This place is a joke - Merged with AIRING OUT GRIEVANCES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abbey Normal said:
Geez, it sounds like you are feeling, as libs love to call it, disenfranchised. Believe it or not, things have worked just fine here with the moderators we have long before you showed up, and they will continue to work fine long after you are gone.

Personally, I wouldn't spend one minute of my precious time on a board that I thought sucked as much as you do this one. I would move on (hint hint) to a place that I thought had capable mods and admins. You cannot seriously think that you can stay here and turn the board into one that reflects your personal wishes. I think Jim's laid back admin style has gone to your head. As the saying goes, do not mistake kindness for weakness.

I do not get into board wars, and stay out of complainers rants, but here's the bottom line: You are rude and out of line with your denigration of our mods and admins. Such hubris from a guy who has been here for such a short while is preposterous.

Nope not feeling disenfranchised at all. I think Jim is a fair and equitable person and he has proved that time and again.

I don't think this board sucks at all and I do not in any way expect it to turn into one that reflects my wishes. All I asked was a simple question. That is just being silly.

As for being rude and out of line, mayhap Darin shouldn't have started out that way with me. He isn't a god you know....he's just a guy on a messageboard.

As for hubris, that is a typical conservative leaning. Let's all kowtow and be little sheeple because we are new here. Let's not say anything because you might be seen as a troublemaker. Get over yourself Abbey....

jillian said:
Threads morph naturally, as do conversations. Why on earth would you want someone else unilaterally deciding your conversation is at an end so long as it is respectful and civil?
One of my problems with "This thread has run its course" closed.

Dr Grump said:
That is true, but he did set up this thread, which would suggest he was interested in feedback.

If you were being totally honest you would also so that it doesn't bother you because you are of the same political/idealogical persuasion as the mods. And I have been nothing but courteous and friendly to Jim - it's his home.

possibly but having been here for a while....it seems to me that this was set up to avoid having other threads destroyed...

to call me partially honest is rude....but being rude is how you are.....as for my politice....my politics would surprise you for i am far from what you belive me to be....

farewell and good luck in your search

manu1959 said:
possibly but having been here for a while....it seems to me that this was set up to avoid having other threads destroyed...

to call me partially honest is rude....but being rude is how you are.....as for my politice....my politics would surprise you for i am far from what you belive me to be....

farewell and good luck in your search

And calling me a little man when I had not even addressed you isn't rude? I am not rude by nature and if you look at who does the calling first it is not I. And it wasn't my intent to be rude, but I honestly believe that you fall on their side of the fence, and going by other posts of yours on other threads I have yet to see my opinion being wrong in that regard.

I believe Jim when he says he won't take any shit and not to take advantage of his nicer nature. Therefore I don't think he would tolerate a thread that destroys his place so I doubt that was his reason for starting this thread.

Dr Grump said:
Nope not feeling disenfranchised at all. I think Jim is a fair and equitable person and he has proved that time and again.

I don't think this board sucks at all and I do not in any way expect it to turn into one that reflects my wishes. All I asked was a simple question. That is just being silly.

As for being rude and out of line, mayhap Darin shouldn't have started out that way with me. He isn't a god you know....he's just a guy on a messageboard.

As for hubris, that is a typical conservative leaning. Let's all kowtow and be little sheeple because we are new here. Let's not say anything because you might be seen as a troublemaker. Get over yourself Abbey....

You know what's really funny? How you've bitched and moaned for two days now, called mods and admins all sort of names, and then when you are called on it by several people, you revert to your guileless "I just asked a simple little question" backpedal. In addition to rude and out of line, I wil now add dishonest to your list of sterling quallities. If you are going to start all this anti-mod, let's get rid of 'em cause I don't like 'em crap, at least be a man about it and admit you are doing it. And this thread didn't magically "morph" into that. Your posting about the mods did that.

As for me "getting over myself", huh? Are you complaining that I am disenfranchising you too? I am expressing my opinion about all the stuff you have stirred up. I happen to agree with Manu that you don't start crap with your hosts when you are a guest in their house. On another board, we called what you have been doing "sh*t-stirring.

Abbey Normal said:
You know what's really funny? How you've bitched and moaned for two days now, called mods and admins all sort of names, and then when you are called on it by several people, you revert to your guileless "I just asked a simple little question" backpedal. In addition to rude and out of line, I wil now add dishonest to your list of sterling quallities. If you are going to start all this anti-mod, let's get rid of 'em cause I don't like 'em crap, at least be a man about it and admit you are doing it. And this thread didn't magically "morph" into that. Your posting about the mods did that.

As for me "getting over myself", huh? Are you complaining that I am disenfranchising you too? I am expressing MY opinion about all the garbage YOU have stirred up. I happen to agree with Manu that you don't start crap with your hosts when you are a guest in their house. On another board, we called what you have been doing "sh*t-stirring. I think the term is more than applicable here.

Ah, yes the old "I have no answers to your queries, so I'll just flame"..talk about shit stirring. Abbey dear, even at your best you couldn't disenfranchise me.
I do not like moderation, I have stated that before, but this is Jim's house and he wants them....and some of them are very good. That is not the problem. And it WAS a simple question. In order for a convo to morph it takes more than one poster to do so - you are on here too doing so, so you are helping. So go back to your hidden thread and your coven and bitch some more. When you have something to add to the convo, come back.

Dr Grump said:
Ah, yes the old "I have no answers to your queries, so I'll just flame"..talk about shit stirring. Abbey dear, even at your best you couldn't disenfranchise me.
I do not like moderation, I have stated that before, but this is Jim's house and he wants them....and some of them are very good. That is not the problem. And it WAS a simple question. In order for a convo to morph it takes more than one poster to do so - you are on here too doing so, so you are helping. So go back to your hidden thread and your coven and bitch some more. When you have something to add to the convo, come back.

