This judge should be fired or impeached...

No actual evidence without a blood test or breathalyzer, dismissed. And hell yeah they're protecting their own, it's done all the time, especially in law and order Texas.
Well except for the pesky fact that in MOST states if you refuse that is automatic guilt.
That's referred to as "implied consent"......In most states, refusal of the administering of a alcohol detection device is grounds only for suspension up to revocation of driving privileges.
Now, in many states where low conviction rates have been a irritant to law enforcement, the judiciary and/or the public,. laws have been changed so that convictions are more frequent.
In NC for example, the street breathylizer readout is now enough evidence. In other states, police video of the Field sobriety test is grounds for at least a fine and license suspension.
This is a slippery slope though as some people could not pass a field sobriety test even if cold stone sober.
I know I can't. There is one test where the suspect is asked to stand with their feet together, arms extended to the side and tilt head back for 30 seconds. I can't do it.
I get dizzy. Of course I cannot ride a merry go round without becoming dizzy.
I actually had my of friends on our town police force do some FST's to me and a couple friends to settle a bet. They claimed if they were sober they could pass. None of them could.
The cop was not surprised. He told us the tests are set up to make even a sober person fail.

No actual evidence without a blood test or breathalyzer, dismissed. And hell yeah they're protecting their own, it's done all the time, especially in law and order Texas.
Well except for the pesky fact that in MOST states if you refuse that is automatic guilt.

No it's not.
Facts are not your friend, refusal to take the test results in an automatic 180 day suspense of license in Texas.

Texas DWI Refusal to Take a Blood or Breath Test DrivingLaws.org
i think the OP believes you meant guilty of DWI.....

No it's not.
Facts are not your friend, refusal to take the test results in an automatic 180 day suspense of license in Texas.

losing ones driving privileges is not the same as being convicted of a crime

Then the appropriate path would be censure on up to impeachment.

Just to replace them with another equally corrupt jerk? Texas is hopelessly corrupt. The people are the only ones who can change anything here.
If you have evidence that Texas is any more corrupt than say New Jersey or Rhode Island or New York, by all means have at it.
By the way......I admire your uncanny ability to miss the point of the thread.
Just fuckin brilliant

NO it does not I linked TWICE to the appropriate law. Read the links you moron.

Getting your driving privileges suspended for refusing a breath test is an administrative penalty. Driving is a privilege, and it can be suspended when you fail to comply with the agreement to take a breath test when asked to do so. But refusing a breath test does NOT result in an automatic conviction for a DUI/DWI. That you can't understand the difference here shows that you're a fucking idiot, and that you don't have the first clue about your own constitutionally protected rights.

No it's not.

Never said it was, I said that in most States I am aware of refusal is an admission of guilt. In Texas it is not but it results in a 180 day suspension that is ADMINISTRATIVE. And not discretionary.

Getting your driving privileges suspended for refusing a breath test is an administrative penalty. Driving is a privilege, and it can be suspended when you fail to comply with the agreement to take a breath test when asked to do so. But refusing a breath test does NOT result in an automatic conviction for a DUI/DWI. That you can't understand the difference here shows that you're a fucking idiot, and that you don't have the first clue about your own constitutionally protected rights.
The dumb ass is you trying to deflect from the fact this Judge did not receive the 180 day suspension.

No it's not.

I must add thanks to you for being one of the very few who spells "losing" properly.

If you have evidence that Texas is any more corrupt than say New Jersey or Rhode Island or New York, by all means have at it.

I have evidence for myself, though not much I can offer you from behind a computer screen. It's best to see it in action. But if you think about it for a moment, I'm sure you'll realize how much sense it makes that Texas would be the most corrupt state in the country. Texas culture has an immense influence from Mexico, and the corruption of Mexican government is known all too well.

Just fuckin brilliant

I'm not missing the point, but apparently you're missing mine. Removing this judge from office is like putting Orajel on an abscessed tooth. It might make you feel better for a brief moment, but the core problem remains.

The dumb ass is you trying to deflect from the fact this Judge did not receive the 180 day suspension.

Me pointing out that you make a factually incorrect statement makes me a dumb ass for "deflecting" from something that was not contained in your statement in the first place?

:lmao:

That's a really neat trick you did there. What should we call this? The retroactive strawman? The preemptive strawman? Maybe we should call it the red-straw-herring.

Last edited:
Have you ever lived there for any length of time and if so, mind saying where?

I have evidence for myself, though not much I can offer you from behind a computer screen. It's best to see it in action. But if you think about it for a moment, I'm sure you'll realize how much sense it makes that Texas would be the most corrupt state in the country. Texas culture has an immense influence from Mexico, and the corruption of Mexican government is known all too well.

Just fuckin brilliant

I'm not missing the point, but apparently you're missing mine. Removing this judge from office is like putting Orajel on an abscessed tooth. It might make you feel better for a brief moment, but the core problem remains.

That's referred to as "implied consent"......In most states, refusal of the administering of a alcohol detection device is grounds only for suspension up to revocation of driving privileges.
Now, in many states where low conviction rates have been a irritant to law enforcement, the judiciary and/or the public,. laws have been changed so that convictions are more frequent.
In NC for example, the street breathylizer readout is now enough evidence. In other states, police video of the Field sobriety test is grounds for at least a fine and license suspension.
This is a slippery slope though as some people could not pass a field sobriety test even if cold stone sober.
I know I can't. There is one test where the suspect is asked to stand with their feet together, arms extended to the side and tilt head back for 30 seconds. I can't do it.
I get dizzy. Of course I cannot ride a merry go round without becoming dizzy.
I actually had my of friends on our town police force do some FST's to me and a couple friends to settle a bet. They claimed if they were sober they could pass. None of them could.
The cop was not surprised. He told us the tests are set up to make even a sober person fail.

My wife once convinced a cop she was sober by holding a handstand with her eyes closed for 2 minutes. She couldn't do most of the standard tests because she was on crutches (knee surgery)...but that convinced him. Honestly...I am hard-pressed to think of any FST she couldn't pass. I might have a problem...mostly, I have a bad back and 2 bad knees. Offhand, I simply CAN'T walk a line...my knees won't let me.

Seems someone had called 911 for a "tan Jeep" driving erratically...she was driving a tan Cherokee. Probably not coincidentally, a tan GRAND Cherokee had gone whizzing past her at 90+MPH (she was running ~70) a few minutes earlier.

Forum List

Back