This place is a joke - Merged with AIRING OUT GRIEVANCES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shattered said:
Simple, m'dear.. To argue, and bitch his way to getting banned, so he can shout "I told you so!" on his way out. Problem is, tho, it hasn't happened, and as long as it remains in this thread, it probably won't happen...

How come you guys always think people are trying to get banned? I ain't trying to get banned. Think about it, all I asked orginally was a simple question. By their very nature conservatives don't like being questioned as is shown by all you guys being here and bitching about it. It is the nature of the beast. I want to get banned? No. Just showing things as they are. If you are feeling uncomfortable about it, so be it. Calling it "whining" and "bitching" is just a dismissive way of dealing with the situation and a common tactic.

Dr Grump said:
I'm actually not that unhappy at all. I asked a simple question, which the mods didn't seem to want to answer. Roomy then started so Jim started this thread. Nothing wrong with talking it out is there?

you could have fooled me....talk all you like....people are not required to answer your questions however.

Dr Grump said:
How come you guys always think people are trying to get banned? I ain't trying to get banned. Think about it, all I asked orginally was a simple question. By their very nature conservatives don't like being questioned as is shown by all you guys being here and bitching about it. It is the nature of the beast. I want to get banned? No. Just showing things as they are. If you are feeling uncomfortable about it, so be it. Calling it "whining" and "bitching" is just a dismissive way of dealing with the situation and a common tactic.

fair enough ..... enlighten me ...what are you trying to acomplish?

Dr Grump said:

Ok.. What happened specifically to YOU to piss you off so bad?

Shattered said:
Ok.. What happened specifically to YOU to piss you off so bad?

Actually I wasn't "pissed off" so bad at all. I just queried a while ago why a thread was closed and told to bugger off...an answer which didn't satisfy me. As I said, if I had been of a different political persuasion that answer might have been forthcoming.

manu1959 said:
youare the one demanding mods answer you questions....hell you complained about it so much they started this thread just for you

Actually, that's a fair call Manu. I did want an answer to one specific question. This thread wasn't stared for me, it was started for Roomy originally.

Dr Grump said:
Actually I wasn't "pissed off" so bad at all. I just queried a while ago why a thread was closed and told to bugger off...an answer which didn't satisfy me. As I said, if had been on a different political wave that answer might have been forthcoming.

I did the same exact thing.. One members thread was closed, while another members of the same type was allowed to run free.. I wasn't satisfied with my answer either..but you know what.. I'm still alive. One persons reason for doing something are always going to be subjective..There's always going to be somebody that disagrees... If you're a Mod, or an Admin, you're basically damned if you do, and fucked if you don't. It's always going to be a no-win situation.. Cut'm some slack, and worry about your own posts...

Dr Grump said:
Not a lot it seems. It originally started out as to why Darin banned Yukon and morphed into how some mods run the board.

hmmmm.....re yukon....who cares....their board...they run it the way the want.....their house their rules

Shattered said:
I did the same exact thing.. One members thread was closed, while another members of the same type was allowed to run free.. I wasn't satisfied with my answer either..but you know what.. I'm still alive. One persons reason for doing something are always going to be subjective..There's always going to be somebody that disagrees... If you're a Mod, or an Admin, you're basically damned if you do, and fucked if you don't. It's always going to be a no-win situation.. Cut'm some slack, and worry about your own posts...

You make a fair point, but a simple answer isn't that hard to address. I disagree with you about being damned if you do etc. If a thread starts going south real bad (lots of cussing and people posting objectionable pics etc) I can see why they would close a thread. I can't see anybody complaining if a thread takes another direction or morphs into something else, can you? When was the last time that happened? I doubt it ever has....so I don't think the mods would be damned by anybody if that occurred.

manu1959 said:
hmmmm.....re yukon....who cares....their board...they run it the way the want.....their house their rules

I disagree. It's Jim's board and they work on his behalf. If users see things they don't like or want addressing I don't see a problem with that being queried.

Dr Grump said:
You make a fair point, but a simple answer isn't that hard to address. I disagree with you about being damned if you do etc. If a thread starts going south real bad (lots of cussing and people posting objectionable pics etc) I can see why they would close a thread. I can't see anybody complaining if a thread takes another direction or morphs into something else, can you? When was the last time that happened? I doubt it ever has....so I don't think the mods would be damned by anybody if that occurred.

There are different sections of the board for different types of discussion.. If a discussion in World Politics morphs into discussion about Hell's Kitchen, it should be either closed, or moved to the lower half of the board to keep things clean.. It's not an insult to anyone.. It's general board upkeep.. (if that's what you were getting at - your post wasn't real clear)..

As much fun as this is, I have tornados flying around my head less than 10 mins from me, and moving toward me, so I'm going to go collect my cats and sit in the threatre room in the basement for a bit..

Toodles! :D

Dr Grump said:
I disagree. It's Jim's board and they work on his behalf. If users see things they don't like or want addressing I don't see a problem with that being queried.

fair enough....but did jim change anything? fire them? replace them? nope....
but then that doesn't bother me because i was taught to behave a certain way when a guest in anothers "home"

A house cleaning of MODS is in order here, has been for a long time IMO. It’s a great board, but that doesn’t mean it is without some problems. Nothing personal, but what Grump and some others have said in this thread is true.

This board can be better than it is. Some Mods are seldom here. Some are here a great deal. IMO all mods should be involved in the board all the time, not just a few, Tis not my call I understand that.

Just my 2 cents.
Good Luck.

Shattered said:
There are different sections of the board for different types of discussion.. If a discussion in World Politics morphs into discussion about Hell's Kitchen, it should be either closed, or moved to the lower half of the board to keep things clean.. It's not an insult to anyone.. It's general board upkeep.. (if that's what you were getting at - your post wasn't real clear)..

As much fun as this is, I have tornados flying around my head less than 10 mins from me, and moving toward me, so I'm going to go collect my cats and sit in the threatre room in the basement for a bit..

I have no problem with threads being moved to their correct location.

Hope things work out Ok....

Dr Grump said:
And don't you love it when people set in their cosy little ways get their panties in a wad when their little ego-driven power trip is challenged? :rotflmao:

Geez, it sounds like you are feeling, as libs love to call it, disenfranchised. Believe it or not, things have worked just fine here with the moderators we have long before you showed up, and they will continue to work fine long after you are gone.

Personally, I wouldn't spend one minute of my precious time on a board that I thought sucked as much as you do this one. I would move on (hint hint) to a place that I thought had capable mods and admins. You cannot seriously think that you can stay here and turn the board into one that reflects your personal wishes. I think Jim's laid back admin style has gone to your head. As the saying goes, do not mistake kindness for weakness.

I do not get into board wars, and stay out of complainers rants, but here's the bottom line: You are rude and out of line with your denigration of our mods and admins. Such hubris from a guy who has been here for such a short while is preposterous.

Shattered said:

Threads morph naturally, as do conversations. Why on earth would you want someone else unilaterally deciding your conversation is at an end so long as it is respectful and civil?

manu1959 said:
fair enough....but did jim change anything? fire them? replace them? nope...."

That is true, but he did set up this thread, which would suggest he was interested in feedback.

manu1959 said:
but then that doesn't bother me because i was taught to behave a certain way when a guest in anothers "home"

If you were being totally honest you would also so that it doesn't bother you because you are of the same political/idealogical persuasion as the mods. And I have been nothing but courteous and friendly to Jim - it's his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back