This isn't the 50's. Blacks won't back down from the GOP's new race war.

Seriously? That's a load of crap, JQ! Hillary didn't lose because of anything the GOP did to voters...she lost because things she did to Bernie Sanders turned off the Millennial voters and because blue collar voters in the Rust Belt voted for Trump because they didn't see her as someone fighting for them. All this other nonsense is nothing more than an attempt to pin the blame on someone else other than Hillary and her campaign.
Oldstyle, I respectfully disagree. When the GOP managed to purge over 57 million likely Democrat voters from the rolls in key states, that
made a huge difference in the election's outcome. They knew they couldn't win a popular vote so the GOP strategists took the low road and manipulated the rolls in battle ground states. It worked.
And of course they are going to blame their "success" on something else.

It's pathetic that you really seem to believe that, JQ! Look the Sanders vote didn't turn out for Hillary because they knew she screwed Bernie over. The blue collar union vote in the Rust Belt wasn't there for Hillary because they didn't think she gave a damn about them. The black vote didn't turn out for her because she's not Barry. That's why Hillary lost. It had nothing to do with some mythical "purge" that people running the Clinton campaign are using as an excuse!

Unlike you , I don't put too much faith or credence in the veracity of leaked e-mails.. There is strong evidence that the language in some of those e-mails was tampered with or embellished. I thought you knew better than to accept 2nd hand info so blindly!

I'm curious...show me some examples of emails that were tampered with or embellished. I don't recall seeing anything about that and god knows if it had happened then the Clinton campaign would have been jumping all over it.

Politico Ran Bogus Leak in Front-Page Story
WASHINGTON— Today, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, Ranking Member of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, sent a letter to Chairman Trey Gowdy warning that
“it now appears that someone who was given access to the Select Committee’s documents leaked doctored information to the press in order to make unsubstantiated allegations against Secretary Clinton. “

Read the letter here and below:

Release of Clinton Emails Shows “Doctored” Information Leaked to Press

We were discussing the hacked emails from Wikileaks about what the DNC had done to Bernie Sanders...emails that resulted in the ousting of Debbie Wasserman Schultz and two other high level DNC members...not email information coming out of the Benghazi Select Committee that was taken out of context. Once again do you have any examples of those that were tampered with or embellished?

Oldstyle, I respectfully disagree. When the GOP managed to purge over 57 million likely Democrat voters from the rolls in key states, that
made a huge difference in the election's outcome. They knew they couldn't win a popular vote so the GOP strategists took the low road and manipulated the rolls in battle ground states. It worked.
And of course they are going to blame their "success" on something else.

It's pathetic that you really seem to believe that, JQ! Look the Sanders vote didn't turn out for Hillary because they knew she screwed Bernie over. The blue collar union vote in the Rust Belt wasn't there for Hillary because they didn't think she gave a damn about them. The black vote didn't turn out for her because she's not Barry. That's why Hillary lost. It had nothing to do with some mythical "purge" that people running the Clinton campaign are using as an excuse!

Unlike you , I don't put too much faith or credence in the veracity of leaked e-mails.. There is strong evidence that the language in some of those e-mails was tampered with or embellished. I thought you knew better than to accept 2nd hand info so blindly!

I'm curious...show me some examples of emails that were tampered with or embellished. I don't recall seeing anything about that and god knows if it had happened then the Clinton campaign would have been jumping all over it.

WASHINGTON— Today, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, Ranking Member of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, sent a letter to Chairman Trey Gowdy warning that
“it now appears that someone who was given access to the Select Committee’s documents leaked doctored information to the press in order to make unsubstantiated allegations against Secretary Clinton. “

We were discussing the hacked emails from Wikileaks about what the DNC had done to Bernie Sanders...emails that resulted in the ousting of Debbie Wasserman Schultz and two other high level DNC members...not email information coming out of the Benghazi Select Committee that was taken out of context. Once again do you have any examples of those that were tampered with or embellished?
Well, no, I gave you that for which you asked.

YOU said:

I gave you evidence that leaked e-mails from the source leaking them engaged in tampering.. That people resigned in the wake of those e-mails being released is problematic but also could have been a knee jerk reaction . After all, who can remember the accuracy of what was said in thousands of e-mails. Damage control was necessary whether tampering took place or not.

and yet he won more of the black vote.....ooooops
6% of blacks didn't vote for Obama four years ago.

8% of blacks didn't vote for Trump. But Trump is a reality TV star. You would think he might have done even better with the press following his every move, listening to his every word.

Trump has gotten nearly $3 billion in ‘free’ advertising

With three billion in free air time, I would think it's almost impossible to lose.

