This Just In: Dede Scozzafava Drops Out

So in short? The Democrats are constantly re-inventing the language to suit the cause du jour? Got it. And I agree.

Certainly, but so have the Republicans. To call the Republican Party the party of conservatism is a joke.

At this point-in-time in history would bear that out. And as I have said? Republicans, until they get RID of the*[ Democrat wannabes] in the party will continue to suffer.

* Footnote: [Democrat Wannabes], will heretofore be referred to by me as Repubicans.

Well history would point out that the Republican Party has never been the party of conservatism. There have been a few exceptions to the rule, but for the most part the Republican Party has been the party of big government, business subsidies, and tariffs.

New Siena poll -taken before Dede dropped out of course, shows a virtual dead heat between Hoffman and the Democrat Owns - but with the vast majority of momentum in Hoffman's favor. The trend for Hoffman would have been considerable right up to Election Day as it was, but now with Dede's announcement, should prove even greater.

Prediction - Hoffman wins by a 3-5 point margin on Election Day. And much gnashing of the entrenched Party elite will commence...

The Daily Politics - NY Daily News

And if Hoffman wins? It will be a GOOD DAY to be a New Yorker again. Could the State be on a streak of denouncing the ill policies that has had a grip on it for so long, and forced it to be a bastion of failure? (Like Michigan/KaleeFornya)?

Liberalism on the downswing?

New Siena poll -taken before Dede dropped out of course, shows a virtual dead heat between Hoffman and the Democrat Owns - but with the vast majority of momentum in Hoffman's favor. The trend for Hoffman would have been considerable right up to Election Day as it was, but now with Dede's announcement, should prove even greater.

Prediction - Hoffman wins by a 3-5 point margin on Election Day. And much gnashing of the entrenched Party elite will commence...

And if Hoffman wins? It will be a GOOD DAY to be a New Yorker again. Could the State be on a streak of denouncing the ill policies that has had a grip on it for so long, and forced it to be a bastion of failure? (Like Michigan/KaleeFornya)?

I think more so than anything else it will be a referendum on corruption has to go. The vast majority in that state still think their state needs a lot of Social programs so they haven't figure it out yet. They think if the corruption is gone then the money will be there to pay for those socialize programs.

I think more so than anything else it will be a referendum on corruption has to go. The vast majority in that state still think their state needs a lot of Social programs so they haven't figure it out yet. They think if the corruption is gone then the money will be there to pay for those socialize programs.

You know if that is true? Even that is SAD. My what Tax reform could do for New York State?

You know if that is true? Even that is SAD. My what Tax reform could do for New York State?
I concluded that by listening to about 11 dems from NJ the other night on some panel talking on who they would vote for and why. What was their concerns. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Of Course T, they have to start somewhere so at least the corruption is an issue with them. lol

Pffft!

A "do nothing" gubmint can't screw up any worse than they already have.

The Government isn't the problem. It can be part of the solution if we care enough and take enough action. However, when people become Apathetic then you have a tougher situation on your hands.

I concluded that by listening to about 11 dems from NJ the other night on some panel talking on who they would vote for and why. What was their concerns. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

And I can about BET [without HEARING it], that it was about 'Government helping the so-called downtrodden with the power of Government with NO mention of Government reducing taxes and getting out of the individual's way...so they could do it themselves...

Am I close? Self-Importance of Government mignions who think the people are too damned stupid to do it on their own?

Curious?

And I can about BET [without HEARING it], that it was about 'Government helping the so-called downtrodden with the power of Government with NO mention of Government reducing taxes and getting out of the individual's way...so they could do it themselves...

Am I close? Self-Importance of Government mignions who think the people are too damned stupid to do it on their own?

Curious?
That attitude is offensive on so many levels and now it comes from both parties.

We really do need either GOP reform (or Dem - I don't give a damn about the label) or a third party - T-party?

I must admit, I didnt expect this turn of events. But assuming all goes well Tuesday, it looks as though we've won a major victory on the right.

Pffft!

A "do nothing" gubmint can't screw up any worse than they already have.

The Government isn't the problem. It can be part of the solution if we care enough and take enough action. However, when people become Apathetic then you have a tougher situation on your hands.
Yeah...I used to be young and naïve, too.

And I'm not apathetic... That's cynicism tempered by reality.

Another surprise in the hotly contested special House election in upstate New York: This morning, the Republican candidate, Dede Scozzafava, suspended her campaign and released her supporters.

She hasn’t endorsed either of her rivals, but told her local paper that a Siena Research Institute poll out today showed her too far behind to be a viable candidate.

GOP Candidate Drops Out in Upstate New York House Race - Washington Wire - WSJ
Saw it earlier, someone posted it in a thread.

Now we will see if people want something different.

Curious?
pretty much except a few so called IND stated that the Taxes and Corruption is a problem.

Curious?
That attitude is offensive on so many levels and now it comes from both parties.

We really do need either GOP reform (or Dem - I don't give a damn about the label) or a third party - T-party?

yeah when it comes to party 'labels' I frankly am offended by them I rather vote on principle(s).

The GOP is either gonna sink or swim 2010, as is the Democrat Party. I think people are gonna SHED the monikers and look at substance rather than LABEL.

Curious?
pretty much except a few so called IND stated that the Taxes and Corruption is a problem.

As I suspected. And I consider myself an Average [Tom] (;) ), and it is easy to predict in the present climate.

And KUDOS to the "Independents" for telling it like it is. Taxation has become a weapon (or rather a TOOL of maipulation) of Politics these days. And corruption? That's a no-brainer to anyone who pays even miniscule attention.

I appreciate the answer Terry. :cool:

Yeah...I used to be young and naïve, too.

And I'm not apathetic... That's cynicism tempered by reality.

I'm not being young and naive. I know all too well the reality of this situation vs what should be going on. However, what I'm saying is that the minute we give up and become people who don't pressure their lawmakers to do anything done then we are in trouble.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back