This isn't the 50's. Blacks won't back down from the GOP's new race war.

Well, no, I gave you that for which you asked.

I gave you evidence that leaked e-mails from the source leaking them engaged in tampering.. That people resigned in the wake of those e-mails being released is problematic but also could have been a knee jerk reaction . After all, who can remember the accuracy of what was said in thousands of e-mails. Damage control was necessary whether tampering took place or not.

We were discussing emails leaked by WikiLeaks not emails that were leaked from the Benghazi Committee, JQ...nice attempt at dodging my question! (Not really...it was actually a rather weak attempt!) So did you want to show me the emails from WikiLeaks regarding what the Clinton Camp did to Bernie Sanders that were tampered with or embellished?

It's obvious that they were genuine because if they weren't then Debbie Wasserman Schultz would have kept her job as the DNC Head! Or are you so gullible that you think a political animal like her resigned for no reason at all? (eye roll)
Are the Clinton WikiLeaks emails doctored?

Kaine later added: "The one (email) that has referred to me was flat-out completely incorrect. So I don’t know whether it was doctored or whether the person sending it didn’t know what they were talking about. Clearly, I think there’s a capacity for much of the information in them to be wrong."

It’s possible to verify the legitimacy of some, but not all, of the emails, cybersecurity experts said. So we can’t definitively say none of the thousands of leaked emails, which came from campaign chair John Podesta's account, have been doctored.

Experts told PolitiFact that there is precedent to support Kaine’s claim. While most of the emails are probably unaltered, they said there is a chance that at least a few have been tampered with in some way.

------------------------------

The Really sad part here isn't the Clinton emails. It's the fact Republican Donald Trump invited the Russians to interfere with the United States electoral process and they did. Add in GOP voter suppression and the help from the FBI and it puts our democracy at risk. Now were are controlled by blatant racists who support one of the worst dictators in the world.

The single best thing to come out of Republicans electing Donald Trump

So Tim Kaine is claiming that one email referring to HIM was incorrect...and in your mind that means that all of the emails referring to Clinton and what her helpers at the DNC did to Bernie Sanders were altered? Nice try, R-Derp! The really sad part isn't that Donald Trump welcomed WikiLeaks exposing Clinton and her people for what they really are...but that you don't! Clinton's camp didn't dispute what was in the emails...only where they came from. To be blunt...every American should have welcomed what WikiLeaks did because it was the only news source giving us the truth!
Hacking one party's e-mail and not the other's smacks of skulduggery.

I would say it smacks of ineptitude on the part of one party .... but then, Dems keep classified info on the computer in their bathroom, right?

People in the Mafia are smart enough not to talk on the phone or email each other when they're doing things they shouldn't be doing but people in the Democratic Party didn't seem to grasp that concept. Who's THAT stupid?

People in the Mafia are smart enough not to talk on the phone or email each other when they're doing things they shouldn't be doing but people in the Democratic Party didn't seem to grasp that concept. Who's THAT stupid?
Could be stupid, but most probably just pure, unmitigated hubris.

Translation: They're so fucking arrogant, they don't believe they'll be caught because they think they know better than anyone else.

.....Still,the timeliness of the scandal served to help derail Hilary's campaign and bolster Trump's chances. I find that timing to be very peculiar and highly suspect.

There is no evidence the Republicans were hacked; but, if they were, now that the election is over, it really doesn't matter. The prize of the presidency has been virtually handed to them by this hacking scandal and massive voter suppression antics in key states.
Of course it is suspect. Again, I don't believe we've heard the last of this. If the Russians, Chinese and other hostile nations are behind such hacking, we'll see even more. The Cyberwar has been heating up for awhile. Eventually it will boil over.
High ranking Republicans have private e-mail servers just as Hillary did. The language and narrative of their private emails are probably just as scandalous as you think Hilary's were. Surely Trump's name has been dragged through the mud in private Republican e-mails considering all the dirt and shit he has flung at a long list of political opponents during his campaign. Some one was more interested in sabotaging Hillary than in sabotaging Trump or the GOP's top dogs.