Just because others reply to your attacks on the mods, doesn't mean they made this thread what it is. That, my dear, rests squarely on you.

As I said before, this board was fine before you showed up, and it will be fine long after you are gone. Don't let the screen door hit you, kay?

Ah, scratch a lib just a bit, and the name-calling comes out. Now I'm a witch. Woohoo! Seems kind of childish, but I guess you go with your strengths when arguing.

Okay, by my reckoning, it is now your turn to go into your "Darin and Kathianne are incompetent liars, but it was just simple little question" routine.

And more name-calling of me too, no doubt.

T-10, 9, 8, 7...

Mr. P said:
One of my problems with "This thread has run its course" closed.

Yup. There is that. Mostly this is a nice place to hang and the discussions can be interesting. A little fine-tuning doesn't hurt sometimes. I have to say I've been generally treated fairly since I've gotten here and only been neg-repped for my opinion once.

Doesn't mean that some people aren't a bit full of themselves. :)

Abbey Normal said:
Just because others reply to your attacks on the mods, doesn't mean they made this thread what it is. That, my dear, rests squarely on you.

As I said before, this board was fine before you showed up, and it will be fine long after you are gone. Don't let the screen door hit you, kay?

Ah, scratch a lib just a bit, and the name-calling comes out. Now I'm a witch. Woohoo! Seems kind of childish, but I guess you go with your strengths when arguing.

Okay, by my reckoning, it is now your turn to go into your "Darin and Kathianne are incompetent liars, but it was just simple little question" routine.

And more name-calling of me too, no doubt.

T-10, 9, 8, 7...

As somebody rightfully pointed out, you don't have to come outright and insult somebody to be insulting and rereading your first post on here was about as rude as it gets, so stop acting like you are being hard done by. You came in all guns blazing, don't act so hard done by when it is turned back on you. I plan to be around for a long time Abbey. And yes, Abbey, others replying does make this thread what it is. If they didn't, it would die, which is fine by me...

jillian said:
Yup. There is that. Mostly this is a nice place to hang and the discussions can be interesting. A little fine-tuning doesn't hurt sometimes. I have to say I've been generally treated fairly since I've gotten here and only been neg-repped for my opinion once.

Doesn't mean that some people aren't a bit full of themselves. :)

I don't think anyone minds positive suggestions on how things could improve, and I too have been surprised by a few of the "thread has run it's course" closings. I see a big difference, though, between expressing a wish for a change in procedure, and openly dissing mods and admins. Something I have not seen you do, btw. :)

Dr Grump said:
As somebody rightfully pointed out, you don't have to come outright and insult somebody to be insulting and rereading your first post on here was about as rude as it gets, so stop acting like you are being hard done by. You came in all guns blazing, don't act so hard done by when it is turned back on you. I plan to be around for a long time Abbey. And yes, Abbey, others replying does make this thread what it is. If they didn't, it would die, which is fine by me...

My first post is quoted below. I can't believe you have the cajones to state that this is "as rude as it gets". Especially after all you've said here. I stand by it, and after reading how you've treated others on here, I am rather proud of my restraint.

Nice try.

Exactly. Don't you love it when someone new comes around and tries to change the way a well-established organization is run just to suit their pov? I've seen it everywhere from business meetings to PTA meetings to message boards.

Abbey Normal said:
My first post is quoted below. I can't believe you have the cajones to state that this is "as rude as it gets". Especially after all you've said here. I stand by it, and after reading how you've treated others on here, I am rather proud of my restraint.

Nice try.

My bad. I was talking about you second post, I forgot about this first one. I have only treated others how they have treated me. Go figure.

laterZ

Dr Grump said:
My bad. I was talking about you second post, I forgot about this first one. I have only treated others how they have treated me. Go figure.

laterZ

Me too. I have to run to a Father's Day lobster, corn on the cob, potato salad feast, to be followed by much (in)digestion, I'm sure.

Abbey Normal said:
I don't think anyone minds positive suggestions on how things could improve, and I too have been surprised by a few of the "thread has run it's course" closings. I see a big difference, though, between expressing a wish for a change in procedure, and openly dissing mods and admins. Something I have not seen you do, btw. :)

I think in terms of Grump, he made it clear he was responding to Darin's tone, which was pretty combative. Doesn't make his suggestions less positive but no one should be expected to not respond accordingly when treated a certain way.

And, no, I haven't attacked the mods. I'm very careful not to because they've been fair to me down to a one and some went out of their way to make me feel welcome here and even stood up for me against a poster of far longer duration when they thought it was the right thing to do.

Again, doesn't invalidate Grump's observations. Nor do I think he stated them in a negative way.

The two that are getting the most flack are the two that actually moderate.. Is it possible familiarity breeds contempt?

Abbey Normal said:

That's exactly what's happening - his passive agressive bullshit.

Grump: Darin's a liar!
Abbey: "no, you started shit talking!"
Grump:"All I did was ask a QUESTION!!" (wimper...wimper..)

Abbey - I've known his kind on board before; The blustering and fussing when they can't be in charge. When they get called on what they said they say 'Well, YOU should have been More CLEAR!!" blah blah blah.

Thanks for your efforts AN. He's stuck on 2+2=5.

Shattered said:
The two that are getting the most flack are the two that actually moderate.. Is it possible familiarity breeds contempt?

I don't know about familiarity but it doesn't surprise me that the two who do the most "disciplining" are the ones who catch the flack. I don't think anyone really likes to get chastised especially by those who out rank them. Chalk it up to human nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back