This Just In: Dede Scozzafava Drops Out

In Westchester County, jNY, ust north of NYC, the liberal Democrat County Executive somehow managed to secure the "Conservative" Party line. It led to a LOT of bad blood and a court fight which the Conservative Party is CHAPPED over. The incumbant liberal Democratic is offically ON the ballot as the Conservative Party candidate. Cheesey bullshit politics.

The Conservative Party chairman was SO pissed off, he actually sent out a mailing asking conservatives to vote for the REPUBLICAN rather than let the incumbant free-spending liberal Democratic to sully the true name of the Conservative Party.

There is an undercurrent in all of this. The liberal Democratics have had a measure of success in the last couple of elections. But the NY State Senate became a national laughingstock when the Democratics in the majority somehow managed to fuck it up and ended up in a stalemate for a few weeks earlier this year. I laughed out loud. I LOVE when my legislators can't do shit.

The CONSERVATIVE 3P candidate in NY's 23rd is now poised to take the House seat.

And it is taking a faux "independent" candidate in stinking New Jersey to give the liberal Democrat Governor (ex-Senator corzine) a shot at salvaging his gubenatorial seat.
Let me ask you this Liability. Do you think this is a strategy the DNC will do in 2010? I mean to have candidates run under the R or C label?

There is a ton of precedent to have liberal Democratics run as Republicans. We call these critters "RINOS."

I don't think it need be an organized PARTY plot/plan/stategy. All it takes is the dishonesty of a given liberal politician.

In Westchester County, jNY, ust north of NYC, the liberal Democrat County Executive somehow managed to secure the "Conservative" Party line. It led to a LOT of bad blood and a court fight which the Conservative Party is CHAPPED over. The incumbant liberal Democratic is offically ON the ballot as the Conservative Party candidate. Cheesey bullshit politics.

The Conservative Party chairman was SO pissed off, he actually sent out a mailing asking conservatives to vote for the REPUBLICAN rather than let the incumbant free-spending liberal Democratic to sully the true name of the Conservative Party.

There is an undercurrent in all of this. The liberal Democratics have had a measure of success in the last couple of elections. But the NY State Senate became a national laughingstock when the Democratics in the majority somehow managed to fuck it up and ended up in a stalemate for a few weeks earlier this year. I laughed out loud. I LOVE when my legislators can't do shit.

The CONSERVATIVE 3P candidate in NY's 23rd is now poised to take the House seat.

And it is taking a faux "independent" candidate in stinking New Jersey to give the liberal Democrat Governor (ex-Senator corzine) a shot at salvaging his gubenatorial seat.
Let me ask you this Liability. Do you think this is a strategy the DNC will do in 2010? I mean to have candidates run under the R or C label?

There is a ton of precedent to have liberal Democratics run as Republicans. We call these critters "RINOS."

I don't think it need be an organized PARTY plot/plan/stategy. All it takes is the dishonesty of a given liberal politician.
Well I for one wouldn't count it out after what they will see come Tuesday night.

RINOS? If this is what it takes to destroy the far reactionary wingnut right of the GOP, so be it.:lol:

The GOP needs to remake itself and get rid of the wingnuts.

RINOS? If this is what it takes to destroy the far reactionary wingnut right of the GOP, so be it.:lol:

The GOP needs to remake itself and get rid of the wingnuts.

Yeah. :cuckoo:

Likely the GOP needs to take advice from some liberoidal schmuck. Pass.

No thanks.

What the GOP actually needs, if it wishes to preserve itself as a political force and a Party worthy of the name, is to drop their pandering allegiance to the liberoidal wackadoos and the Democratics (which is pretty much redundant).

They need to reassert their traditional allegiance to the notions that made this country a wonder and a beacon for the world.

And THAT is not something to be found in the tired rhetoric and defeatism embraced by liberoidals.

Round one goes to the republican Conservative movement

Does this precede driving all moderates out of the republican party?

Stay tuned America, it should be interesting in 2010
I hope so, if they want me to continue on supporting them they fucking better get rid of the garbage!

As the republican tent gets Smaller.....and smaller

Just sayin'...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hja0XND8Ms]YouTube - Aaron Tippin - You've Got To Stand For Something[/ame]

Her dropping out is not sufficient reason to support the GOP. Newt should drown himself.
He is a disgrace.

Yep--Newt has egg all over his face. He really surprised me by thrashing Sarah Palin for supporting conservative Owens. What does he thiink--that the conservative base has changed their minds & are willing to back liberals--"regardless if they're democrat or republican." If the RNC doesn't give conservatives--conservative candidates--there will be a 3rd party in this country that will be conservative.

What in the heck did Newt think all these tea parties & town halls were about?--:cuckoo:

I have to agree with Newt on this one. The local party picked Scozzafava so that's who they wanted. All congressmen have to do the baseline drudgery, and as a point of fact, Scozzafava has been elected to public office, as a mayor and state assemblyperson. Hoffman has never been elected to anything, he lives outside the district and has even said he didn't familiarize himself with the local issues. Familiarizing yourself with the local issues should be a boilerplate requirement. When it gets right down to it, competency is an issue to be examined, despite the heated rhetoric from the teabaggers. A person should have to show they have a capability of doing the job, regardless of what views they possess. The "rogue" movement hasn't shown that they have the skills. They can whip up a good frenzy, but that's about it. This is what gives us the Michelle Bachmans and the Sarah Palins and the Joe Wilsons [although Joe Wilson hasn't any excuses, he's just an asshole], majorly incompetent boobs, flash in the pan rabble rousers with no real skills to do anything except incite controversy. At the end of the day, the heavy lifting needs to get done.

