This Just In: Dede Scozzafava Drops Out

I must admit, I didnt expect this turn of events. But assuming all goes well Tuesday, it looks as though we've won a major victory on the right.

What it might mean is that the people are coming to their senses ans seeing the err of Liberalism/Progressivism/Statism because of the huge loss in Jobs, and the downturn in tyhe economy brought about BY Government policies...to their detriment.

It's Good for the health of the Republic if it is to survive as we've known it in the past.

Yeah...I used to be young and naïve, too.

And I'm not apathetic... That's cynicism tempered by reality.

I'm not being young and naive. I know all too well the reality of this situation vs what should be going on. However, what I'm saying is that the minute we give up and become people who don't pressure their lawmakers to do anything done then we are in trouble.

But why would we the people pressure the Government to do things that ultimately would kill the economy and the Republic? These are the questions that we elct these people to solve for us.

And anything short of keeping the people in POWER ultimately is suicide.

Missed her list of endorsers, didn't you?

Newt Gringrich, Peter T. King, NRA, and Log Cabin Republicans are Liberals?

Or are you referring to the endorsement she received that she did not seek from the founder of DailyKos?

I like to know what makes her radically different from Doug. The fact she's not against Gay Marriage I'm assuming?
Daily Kos, ACORN, the uber leftist Working Families Party.

She's also for the card check and cap-n-gouge scams.

Like Kos said; "she's the most liberal candidate in the race who's not a democrat".

Working Families endorsed Owens.

T, I think you are correct in assuming that many will now vote for substance over party. As we have seen the massive amount of people protesting in DC, Tea Party's and stuff. I mean I see those people and I just know that there are many at home that feel the same way but didn't' go out and carry a sign.

I would wager to guess a total number would be around 5 million or more. That is substantial. I think looking at the total number who go out to the polls as opposed to past years will be the KEY in learning more insight on just how large this movement is.

I'm hopeful!

But why would we the people pressure the Government to do things that ultimately would kill the economy and the Republic? These are the questions that we elct these people to solve for us.

I didn't realize taking Marriage out of any legal sense would kill the economy and destroy the Republic. These issues go just beyond Health Care. However, speaking of HC, if we do NOTHING on it like we are now, this situation will only grow worse. Republicans in Congress are not even trying to bother compromising, they are simply "dithering" and the American People suffer because of it.

I didn't realize taking Marriage out of any legal sense would kill the economy and destroy the Republic. These issues go just beyond Health Care. However, speaking of HC, if we do NOTHING on it like we are now, this situation will only grow worse. Republicans in Congress are not even trying to bother compromising, they are simply "dithering" and the American People suffer because of it.

And Do tell me, and the rest of the assembled what POWER Republicans/Repubicans have to stop the legislation?

The only reason it isn't RAMMED through is the POWER of the people telling the Congress "NO"!

And this fact escapes you? And WHOM was talking 'Marriage" anyway? Why do you tend to deflect? It's an astounding phenom.

Great decision but i hope it isn't too late. How could the Republicans run her as their candidate in the first place? Shame on Newt Gingrich for endorsing her. I now have to put Newt Gingrich on the list of phony Republicans who are not to be trusted. He has now joined Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham on the list. I really am rooting for Hoffman.

Ditto.

T, I think you are correct in assuming that many will now vote for substance over party. As we have seen the massive amount of people protesting in DC, Tea Party's and stuff. I mean I see those people and I just know that there are many at home that feel the same way but didn't' go out and carry a sign.

I would wager to guess a total number would be around 5 million or more. That is substantial. I think looking at the total number who go out to the polls as opposed to past years will be the KEY in learning more insight on just how large this movement is.

I'm hopeful!
You and I are both hopeful. This has grown beyond parties. This has grown into a fight for livlihood for hundreds of millions of folks whom seek t find work, keep their jobs or create businesses.

