This Just In: Dede Scozzafava Drops Out

and who gives a tinker's damn? At least Liberman sees this as the wrong direction, and is Honest of it, as an Independent.

At least HE has the MOXY to break the Partisan bullshit.

It has nothing to do with moxie. It has to do with him being a pissy little whiner because he lost a primary.

It has EVERYTHING to do with GUTS. Something *YOU* wouldn't understand, BOY.

Flipping your position because you're pissed off over losing isn't guts. It's being a crybaby, which is something you know quite a bit about, Tommy.

It has nothing to do with moxie. It has to do with him being a pissy little whiner because he lost a primary.

Flipping your position because you're pissed off over losing isn't guts. It's being a crybaby, which is something you know quite a bit about, Tommy.

Who's pissed off? Not *ME*. Try again with your label, *BOY*. I'm talkin' DIRECTLY to *YOU*...*BOY* You don't have the LIFE experience to say much of anything ABOUT anything Polky.

Last edited:
I don't give a tinker's DAMN what he said in the past. Wrong is wrong, and he sees it for what it is, and has GUTS to admit it.

Except he was right in 1994. This is politics and Joe is still pissed off about 2006.

Listen if even myself who has opened her eyes over the past few years and now be on the correct side of America so can a politician. What one thought back in 1994 with what was going on in the world is so much different now. All cuffs are off now. I'll give any politician the benefit of the doubt if they flip flop but remain true to the Constitution and not any party.

Who's pissed off? Not *ME*. Try again with your label, *BOY*. I'm talkin' DIRECTLY to *YOU*...*BOY* You don't have the LIFE experience to say much of anything ABOUT anything Polky.

Lieberman is pissed off. And yeah, seems you are as well.

I don't give a tinker's DAMN what he said in the past. Wrong is wrong, and he sees it for what it is, and has GUTS to admit it.

Except he was right in 1994. This is politics and Joe is still pissed off about 2006.

You mean it isn't just chance that Joe's position has changed on this since 2006 and that after that defeat he's stumping for Republicans?

Newt Gingrich simply chose Party over Country in my opinion. This is why more people need to become Independents. I think more & more people are just getting so sick of being told that they have to vote for a candidate simply because they have a (D) or an (R) by their name. This is exactly what the Republican Party tried to do here. "Just vote for the woman even though she doesn't stand for anything you believe in because she has an (R) by her name." It's good to see so many standing up against that lame stuff. It really is time to drive the phony check pant country club types out of the party for good. Newt is a fraud just like Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham are. The time is now to change things in the Republican Party.

Newt will be proven correct over time.

And Do tell me, and the rest of the assembled what POWER Republicans/Repubicans have to stop the legislation?

The only reason it isn't RAMMED through is the POWER of the people telling the Congress "NO"!

And this fact escapes you? And WHOM was talking 'Marriage" anyway? Why do you tend to deflect? It's an astounding phenom.

Considering the Dems only have 60 votes on paper, Republicans have plenty of power. Just because the Republican Party is going through the motions of kicking out their moderates, doesn't mean the Dems are.

As for the power of the people, in reality you should mean the Health Care Lobby.

JFK, Zell Miller and the rest of that bunch would look like extreme right conservatives to you and your fellow liberals. You all would benefit from studying a little history. The democratic party was hijacked by a bunch of left wing loons and that's what you have leading this country now and it aint a pretty sight.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Lieberman is a democrat and always was one, he votes most consistantly with the democrats. His own party threw him under the bus and he went independent.

Newt Gingrich simply chose Party over Country in my opinion. This is why more people need to become Independents. I think more & more people are just getting so sick of being told that they have to vote for a candidate simply because they have a (D) or an (R) by their name. This is exactly what the Republican Party tried to do here. "Just vote for the woman even though she doesn't stand for anything you believe in because she has an (R) by her name." It's good to see so many standing up against that lame stuff. It really is time to drive the phony check pant country club types out of the party for good. Newt is a fraud just like Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham are. The time is now to change things in the Republican Party.

I love Newt, but he was dead wrong on this call and he probably knows it now. The GOP had better get their stuff together and hold true to the fiscal conservatism priority or else be a party no more. They know it now and cut the legs out from under Deidre.