But this is about the racist right wing. Favorites of the KKK and the Alt Right. Now running the country. With a thinly disguised agenda.
Only race war brewing is of lib concoction.........maybe ya should tend to that eh
Attacks on minorities way up. That's from your kind.
that's a good point

bs

we need 2 step up our game and retaliate

YOU said:

I gave you evidence that leaked e-mails from the source leaking them engaged in tampering.. That people resigned in the wake of those e-mails being released is problematic but also could have been a knee jerk reaction . After all, who can remember the accuracy of what was said in thousands of e-mails. Damage control was necessary whether tampering took place or not.

We were discussing emails leaked by WikiLeaks not emails that were leaked from the Benghazi Committee, JQ...nice attempt at dodging my question! (Not really...it was actually a rather weak attempt!) So did you want to show me the emails from WikiLeaks regarding what the Clinton Camp did to Bernie Sanders that were tampered with or embellished?

It's obvious that they were genuine because if they weren't then Debbie Wasserman Schultz would have kept her job as the DNC Head! Or are you so gullible that you think a political animal like her resigned for no reason at all? (eye roll)

YOU said:

We were discussing emails leaked by WikiLeaks not emails that were leaked from the Benghazi Committee, JQ...nice attempt at dodging my question! (Not really...it was actually a rather weak attempt!) So did you want to show me the emails from WikiLeaks regarding what the Clinton Camp did to Bernie Sanders that were tampered with or embellished?

It's obvious that they were genuine because if they weren't then Debbie Wasserman Schultz would have kept her job as the DNC Head! Or are you so gullible that you think a political animal like her resigned for no reason at all? (eye roll)
Are the Clinton WikiLeaks emails doctored?

Kaine later added: "The one (email) that has referred to me was flat-out completely incorrect. So I don’t know whether it was doctored or whether the person sending it didn’t know what they were talking about. Clearly, I think there’s a capacity for much of the information in them to be wrong."

It’s possible to verify the legitimacy of some, but not all, of the emails, cybersecurity experts said. So we can’t definitively say none of the thousands of leaked emails, which came from campaign chair John Podesta's account, have been doctored.

Experts told PolitiFact that there is precedent to support Kaine’s claim. While most of the emails are probably unaltered, they said there is a chance that at least a few have been tampered with in some way.

------------------------------

The Really sad part here isn't the Clinton emails. It's the fact Republican Donald Trump invited the Russians to interfere with the United States electoral process and they did. Add in GOP voter suppression and the help from the FBI and it puts our democracy at risk. Now were are controlled by blatant racists who support one of the worst dictators in the world.

The single best thing to come out of Republicans electing Donald Trump

YOU said:

Kaine later added: "The one (email) that has referred to me was flat-out completely incorrect. So I don’t know whether it was doctored or whether the person sending it didn’t know what they were talking about. Clearly, I think there’s a capacity for much of the information in them to be wrong."

It’s possible to verify the legitimacy of some, but not all, of the emails, cybersecurity experts said. So we can’t definitively say none of the thousands of leaked emails, which came from campaign chair John Podesta's account, have been doctored.

Experts told PolitiFact that there is precedent to support Kaine’s claim. While most of the emails are probably unaltered, they said there is a chance that at least a few have been tampered with in some way.

The Really sad part here isn't the Clinton emails. It's the fact Republican Donald Trump invited the Russians to interfere with the United States electoral process and they did. Add in GOP voter suppression and the help from the FBI and it puts our democracy at risk. Now were are controlled by blatant racists who support one of the worst dictators in the world.

So Tim Kaine is claiming that one email referring to HIM was incorrect...and in your mind that means that all of the emails referring to Clinton and what her helpers at the DNC did to Bernie Sanders were altered? Nice try, R-Derp! The really sad part isn't that Donald Trump welcomed WikiLeaks exposing Clinton and her people for what they really are...but that you don't! Clinton's camp didn't dispute what was in the emails...only where they came from. To be blunt...every American should have welcomed what WikiLeaks did because it was the only news source giving us the truth!

YOU said:

So Tim Kaine is claiming that one email referring to HIM was incorrect...and in your mind that means that all of the emails referring to Clinton and what her helpers at the DNC did to Bernie Sanders were altered? Nice try, R-Derp! The really sad part isn't that Donald Trump welcomed WikiLeaks exposing Clinton and her people for what they really are...but that you don't! Clinton's camp didn't dispute what was in the emails...only where they came from. To be blunt...every American should have welcomed what WikiLeaks did because it was the only news source giving us the truth!
Hacking one party's e-mail and not the other's smacks of skulduggery.

Possibly.