The key word is private e-mail servers used by government officials.
All of them have 'em so your premonition that the hacking scandal is not over has some merit!

Possibly.

OTOH:
1) when one side exclusively uses an unsecure private server, it opens them to hacking.
2) there is no evidence the Republicans were not hacked. For all we know, the hackers are simply waiting for an opportune time to reveal the information they've hacked.
3) What is the purpose of hacking political figures? It depends on the hackers, but I suspect the main reason isn't to simply take down one individual, but to undermine confidence in the entire system. If true, then the items listed in #2 above will be revealed when it best benefits the hackers.
Exclusively uses an unsecure private server?

You have proof of that?

Kaine later added: "The one (email) that has referred to me was flat-out completely incorrect. So I don’t know whether it was doctored or whether the person sending it didn’t know what they were talking about. Clearly, I think there’s a capacity for much of the information in them to be wrong."

It’s possible to verify the legitimacy of some, but not all, of the emails, cybersecurity experts said. So we can’t definitively say none of the thousands of leaked emails, which came from campaign chair John Podesta's account, have been doctored.

Experts told PolitiFact that there is precedent to support Kaine’s claim. While most of the emails are probably unaltered, they said there is a chance that at least a few have been tampered with in some way.

The Really sad part here isn't the Clinton emails. It's the fact Republican Donald Trump invited the Russians to interfere with the United States electoral process and they did. Add in GOP voter suppression and the help from the FBI and it puts our democracy at risk. Now were are controlled by blatant racists who support one of the worst dictators in the world.

So Tim Kaine is claiming that one email referring to HIM was incorrect...and in your mind that means that all of the emails referring to Clinton and what her helpers at the DNC did to Bernie Sanders were altered? Nice try, R-Derp! The really sad part isn't that Donald Trump welcomed WikiLeaks exposing Clinton and her people for what they really are...but that you don't! Clinton's camp didn't dispute what was in the emails...only where they came from. To be blunt...every American should have welcomed what WikiLeaks did because it was the only news source giving us the truth!

Either that or the Republican National Committee was playing it straight, JQ! Imagine that...the GOP let the voters pick their candidate from a field of 16. They didn't "fix" things from the beginning so that only one candidate could win like the Democrats quite obviously did. If Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile had done that instead of fixing things for Hillary...THERE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THOSE REVEALING EMAILS THAT ENRAGED THE SANDERS SUPPORTERS...AND HILLARY CLINTON WOULD MOST LIKELY BE THE PRESIDENT ELECT!

Instead of blaming someone else for Clinton's loss...put the blame where it belongs...on a sleazy political machine that got exposed.
I doubt if the Republican National Committee was playing anything straight.They are no better than the Democrats and notably worse on social matters. The real blame still rests with the hackers and the subsequent leaks. A serious crime was committed and no one seems to be interested in investigating it. I suspect a thorough investigation would uncover strange bedfellows committed to undermining Hilary in favor of Trump. Should that ever occur, the importance attached to the content of Hillary's e-mails would be overshadowed by arrests and demands for impeachment of those associated with the hacking.
You're going to "impeach" Julian Assange? LOL Good luck with that...
Don't be silly. If Trump is involved he would be impeached. Any other Americans involved would be arrested or charged in absentia after fleeing the country.

Either that or the Republican National Committee was playing it straight, JQ! Imagine that...the GOP let the voters pick their candidate from a field of 16. They didn't "fix" things from the beginning so that only one candidate could win like the Democrats quite obviously did. If Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile had done that instead of fixing things for Hillary...THERE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THOSE REVEALING EMAILS THAT ENRAGED THE SANDERS SUPPORTERS...AND HILLARY CLINTON WOULD MOST LIKELY BE THE PRESIDENT ELECT!