Last edited:

You mean it isn't just chance that Joe's position has changed on this since 2006 and that after that defeat he's stumping for Republicans?

A little history on leibermann, he usually votes liberal but sometimes does switch.

LieberDem: The Truth about Lieberman's Voting Record

is this the candidate that newt supported?
yep

And the Conservative candidate was ahead of the GOP endorsed one?

YIKES! Seems that Newt may talk a Conservative game, but backs the wrong one according to the people of that District. I am not quite yet at calling Newt a Partisan HACK just yet.

Newt used to talk a good game about principles. He is, lately, however, indifferent to principles and is more into whatever he seems to consider pragmatic politics.

Others DO call it "hack."

In fact, they may be right.

I love Newt, but he was dead wrong on this call and he probably knows it now. The GOP had better get their stuff together and hold true to the fiscal conservatism priority or else be a party no more. They know it now and cut the legs out from under Deidre.

Agreed. He was DEAD Wrong.

Another surprise in the hotly contested special House election in upstate New York: This morning, the Republican candidate, Dede Scozzafava, suspended her campaign and released her supporters.

She hasn’t endorsed either of her rivals, but told her local paper that a Siena Research Institute poll out today showed her too far behind to be a viable candidate.

GOP Candidate Drops Out in Upstate New York House Race - Washington Wire - WSJ

good riddance to bad rubbish.

YIKES! Seems that Newt may talk a Conservative game, but backs the wrong one according to the people of that District. I am not quite yet at calling Newt a Partisan HACK just yet.

Newt used to talk a good game about principles. He is, lately, however, indifferent to principles and is more into whatever he seems to consider pragmatic politics.

yeah, wonder what got into that guy. im thinking he may have been trying to test his clout against that of Palin.

This is great news. Now, let's hope the RNC gets the message - "if you want to win elections you'd better run conservative candidates". Candidates that support Cap-n-tax, Single payer health care, higher taxes, and massive government (like Scozzafava) have a party already - they are the Democrats.

yeah, wonder what got into that guy. im thinking he may have been trying to test his clout against that of Palin.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that is an interesting observation - and would be very "Newt-like", as bit of a tester to see not so much the public reaction, but rather the Republican Party machine reaction.

Gingrich is a valuable intellectual voice for the conservative movement, but if Hoffman does in fact win, it will be a clear misstep for Newt on this occassion. Nothing that will harm him long term going into 2010 and beyond, but certainly a bit of a wake up call.

More notably, will be the party elite scratching their collective heads and wondering if Palin does in fact hold that much grass roots influence. Again, if Hoffman wins, it would have to be an undeniable yes. A couple of Facebook postings and big bucks began pouring in for Hoffman the next day and voter interest in the race shot up - followed by a leap in the polling data that could very well carry Hoffman to comfortable victory.

Both a fascinating and remarkable turn of events!

yeah, wonder what got into that guy. im thinking he may have been trying to test his clout against that of Palin.

Ah, that is an interesting observation - and would be very "Newt-like", as bit of a tester to see not so much the public reaction, but rather the Republican Party machine reaction.

Gingrich is a valuable intellectual voice for the conservative movement, but if Hoffman does in fact win, it will be a clear misstep for Newt on this occassion. Nothing that will harm him long term going into 2010 and beyond, but certainly a bit of a wake up call.

More notably, will be the party elite scratching their collective heads and wondering if Palin does in fact hold that much grass roots influence. Again, if Hoffman wins, it would have to be an undeniable yes. A couple of Facebook postings and big bucks began pouring in for Hoffman the next day and voter interest in the race shot up - followed by a leap in the polling data that could very well carry Hoffman to comfortable victory.

they will have to keep an eye on ACORN

Last edited:

they will have to keep an eye on ACORN

Many eyes will be on NY23...

I found
im thinking he may have been trying to test his clout against that of Palin
also interesting but then thinking more on it would Newt really do something like that and risk it all? Maybe the RNC had him do it to test exactly the temperature on the political thermometer. Newt is all about party if you ask me so the later to me fits better.

Forum List

Back