OTOH:
1) when one side exclusively uses an unsecure private server, it opens them to hacking.
2) there is no evidence the Republicans were not hacked. For all we know, the hackers are simply waiting for an opportune time to reveal the information they've hacked.
3) What is the purpose of hacking political figures? It depends on the hackers, but I suspect the main reason isn't to simply take down one individual, but to undermine confidence in the entire system. If true, then the items listed in #2 above will be revealed when it best benefits the hackers.

Trump saying he made the first black president PROVE he was born here. How disrespectful.

Trump putting together the most racist administration in decades.

Trump's own racist history.

The GOP actively promoting voter suppression.

Republicans saying that the young black men shot by police were thugs who deserved to die.

Wanting to restart such racist policies as "stop and frisk".

When Pence signed that bill allowing companies to reject gay customers, it was also aimed right at blacks and other minorities.

Pence signs bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNNPolitics.com

Republicans over turning the Voting Right's Act.

This isn't 1952. Republicans can't stomp all over minorities without paying a huge cost. After what Republicans are doing, our allies won't see this country as a beacon of democracy but a country of oppression. Building walls. A religious test. Ignoring the constitution.

Isis uses Trump to recruit.

Terror recruitment video has Trump excerpt - CNN.com

Republicans may be trying to turn this country into the old South Africa, but minorities won't go down without fighting. Believe it. The GOP might want to rethink it's policies.

Fools PLEASE go ahead and start a Race War so that we Whites can finish you.

No, what this is "about" is you not wanting to admit that progressives like Obama and Clinton screwed over the Middle Class so badly that Democrats have lost the blue collar Rust Belt vote that they have OWNED for the past forty years so you invent a GOP race war to justify what happened! Trump didn't win because he got free air time. He won because a whole lot of Americans didn't believe that Hillary Clinton was going to help them. That wasn't a make believe racial thing...it was everyday people reacting to what the Democratic Party has done to them over the last forty years.

I'll have to disagree with you on the basis that the majority of Americans voted for Hillary! That makes your entire paragraph specious BS.

If the majority had voted for her she would have won and would have won the E.C.
See how this works is you need to win most of the counties, not just large cities.
She lost misserably, a little over a 100 counties.
Trump over 3,000 counties.
She got her butt kicked badly.
The majority of voters period is a majority of people who wanted Hillary to be president. That didn't happen because Republicans purged rolls of valid voters who they deemed might vote for Hillary, closed the doors of polling stations while people were still in line to vote, and implemented bizarre voter ID barriers. Hillary didn't lose..she was robbed!

You just keep on beliving that if ya want. :biggrin:
You win by how many counties you get.
WE DONT HAVE THE POPULAR VOTE!
We are Constitutional Republic which gives us the right to overthrow an oppressive. ideology of government that went to far to the left and stopped representing cons and moderates over a fourty year period.
The people have elected a new one by over 3,000 counties.
Hillary wasnt as smart Trump nor was his competors.
Trump said if it was by popular vote he would have campaigned and focusedin different States.
We do have a popular vote as well as the votes cast by the Electoral college. The popular votes serves as a guide in deciding how the electoral votes in each respective state will be cast. It is as simple as that; so, you need not complicate the narrative with talk of counties and such. However, the Electors in many states are not committed to honor the results of their state's popular vote. We can only hope that about 40 of them rebel and rise to the occasion of dethroning king Donald before he destroys this country or…"shudder" the entire world!

STILL getting paid to troll DNC talking points aren'tcha.

YOU said:

Either that or the Republican National Committee was playing it straight, JQ! Imagine that...the GOP let the voters pick their candidate from a field of 16. They didn't "fix" things from the beginning so that only one candidate could win like the Democrats quite obviously did. If Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile had done that instead of fixing things for Hillary...THERE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THOSE REVEALING EMAILS THAT ENRAGED THE SANDERS SUPPORTERS...AND HILLARY CLINTON WOULD MOST LIKELY BE THE PRESIDENT ELECT!

Instead of blaming someone else for Clinton's loss...put the blame where it belongs...on a sleazy political machine that got exposed.

Possibly.

OTOH:
1) when one side exclusively uses an unsecure private server, it opens them to hacking.
2) there is no evidence the Republicans were not hacked. For all we know, the hackers are simply waiting for an opportune time to reveal the information they've hacked.
3) What is the purpose of hacking political figures? It depends on the hackers, but I suspect the main reason isn't to simply take down one individual, but to undermine confidence in the entire system. If true, then the items listed in #2 above will be revealed when it best benefits the hackers.
Good reasoning; and, your points are just as viable as any. I am amazed how easy it was for the hackers to associate an e-mai address with Hilary and then penetrate the SSL security protocol…if she had one. I don't know if she did or not, but ,I would think anyone using their private e-mail server to send and receive even the lowest classification of sensitive data would at least be savvy enough to have the most stringent encryption safeguards in place.

