here and dislike the way the place is run why do you stay?

Simple, m'dear.. To argue, and bitch his way to getting banned, so he can shout "I told you so!" on his way out. Problem is, tho, it hasn't happened, and as long as it remains in this thread, it probably won't happen...

Shattered said:
Simple, m'dear.. To argue, and bitch his way to getting banned, so he can shout "I told you so!" on his way out. Problem is, tho, it hasn't happened, and as long as it remains in this thread, it probably won't happen...

why do these people even bother getting up in the morning

manu1959 said:

I'm actually not that unhappy at all. I asked a simple question, which the mods didn't seem to want to answer. Roomy then started so Jim started this thread. Nothing wrong with talking it out is there?

dmp said:
pssst...knucklehead...that 'conversation' I listed was an EXAMPLE of how you are just a whiner. WHATEVER answer I gave or didn't give you to WHATEVER the hell thread you wanted to remain open isn't the point.

If you want to get ahead in life, don't bitch because people use words you don't understand, try getting better at understanding, little brother.

Sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back