Instead of blaming someone else for Clinton's loss...put the blame where it belongs...on a sleazy political machine that got exposed.
I doubt if the Republican National Committee was playing anything straight.They are no better than the Democrats and notably worse on social matters. The real blame still rests with the hackers and the subsequent leaks. A serious crime was committed and no one seems to be interested in investigating it. I suspect a thorough investigation would uncover strange bedfellows committed to undermining Hilary in favor of Trump. Should that ever occur, the importance attached to the content of Hillary's e-mails would be overshadowed by arrests and demands for impeachment of those associated with the hacking.
Don't be silly. If Trump is involved he would be impeached. Any other Americans involved would be arrested or charged in absentia after fleeing the country.

The only way that Trump is "involved" is that Assange revealing the inner workings of the Clinton machine helped his bid for President! If you think Trump is behind the hacking you're delusional.

.....Still,the timeliness of the scandal served to help derail Hilary's campaign and bolster Trump's chances. I find that timing to be very peculiar and highly suspect.

There is no evidence the Republicans were hacked; but, if they were, now that the election is over, it really doesn't matter. The prize of the presidency has been virtually handed to them by this hacking scandal and massive voter suppression antics in key states.
Of course it is suspect. Again, I don't believe we've heard the last of this. If the Russians, Chinese and other hostile nations are behind such hacking, we'll see even more. The Cyberwar has been heating up for awhile. Eventually it will boil over.
High ranking Republicans have private e-mail servers just as Hillary did. The language and narrative of their private emails are probably just as scandalous as you think Hilary's were. Surely Trump's name has been dragged through the mud in private Republican e-mails considering all the dirt and shit he has flung at a long list of political opponents during his campaign. Some one was more interested in sabotaging Hillary than in sabotaging Trump or the GOP's top dogs.

All of them have 'em so your premonition that the hacking scandal is not over has some merit!

Do you still not grasp the fact that government officials DON'T have private email systems set up in their homes costing huge amounts of money that they paid for out of pocket? I'm sorry but the liberal talking point that it's no big deal because everyone does it...is laughable! They are required by law to conduct official business through official channels so that Congress can perform it's watchdog function. One of the most disturbing things about the Obama Administration is the number of government officials that were conducting official business through private email accounts under aliases to hide what they were doing. The Freedom of Information statutes were put in place to limit corruption in our government by making it harder for government officials to work "behind the scenes".

Well, no, I gave you that for which you asked.

I gave you evidence that leaked e-mails from the source leaking them engaged in tampering.. That people resigned in the wake of those e-mails being released is problematic but also could have been a knee jerk reaction . After all, who can remember the accuracy of what was said in thousands of e-mails. Damage control was necessary whether tampering took place or not.

We were discussing emails leaked by WikiLeaks not emails that were leaked from the Benghazi Committee, JQ...nice attempt at dodging my question! (Not really...it was actually a rather weak attempt!) So did you want to show me the emails from WikiLeaks regarding what the Clinton Camp did to Bernie Sanders that were tampered with or embellished?

It's obvious that they were genuine because if they weren't then Debbie Wasserman Schultz would have kept her job as the DNC Head! Or are you so gullible that you think a political animal like her resigned for no reason at all? (eye roll)

I would say it smacks of ineptitude on the part of one party .... but then, Dems keep classified info on the computer in their bathroom, right?
From what little i know about the e-mails there was no Top Secret or Secret material disclosed. Only Confidential information was at risk. It appears to me Hillary's communications with staff members and the DNC nomination committee was somehow labeled Confidential.
I don't pretend to know the rules for determining how private e-mails
become classified but judging by the FBI's investigation it wasn't that serious.

The only way that Trump is "involved" is that Assange revealing the inner workings of the Clinton machine helped his bid for President! If you think Trump is behind the hacking you're delusional.

Nurturing a belief that Trump might be involved some way in the hacking isn't delusional at all. It simply means I am not as naive as you are. With a guy like Trump, the odds are 50/50 that he is involved.