BOTH parties had better take note in the larger point. And I speak as one who talks to many on a daily basis during my workday. Politicians aren't trusted and ARE being watched with a jaundiced, battered eye...the party lines aren't there. These are citizens of all stripes that are sick of the shenanigans.

And Do tell me, and the rest of the assembled what POWER Republicans/Repubicans have to stop the legislation?

The only reason it isn't RAMMED through is the POWER of the people telling the Congress "NO"!

And this fact escapes you? And WHOM was talking 'Marriage" anyway? Why do you tend to deflect? It's an astounding phenom.

Considering the Dems only have 60 votes on paper, Republicans have plenty of power. Just because the Republican Party is going through the motions of kicking out their moderates, doesn't mean the Dems are.

As for the power of the people, in reality you should mean the Health Care Lobby.

To me it has move way beyond party but a lot here and other boards are still focused on my team against your team. They still don't get it. I'm hoping they do but are the select few that cannot admit openly otherwise.

Considering the Dems only have 60 votes on paper, Republicans have plenty of power. Just because the Republican Party is going through the motions of kicking out their moderates, doesn't mean the Dems are.

As for the power of the people, in reality you should mean the Health Care Lobby.

They don't even have 60 on paper. On just about any issue of substance, Lieberman is going to vote with the Republicans.

To me it has move way beyond party but a lot here and other boards are still focused on my team against your team. They still don't get it. I'm hoping they do but are the select few that cannot admit openly otherwise.

As I do hope. But I hope they find the GUTS, the intestinal fortitude to break the partisan crap, and just speak as Americans worried of their countrys' direction.

They don't even have 60 on paper. On just about any issue of substance, Lieberman is going to vote with the Republicans.

and who gives a tinker's damn? At least Liberman sees this as the wrong direction, and is Honest of it, as an Independent.

At least HE has the MOXY to break the Partisan bullshit.

As I do hope. But I hope they find the GUTS, the intestinal fortitude to break the partisan crap, and just speak as Americans worried of their countrys' direction.
Agree, doesn't have to be about party but rather what is best for the MAJORITY not the minority

and who gives a tinker's damn? At least Liberman sees this as the wrong direction, and is Honest of it, as an Independent.

It has nothing to do with moxie. It has to do with him being a pissy little whiner because he lost a primary.

He's a hypocrite.

This is his own words in 1994:

“The whole process of individual senators being able to hold up legislation, which in a sense is an extension of the filibuster because the hold has been understood in one way to be a threat to filibuster — it’s just unfair.”

“I’m very proud to be standing here with Tom [Harkin] as two Democrats saying that we’re going to begin this fight, because we’ve just been stung by the filibuster for a period of years, and even though the tables have now turned, it doesn’t make it right for us to use this instrument that we so vilified.”

It has nothing to do with moxie. It has to do with him being a pissy little whiner because he lost a primary.

It has EVERYTHING to do with GUTS. Something *YOU* wouldn't understand, BOY.

He's a hypocrite.

This is his own words in 1994:

“The whole process of individual senators being able to hold up legislation, which in a sense is an extension of the filibuster because the hold has been understood in one way to be a threat to filibuster — it’s just unfair.”

“I’m very proud to be standing here with Tom [Harkin] as two Democrats saying that we’re going to begin this fight, because we’ve just been stung by the filibuster for a period of years, and even though the tables have now turned, it doesn’t make it right for us to use this instrument that we so vilified.”

I don't give a tinker's DAMN what he said in the past. Wrong is wrong, and he sees it for what it is, and has GUTS to admit it.

Republican state Assemblywoman Dierdre Scozzafava has suspended her campaign for upstate New York's 23rd Congressional District seat, giving a possible boost to Conservative Party nominee Doug Hoffman against Democrat Bill Owens, Fox News has confirmed.

The move comes on the heels of a new poll that showed Scozzafava had fallen behind her two competitors in a close race.

Republican Scozzafava Drops Out of New York Congressional Race - FOXNews.com

merged

Forum List

Back