Still,the timeliness of the scandal served to help derail Hilary's campaign and bolster Trump's chances. I find that timing to be very peculiar and highly suspect.

There is no evidence the Republicans were hacked; but, if they were, now that the election is over, it really doesn't matter. The prize of the presidency has been virtually handed to them by this hacking scandal and massive voter suppression antics in key states.

I'll have to disagree with you on the basis that the majority of Americans voted for Hillary! That makes your entire paragraph specious BS.

If the majority had voted for her she would have won and would have won the E.C.
See how this works is you need to win most of the counties, not just large cities.
She lost misserably, a little over a 100 counties.
Trump over 3,000 counties.
She got her butt kicked badly.
The majority of voters period is a majority of people who wanted Hillary to be president. That didn't happen because Republicans purged rolls of valid voters who they deemed might vote for Hillary, closed the doors of polling stations while people were still in line to vote, and implemented bizarre voter ID barriers. Hillary didn't lose..she was robbed!

You just keep on beliving that if ya want. :biggrin:
You win by how many counties you get.
WE DONT HAVE THE POPULAR VOTE!
We are Constitutional Republic which gives us the right to overthrow an oppressive. ideology of government that went to far to the left and stopped representing cons and moderates over a fourty year period.
The people have elected a new one by over 3,000 counties.
Hillary wasnt as smart Trump nor was his competors.
Trump said if it was by popular vote he would have campaigned and focusedin different States.
We do have a popular vote as well as the votes cast by the Electoral college. The popular votes serves as a guide in deciding how the electoral votes in each respective state will be cast. It is as simple as that; so, you need not complicate the narrative with talk of counties and such. However, the Electors in many states are not committed to honor the results of their state's popular vote. We can only hope that about 40 of them rebel and rise to the occasion of dethroning king Donald before he destroys this country or…"shudder" the entire world!

STILL getting paid to troll DNC talking points aren'tcha.
Lord NO!!! Posting on USMB is actually costing me money. Electricity, data fees, and time are among the expenses I extract from my household just to participate here…. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it!

Either that or the Republican National Committee was playing it straight, JQ! Imagine that...the GOP let the voters pick their candidate from a field of 16. They didn't "fix" things from the beginning so that only one candidate could win like the Democrats quite obviously did. If Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile had done that instead of fixing things for Hillary...THERE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THOSE REVEALING EMAILS THAT ENRAGED THE SANDERS SUPPORTERS...AND HILLARY CLINTON WOULD MOST LIKELY BE THE PRESIDENT ELECT!

Instead of blaming someone else for Clinton's loss...put the blame where it belongs...on a sleazy political machine that got exposed.
I doubt if the Republican National Committee was playing anything straight.They are no better than the Democrats and notably worse on social matters. The real blame still rests with the hackers and the subsequent leaks. A serious crime was committed and no one seems to be interested in investigating it. I suspect a thorough investigation would uncover strange bedfellows committed to undermining Hilary in favor of Trump. Should that ever occur, the importance attached to the content of Hillary's e-mails would be overshadowed by arrests and demands for impeachment of those associated with the hacking.

.....Still,the timeliness of the scandal served to help derail Hilary's campaign and bolster Trump's chances. I find that timing to be very peculiar and highly suspect.

There is no evidence the Republicans were hacked; but, if they were, now that the election is over, it really doesn't matter. The prize of the presidency has been virtually handed to them by this hacking scandal and massive voter suppression antics in key states.
Of course it is suspect. Again, I don't believe we've heard the last of this. If the Russians, Chinese and other hostile nations are behind such hacking, we'll see even more. The Cyberwar has been heating up for awhile. Eventually it will boil over.

I doubt if the Republican National Committee was playing anything straight.They are no better than the Democrats and notably worse on social matters. The real blame still rests with the hackers and the subsequent leaks. A serious crime was committed and no one seems to be interested in investigating it. I suspect a thorough investigation would uncover strange bedfellows committed to undermining Hilary in favor of Trump. Should that ever occur, the importance attached to the content of Hillary's e-mails would be overshadowed by arrests and demands for impeachment of those associated with the hacking.
You're going to "impeach" Julian Assange? LOL Good luck with that...

Yet nobody has uncovered any GOP emails that even remotely approach the level of corruption that was seen with the Clinton emails? Gee, wonder why that is? Like the Clinton camp didn't desperately TRY to come up with some?

Yet nobody has uncovered any GOP emails that even remotely approach the level of corruption that was seen with the Clinton emails? Gee, wonder why that is? Like the Clinton camp didn't desperately TRY to come up with some?
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

This ain't over yet.

YOU said:

I would say it smacks of ineptitude on the part of one party .... but then, Dems keep classified info on the computer in their bathroom, right?

Forum List

Back