As to gridlock, that worked in the 18th century when we got around on horseback and had to wait for the stragglers to file in from the far reaches with news of their situations and their constituents' desires. We are no longer constrained by such things. Neither is the rest of the world, even Bin Laden had/has a satellite phone. Constitutional niceties aside, we need to get up to speed; we have the slowest running government on the planet. While it's the oldest government on the planet, that's no excuse. Nobody's going to wait for us.

The GOP's reactionary right wing is not mainstream.

The teabaggers are not mainstream.

Sarah and Michelle and Joe are not mainstream.

If the GOP tries to build on those types of individuals and special interest groups, it will be in the minority for a very long time to come.

"Those types" are the ones who may very well elect Hoffman - the majority of NY23.

America remains a right-of-center nation - and this fact will be on display next week and heading into the 2010 Election...

"Those types" are the ones who may very well elect Hoffman - the majority of NY23.

America remains a right-of-center nation - and this fact will be on display next week and heading into the 2010 Election...

Those types are not the voters in the 23rd. While seemingly a conservative district, it's not conservative when compared to the rest of the country. It's very artsy and working man and progressive all at the same time. It may be conservative opposed to LI, or Manhattan, but it isn't the place for rednecky views by a long shot.

If the GOP tries to build on those types of individuals and special interest groups, it will be in the minority for a very long time to come.
I have to agree with Newt on this one. The local party picked Scozzafava so that's who they wanted. All congressmen have to do the baseline drudgery, and as a point of fact, Scozzafava has been elected to public office, as a mayor and state assemblyperson. Hoffman has never been elected to anything, he lives outside the district and has even said he didn't familiarize himself with the local issues. Familiarizing yourself with the local issues should be a boilerplate requirement. When it gets right down to it, competency is an issue to be examined, despite the heated rhetoric from the teabaggers. A person should have to show they have a capability of doing the job, regardless of what views they possess. The "rogue" movement hasn't shown that they have the skills. They can whip up a good frenzy, but that's about it. This is what gives us the Michelle Bachmans and the Sarah Palins and the Joe Wilsons [although Joe Wilson hasn't any excuses, he's just an asshole], majorly incompetent boobs, flash in the pan rabble rousers with no real skills to do anything except incite controversy. At the end of the day, the heavy lifting needs to get done.

As to gridlock, that worked in the 18th century when we got around on horseback and had to wait for the stragglers to file in from the far reaches with news of their situations and their constituents' desires. We are no longer constrained by such things. Neither is the rest of the world, even Bin Laden had/has a satellite phone. Constitutional niceties aside, we need to get up to speed; we have the slowest running government on the planet. While it's the oldest government on the planet, that's no excuse. Nobody's going to wait for us.

Why would any serious republican take the opinion of barking moonbat leftist doofuses, as to what it would take to rebuild their joke of a party?

There is nothing special interest about being fiscal conservatives, 40% of Americans state they are conservatives, while 20% state they are liberals. Obviously you too are a little out of touch with mainstream Americans or you would know this. Tea parties are groups of fiscal conservatives that come from democrats, republicans and independents parties, they represent a great majority in this country. Sarah, Michelle represent those people along with Huckabee, Dick Army, Fred Thompson, Governor Palente, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich( who just blew the call on this election). People who call themselves moderates are also fiscal conservatives, we want a smaller responsible government who does not run up debt into the many trillions of dollars and is not constantly increasing our taxes and eroding away at the freedoms that this country has had which is evidenced by the constitution of the United States and it's founders.

You will see this not only in these 3 elections, but 2010 is going to be like a cold bucket of ice water into the faces of mod-liberal Republicans and of course the liberal democratic party.

In a way, we needed to have a liberal congress, senate and Presidency, so this country could see just how terrible things can get when liberals are in power. I remember Jimmy Carter and after his 1 term as President, this country took a hard right turn and Reagan beat Jimmy so bad that the election was called before California had a chance to vote. You are guaranteed to see that again and very soon.

" People who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Many of you are too young to remember the Carter years, but you are getting a very good dose of what that was like with this Presidency.,Remember the next time you feel the need to elect a far left liberal to anything and you probably won't do it again. Pay attention to that person's voting record not what they say in speeches." The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." If they have been a high tax and spend liberal, they are a high tax and spend liberal. No matter how hard they try to convince you otherwise.:eusa_angel:

Yeah, a liberal sneaked in. She is gone now. No more McSlobb types for pres. Welcome to the new and improved conservative RNC....

Yeah, a right of center nation that oddly has a liberal Democrat for president, a Democratic majority in the House, a Democratic majority in the Senate, a majority of Democratic governors, and a majority of Democratic state legislatures.

An odd configuration for an allegedly right of center nation. Perhaps not odd to the delusional...

I love Newt, but he was dead wrong on this call and he probably knows it now. The GOP had better get their stuff together and hold true to the fiscal conservatism priority or else be a party no more. They know it now and cut the legs out from under Deidre.

What works in a 150 year old Republican district against a Democratic unknown is not going to work out in the toss-up, centrist districts that the Republicans need to win, or win back.

Please tell--which districts are centrist today? I have never seen Americans so ticked off. They're mad as hell over all these government bail-outs & massive government spending bills.

What may have been centrist in 2007--I kind of doubt is today.

You want me list every district that does not have a consistent pattern of usually going to one party or another?

Forum List

Back