Wow...ar

From what little i know about the e-mails there was no Top Secret or Secret material disclosed. Only Confidential information was at risk. It appears to me Hillary's communications with staff members and the DNC nomination committee was somehow labeled Confidential.
become classified but judging by the FBI's investigation it wasn't that serious.

Wow...did you really want to proclaim your ignorance that way, JQ? Comey testified under oath that there was indeed a sizeable amount of classified material among the emails that the FBI had obtained. He then seemed to give Clinton a pass for being too stupid to understand what was and wasn't classified. Another reason why to ask yourself if I really want this person to be running the country?

Nurturing a belief that Trump might be involved some way in the hacking isn't delusional at all. It simply means I am not as naive as you are. With a guy like Trump, the odds are 50/50 that he is involved.

And yet there has been ZERO proof of anything of the kind ever taking place? Who's really the naive one, JQ?

Wow...ar

Wow...did you really want to proclaim your ignorance that way, JQ? Comey testified under oath that there was indeed a sizeable amount of classified material among the emails that the FBI had obtained. He then seemed to give Clinton a pass for being too stupid to understand what was and wasn't classified. Another reason why to ask yourself if I really want this person to be running the country?

Hillary was wrong and got caught. I won't be an apologist for that!
I just read that the e-mails were classified retroactively but were not marked with appropriate classification. Clinton was wrong anyway.
Those public revelations may have cost her the election…justice was served. now lets move on! She is but a memory!

And yet there has been ZERO proof of anything of the kind ever taking place? Who's really the naive one, JQ?
Bing naive means someone has convinced you of some falsehood. No one has convinced me that Trump might be involved, I came up with that on my on based on his call for a foreign power to hack American e-mails. Perhaps I am over cautious but never naive.

Bing naive means someone has convinced you of some falsehood. No one has convinced me that Trump might be involved, I came up with that on my on based on his call for a foreign power to hack American e-mails. Perhaps I am over cautious but never naive.

I came up with that on my on based on his call for a foreign power to hack American e-mails.

You should post the exact quote you're referring to, I'll be happy to clarify your misunderstanding for you.

Trump's "call" was that the WikiLeaks email hacks revealed exactly who and what Hillary Clinton was...something that the US main stream media were deliberately not reporting on as they did whatever they could to get her elected. Do you disagree with his assessment? A "foreign power" releasing hacked emails only affects US elections if the emails provide information that the US electorate doesn't know. Hillary Clinton isn't an innocent party who was taken down by an outside source with false information...she was a corrupt party who's corruption was revealed by that outside source. Bottom line? If you don't want WikiLeaks to divulge your corruption...THEN DON'T BE CORRUPT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Wow...ar

Hillary was wrong and got caught. I won't be an apologist for that!
I just read that the e-mails were classified retroactively but were not marked with appropriate classification. Clinton was wrong anyway.
Those public revelations may have cost her the election…justice was served. now lets move on! She is but a memory!

As for the emails being classified "retroactively"? Since Clinton was using a private server for exchanging classified information that in many cases originated with her or her staff who was it that would have classified it before it was sent? This was a secret server...hidden away so that Congress and Freedom of Information requests couldn't see how it was that she was doing business. To claim...as she did...that she didn't sent classified material because it wasn't marked "Top Secret" when it was sent is farce at it's best! Of course it wasn't marked...it wasn't going through official channels! That doesn't change it's sensitive nature however...nor does it remove her obligation under the Freedom of Information Act to conduct official business in a manner that the people's representatives can prevent corruption.

In their minds what they are doing is a greater good, so they justify their wrongdoings.

Sure they do, but unlike Hillary, I don't know of any who are so paranoid as to use those private servers exclusively and 100% for their duties. Probably? You probably are a NBPP member seeking to kill cracker babies. See how that works? No evidence, just a silly guess. Unless you have proof other officials, be they Republican or Democrat, conduct themselves like Hillary did, the question remains open and unanswered.

Forum List

Back